Every Rosen Pass Vs Dallas | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every Rosen Pass Vs Dallas

I guess the less kind way to put it would be … you're making excuses. When a QB leads the offense to ZERO TD's the entire game … that's not a good game.

I pointed out the drops, but if you think that absolves the QB from all responsibility … we simply are not going to see eye to eye.

My evaluation was extremely optimistic. I put in every positive thing that I saw. I concentrated on the learning points and positives. You simply want him to be elite … and Josh Rosen is not yet elite. I believe we are both rooting for him and hoping he becomes elite … and before that he at least becomes good. But at this point in time I gave a very positive evaluation of a guy who is young and learning. If you want to call that "ridiculous" then I suggest you re-read my original post, because it's all there.

Not sure what you're arguing here, but I made no comparison between Rosen and other QB's, nor did I try to suggest that Rosen was working with superior talent. In fact, if you read my posts over the entire preseason and current season, you'll see that my entire argument was based on the belief that we've stripped the team of talent and that we'd be setting Josh Rosen up to fail if we didn't wait until the bye week where he would have two weeks of prep with the 1's and start in the 6th week of the season in game 5, after the OL had a chance to gel even the tiniest bit, and the players had a chance to digest the new offense and start playing instinctively. So, you manufacturing some argument about comparing him to Tom Brady …. that's all you, because I never said anything even remotely close to that. And your strawman argument of comparing the talent level of the Patriots to the Dolphins … again, that's all you, because I never said anything even remotely close to that. Maybe you're replying to me and trying to respond to something someone else said?

Good day, and fins up.

Lol your assessment puts ALL the burden on the Quarterback which is Rosen and absolves the rest of the team of any wrong doing or responsibility!

It's really quite simple and common sense bro....

A WR's job is to catch the Touchdown not Rosens.

There have been at least 4 Touchdown drops on perfectly thrown balls by Rosen in the last 4 1/2 qtrs.

So the 6pts counts just against Rosen in your assessment!

With this poor mans roster those opportunities dont come very often and are only coming around now that Rosen is the QB so keep giving half azz assessments and give no credit to Rosen and only fault him for all the offenses deficiencies!

It will keep being LAUGHABLE to me and 90% of the fan base!!

Fins up!!

Nah, sorry, that is incorrect. Rosen did not orchestrate a TD drive … he merely "almost" orchestrated a TD drive. Sure, it wasn't his fault, but there are 11 on offense, and like it or not his job is very much tied to his ability to get the other 10 guys to raise their level … call it leadership, or whatever you want, but a QB who doesn't put TD's on the board doesn't start for too long. Here we're hoping not that this is his level, but that this is a learning experience that can get Rosen to raise his own level and eventually become a good QB. And if he truly becomes a good QB, he will be raising the level of the other 10 on offense too, because that's what good QB's do.

I went through every throw he made multiple times … 20 of the 39 throws were bad. I explained when I originally said it that most were "near misses" not wild or dangerous throws, and IMHO, that is correct. You may be OK with a QB who throws in the general area, but the coaches are not. I could break down every throw and spend 2 hours illustrating how I was right … but you're not even going to put 10 minutes into it so I'm not going to bother. Cheers. My opinion is valid and I backed it up with my rationale. Your opinion simply differs from mine.

The fact that you're defending the hospital ball to Hurns, that not even Rosen himself defends, underscores that you might want to look a little deeper into how you define a good throw. Good QB's lead their receivers into good areas. Instant-devastation by a head-hunting safety is the worst possible area, and it can lead to a breakdown of trust from the receivers, and alligator arms over the middle from the entire receiving corps in the future. I'm confident that Rosen simply missed that in his read and never intended to put Hurns in that vulnerable position, and Rosen seems contrite and very remorseful about it, as he should be.

Now watch 31 other QBs and see how many "near misses" each had

Lol your assessment puts ALL the burden on the Quarterback which is Rosen and absolves the rest of the team of any wrong doing or responsibility!

It's really quite simple and common sense bro....

A WR's job is to catch the Touchdown not Rosens.

There have been at least 4 Touchdown drops on perfectly thrown balls by Rosen in the last 4 1/2 qtrs.

So the 6pts counts just against Rosen in your assessment!

With this poor mans roster those opportunities dont come very often and are only coming around now that Rosen is the QB so keep giving half azz assessments and give no credit to Rosen and only fault him for all the offenses deficiencies!

It will keep being LAUGHABLE to me and 90% of the fan base!!

Fins up!!
Well, you can laugh if you want … but you still offer no real argument.

Nothing I said puts all of the burden on the QB, but what you're suggesting is placing NONE of the blame on the QB. There is someone who is being extremist in their viewpoint here … but it's not me …. bro.

Now watch 31 other QBs and see how many "near misses" each had
Sure thing, right after you give me a throw by throw analysis of all of those other 31 QB's throws for last week … I'll wait. I've done the specific play analysis before … but I'm not willing to put 2 hours into explaining it to you if you're not going to do the work to support your point.

Say it ain't so!

This guy saw exactly what most of us saw and actually wrote an article about lol.

You guys are so out of touch!! Please go HATE in another team cuz this fan base doesnt need you

Sure thing, right after you give me a throw by throw analysis of all of those other 31 QB's throws for last week … I'll wait. I've done the specific play analysis before … but I'm not willing to put 2 hours into explaining it to you if you're not going to do the work to support your point.

MY point???
Without knowing the % of near misses by other QBs, there is no way to know if Rosen is good or bad. YOUR point needs verification, not mine

MY point???
Without knowing the % of near misses by other QBs, there is no way to know if Rosen is good or bad. YOUR point needs verification, not mine
No, because I wasn't reviewing 32 QB's … that's kinda asking a lot dontcha think? I was analyzing the play of 1 QB and offering my analysis. You're free to analyze his play yourself rather than criticizing my analysis. But if you're going to criticize my analysis by telling me to analyze 31 other QB's … I think it's fairly straight forward to ask you to do what you're asking me to do.

I see the problem. Let me make up some data. I've checked 31 other QBs. The average 'near miss' rate is 10%, meaning Rosen sucks. Or, I could have found they were within 5% of Rosen's, meaning he's average. Or, the average 'near miss' of 31 QBs was 75%, meaning Rosen is top 5. The stat you give for Rosen means nothing without a base line and if you're goal is to evaluate Rosen on 'near misses,' that base line is important. And that's NOT considering variables like 'he put it where only the receiver had a chance.'
Back to topic, Rosen made a number of good throws. Made a few head scratchers and a few 'that took courage.' I hope the OP reposts this, say, game 12 and see if Rosen improves.

Wow I love the passion on this forum but damn its amusing to hear both sides micro analyze a guy based on his 1st game of football here. lmao

Its a long season try not to over analyze one freaking game, To me its simple.. I saw alot of good by him on throws, He was screwed really by drops.. Still an impressive debut but i reserve my judgement till i see at least 6 games with him at QB.

Consistency is what i'd like to see out of Rosen, If he can consistently make great decisions, Maintain accuracy, and see how he performs in a pressure situation will be key for me into buying into him long term for the future..

As of now, I like him he can start 2020 but I'd whole heartedly take a QB in the 1st round next season and have a competition.. He has a long way to go before i change my mind on that

Some good some bad. Some not his fault. Still has to be a bit quicker with the ball at times and he also missed some throws. But the injuries to the OL and the drops are a killer

Back
Top Bottom