Every Rosen Pass Vs Dallas | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every Rosen Pass Vs Dallas

I like going back and forth as much as the next guy but I'm tired so I'll end with this. I'm not team Rosen nor am I anti-Rosen. The guy has played 1 game for us and that's just not enough data to come to any conclusion one way or another. If he play's spectacularly and we go 13-3 I'll be ecstatic and will get on my knees and praise him as my new god. If he has a handful of decent to good games I think he should get another shot next year when we have more talent while Tua sits for a year.
For the record I thought Rosen was the best QB coming out in 2018 and wanted to replace Tannehill with him. But I was against trading for him when we got him from Arizona. It didn’t make sense at the time.Rosen did not look good at all in Arizona but the guy keeps getting better and I see elite qualities in him. The truth is no QB can overcome the lack of talent on this years dolphins. I would Still draft Tua and keep Rosen and see who pans out. I really don’t care who the QB is if he Is great!

For the record I thought Rosen was the best QB coming out in 2018 and wanted to replace Tannehill with him. But I was against trading for him when we got him from Arizona. It didn’t make sense at the time.Rosen did not look good at all in Arizona but the guy keeps getting better and I see elite qualities in him. The truth is no QB can overcome the lack of talent on this years dolphins. I would Still draft Tua and keep Rosen and see who pans out. I really don’t care who the QB is if he Is great!
Draft Tua...play Rosen next season behind a semblance of an O-Line...with an Impact WR (Ruggs). Trade him in the offseason for a pick(s). Start Tua in '21.

We were the only team interested in the kid even with all the qb needy teams during that draft. If he was such a hot commodity he wouldn’t have been had for a 2nd rd draft pick after being selected 10th overall by Zona.

they swapped 2nds

Lot of good stuff there. Here's how I saw the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Good
Rosen made a lot of good throws, regardless of whether they were caught or not.
Rosen didn't throw any INT's and with the exception of a few 50/50 balls, didn't really look like he was giving the ball away. Very solid outing. Good ball security.
Extended plays where he could and exhibited good pocket presence overall.
Took a sack when necessary and threw the ball away when needed.
Didn't fumble the ball nor really expose himself to INT's.
Saw the defense well and didn't get caught confused as most defenses try to do to young QB's.
Lots of good progression reads.
Quick analysis of coverages and separation.
Quick translation from what he saw to the ball out of his hand and to the receiver.
Generally put the ball where his guy could catch it, even when his ball placement was off (usually too high, which is a good sign because that's easily correctable and common for young over-excited QB's rushing things or not concentrating on their footwork).
Didn't hold onto the ball too long. Got the ball out quickly, even on deep throws.
Very good accuracy on deep throws.
Composure under pressure.
Never had a "deer in the headlights" moment.

Bad
He had a lot of bad throws, including ones that were completed which were made much harder than they needed to be or limited/prevented YAC chances.
Overall about half of his passes were poor (20 of 39 I'd call poor passes), but most were near misses rather than wild or dangerous throws.
He didn't orchestrate even one TD drive. Ultimately, those are what make QB's good, so he's gonna have to start converting drives eventually.

Ugly
That hospital ball to Hurns that caused him to have a concussion looked like a rookie mistake. To Rosen's credit, he referred to it as one of the lowest points of his career so far, so he realizes and regrets it.

Conclusion
All in all, it wasn't a productive offense, but I can definitely say that was the most encouraging game I've ever seen Josh Rosen play. This is the first time it seems like he might just be building towards eventually realizing his potential. Kudos to ya kid, this was a breakthrough game despite not generating even one TD for the offense. Now we know you have it in ya … it's just getting it out more consistently.
:hclap:

I saw a couple of bad throws with him going deep really just trying too hard to make a play. Some plays broke down that weren't necessarily his fault and bad line play too. But FAR from "a lot of bad throws". Also your claim half of his passes were poor is just another awful take. He DID orchestrate a TD drive but Williams dropped (I personally think it should have been challenged because he got two feet down) it so...semantics. The "ugly" play was a nice pass that Hurns failed to secure the catch on. Hardly "ugly" except the hit which could have been flagged for helmet to helmet. Your post reads like you're reaching for negatives when they weren't really there. Considering the circumstances I saw more in that game, against a SB caliber team, than I saw in the last several years with Tannehill. It's a moot point since we're taking Tua but if we weren't , Rosen is showing me enough to be as excited about his prospects as the fans in NY, BAL, and CLE should feel about the QBs they drafted last year

There looks to be a lot of miscommunication on routes. Especially those involving Preston Williams. It looked like there Rosen thought he was going to keep running on a few patterns while Williams sat, maybe thinking it was zone coverage.

Biggest problem is that none of these guys can catch.
You last line is exactly what the issue is.

Brady throws guys open and hits them in stride BEFORE they get to a stopping point in the zone. He doesn't throw the ball behind them, over their heads, or into the ground.

Rosen takes too long and throws it at guys who have already stopped and are waiting for the ball. There's a reason why getting the ball out quick is important, and it's not just to avoid sacks.

Well I mean, Brady has been playing for 20 years. That might have helped with all those professional level reads.

Well I mean, Brady has been playing for 20 years. That might have helped with all those professional level reads.
So what you're saying is that Brady is doing his job regardless of the "help" around him? Hmmm...

So what you're saying is that Brady is doing his job regardless of the "help" around him? Hmmm...

Brady has been in the same system for 20 years. Idk how you compare Brady to anyone else. Seriously, the Pats made Matt Cassel look like a hall of fame QB. Plus, there isn’t one players around Rosen that would be a starter on any other NFL team.

