Every snap that Eich, Hunt and AJAX played in our Bucs game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every snap that Eich, Hunt and AJAX played in our Bucs game

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Enjoy. Keep in mind the Bucs defense was clearly entirely geared around stuffing the run. Everything from 5 on the line of scrimmage with inside slants and backers flowing to RB's to run stunts and other run oriented schemes. Typical of Todd Bowles defenses.
None of our guys was great blocking the run, but they did fine against the pass. Deiter looked really tired halfway into our first drive, but I'm sure he'll come along and be a solid option at Center again this season.

AKAX and Hunt performed well enough. Eichenberg had a rough nite at guard.
When was it that Eich had a rough nite? He did a solid job picking up a twist, he ran blocked well - at least as well as the others. His pass pro was good. Which plays stood out to you as bad?

When was it that Eich had a rough nite? He did a solid job picking up a twist, he ran blocked well - at least as well as the others. His pass pro was good. Which plays stood out to you as bad?

Agreed, after hearing how bad he was last night as expecting to see a horror show.

Honestly didn’t see a bad play on that loop. Didn’t stand out as exceptional, but he did a solid job last night.

Imagine that play where Coleman gets so beat and Skylar moves up into the pocket past the rush that is contained....now put Armstead there and see what time our QB would have.

Really impressed with the trio and hope they can keep that up against elite talent.

Austin Jackson looks awkward playing football, if mccoaching and staff can save this dude, that would be incredible.

Eich and Dieter both got smothered on one play. Eich didn't move particularly well on that play. However, he did fine on other plays from what I could tell. He is a developing player so we will see how he adapts. I am optimistic.

Dieter adds value because he can actually snap the ball. But he is neither athletic nor strong and just physically doesn't do anything. But from a cautiousness standpoint, he probably survives another year because he can at least snap the ball.

Having said, that Pankey at least brings a physical dimension that Dieter does not. Neither is mobile but at least Pankey brings power. If they feel confident in Williams and Pankey snapping the ball, Dieter could be one of those least expected, sneaky cuts. I am not predicting just out of being risk averse, but the potential is greater with the other two guys if the staff feels comfortable with snapping (which, frankly, they may not).

IMO he was late picking up that stunt. The rusher was getting past him but fortunately it was a quick throw. I also thought he got pushed back in the run game. Specifically on that run by Michel. Eich was pushed back into the lane.

Always liked Kindley. How he can turn it around
I think his offseasons need to improve. Weight is always a bit high. I'm still not 100% convinced that we aren't better with him at RG and Hunt at RT and AJAX benched. But if I'm honest I haven't seen enough practice film to make any declarations, it's just based on limited film.
It's hard not to love players as good on contact as he is...

Back
Top Bottom