Brady has been in the same system for 20 years. Idk how you compare Brady to anyone else. Seriously, the Pats made Matt Cassel look like a hall of fame QB. Plus, there isn’t one players around Rosen that would be a starter on any other NFL team.
We've been over this. There isn't one team that Rosen would start for either.

I saw a couple of bad throws with him going deep really just trying too hard to make a play. Some plays broke down that weren't necessarily his fault and bad line play too. But FAR from "a lot of bad throws". Also your claim half of his passes were poor is just another awful take. He DID orchestrate a TD drive but Williams dropped (I personally think it should have been challenged because he got two feet down) it so...semantics. The "ugly" play was a nice pass that Hurns failed to secure the catch on. Hardly "ugly" except the hit which could have been flagged for helmet to helmet. Your post reads like you're reaching for negatives when they weren't really there. Considering the circumstances I saw more in that game, against a SB caliber team, than I saw in the last several years with Tannehill. It's a moot point since we're taking Tua but if we weren't , Rosen is showing me enough to be as excited about his prospects as the fans in NY, BAL, and CLE should feel about the QBs they drafted last year
Nah, sorry, that is incorrect. Rosen did not orchestrate a TD drive … he merely "almost" orchestrated a TD drive. Sure, it wasn't his fault, but there are 11 on offense, and like it or not his job is very much tied to his ability to get the other 10 guys to raise their level … call it leadership, or whatever you want, but a QB who doesn't put TD's on the board doesn't start for too long. Here we're hoping not that this is his level, but that this is a learning experience that can get Rosen to raise his own level and eventually become a good QB. And if he truly becomes a good QB, he will be raising the level of the other 10 on offense too, because that's what good QB's do.

I went through every throw he made multiple times … 20 of the 39 throws were bad. I explained when I originally said it that most were "near misses" not wild or dangerous throws, and IMHO, that is correct. You may be OK with a QB who throws in the general area, but the coaches are not. I could break down every throw and spend 2 hours illustrating how I was right … but you're not even going to put 10 minutes into it so I'm not going to bother. Cheers. My opinion is valid and I backed it up with my rationale. Your opinion simply differs from mine.

The fact that you're defending the hospital ball to Hurns, that not even Rosen himself defends, underscores that you might want to look a little deeper into how you define a good throw. Good QB's lead their receivers into good areas. Instant-devastation by a head-hunting safety is the worst possible area, and it can lead to a breakdown of trust from the receivers, and alligator arms over the middle from the entire receiving corps in the future. I'm confident that Rosen simply missed that in his read and never intended to put Hurns in that vulnerable position, and Rosen seems contrite and very remorseful about it, as he should be.

Nah, sorry, that is incorrect. Rosen did not orchestrate a TD drive … he merely "almost" orchestrated a TD drive. Sure, it wasn't his fault, but there are 11 on offense, and like it or not his job is very much tied to his ability to get the other 10 guys to raise their level … call it leadership, or whatever you want, but a QB who doesn't put TD's on the board doesn't start for too long. Here we're hoping not that this is his level, but that this is a learning experience that can get Rosen to raise his own level and eventually become a good QB. And if he truly becomes a good QB, he will be raising the level of the other 10 on offense too, because that's what good QB's do.

I went through every throw he made multiple times … 20 of the 39 throws were bad. I explained when I originally said it that most were "near misses" not wild or dangerous throws, and IMHO, that is correct. You may be OK with a QB who throws in the general area, but the coaches are not. I could break down every throw and spend 2 hours illustrating how I was right … but you're not even going to put 10 minutes into it so I'm not going to bother. Cheers. My opinion is valid and I backed it up with my rationale. Your opinion simply differs from mine.

The fact that you're defending the hospital ball to Hurns, that not even Rosen himself defends, underscores that you might want to look a little deeper into how you define a good throw. Good QB's lead their receivers into good areas. Instant-devastation by a head-hunting safety is the worst possible area, and it can lead to a breakdown of trust from the receivers, and alligator arms over the middle from the entire receiving corps in the future. I'm confident that Rosen simply missed that in his read and never intended to put Hurns in that vulnerable position, and Rosen seems contrite and very remorseful about it, as he should be.

Your assessment is ridiculous and you keep undervaluing what the rest of the teams responsibilities are. QB throws the ball, WR catches the ball!! The RB runs the ball, the OL protects the QB and opens lanes for the RB.

Is basic bro and if WR dont catch the TD then it's not a TD. It has nothing to do with Rosens performance....

The Patriots offense runs seamlessly and everyone does there job that's why he's Tom Brady and there the Patriots.

There's NO comparing based on the talent Rosen is dealing with!!

Rosen is pretty good for what he’s been through and changing teams, systems, signals, coaches, at twenty-one years old. I like his pocket awareness, you can see him go through progressions, he effortlessly throws the ball, is pretty accurate, doesn’t look rattled at all, and other teams are going to have to respect the pass here. They can pretty much prevent us from running but when Rosen burns them a few times they are going to have to devote defensive resources to that and everything becomes a little more open. Rosen is going to require them to respect him. I think he is going to only get better and I see a guy who has a lot of upside. Better than Darnold, Allen, may prove to be one of the elite from his class soon.

Your assessment is ridiculous and you keep undervaluing what the rest of the teams responsibilities are. QB throws the ball, WR catches the ball!! The RB runs the ball, the OL protects the QB and opens lanes for the RB.

Is basic bro and if WR dont catch the TD then it's not a TD. It has nothing to do with Rosens performance....

The Patriots offense runs seamlessly and everyone does there job that's why he's Tom Brady and there the Patriots.

There's NO comparing based on the talent Rosen is dealing with!!
The Patriots offense is the Patriots offense because their QB does his job well. They don't have any super studs on offense and yet they put a lot of points on the board. Wanna know why... ?

Back
Top Bottom