Every Tannehill Dropback Vs Bucs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every Tannehill Dropback Vs Bucs

Tannehill played a perfect game last night. Any mistakes by the offense were not on him.

Last edited:
Just a little rusty i think. The dump off to Ballage was doomed, defender had him in his sights. Tannehill tried to throw to the side the defender wasn't on but still bad pass

The ballage ball catchable or not is going nowhere. The defense is giving you that with the coverage call. It’s the dump.

I don’t know what the sticks were but I’d guess it a long down and distance based on the coverage call.

Or it’s just your typical preseason drop out and see how your lbs especially look put it on tape call. How do they look getting depth what’s the awareness etc. preseason par for the course

Im surprised he looked so good. anyone fretting about him missing last 2 passes- get real.

It will likely be 3-5 games in reg season before Tannehill is back to prime- and even then good QBs miss their mark all the time.

Yea. Reminded me of Marino.

JK.

Actually Joe Montana.

No!

Maybe

Steve Grogan.

Post rehab.

I mean he is set to start preseason game 2.

That’s a win in my book.

There was some rust on those last two throws but that is to be expected.

The check in to the draw play was refreshing and a good read by Ryan.

Most importantly the movement was good. Obviously one game doesn’t make it a definitive but from the small sample size I was encouraged.

I'm just glad that Tannehill is back healthy. Look at the skins

Update: Derrius Guice diagnosed with torn ACL
13094.jpg

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Redskins second-round RB Derrius Guice suffered a torn ACL in Thursday's preseason game against the Patriots.

Just brutal. It was reported earlier that Guice had escaped with just a sprained MCL but an MRI revealed the bad news on Friday. Assuming the usual recovery time, the 21-year-old will miss all of 2018. It's a huge blow to a Redskins running game that was hoping for a lift this year. In his absence, Samaje Perine should be the favorite for early-down carries with Chris Thompson occupying his usual role on passing downs. Rob

Five easy throws, 4 accurate and 1 off target. One throw facing minimal pressure, he did a nice job of stepping up and made a poor throw.

Sometimes the denial of Tannehill’s play is ridiculous. Two poor throws out of six attempts, first live action since 2016 in meaningless game. He’s not going to lose his starting spot because of it. Arguing those weren’t poor throws on his part is analogous to saying it’s not the fault of a Tackle, who’s your favorite player, for getting beat by a DE on his way to the QB because the plan was to let him go by and have a RB block him so it’s the RBs fault despite the RB lined up to help protect the opposite side. In other words, “Don’t believe what you clearly see” and always operate under the premise “It’s not his fault.”

Tannehill regularly misses throws in practice, and that has extended to a live game situation. His problem has forever been consistency regardless of the WR's or Offensive Line players.

The main positive is he looked fully recovered and will surely get the chance to prove he is or he's not the answer this year once and for all.

Movement and footwork was good. And that's what I was most concerned about. He also looked extremely comfortable running the offense. Pretty sure the draw play that picked up 10 and a half yards on 3rd and 11 was something he checked into when he saw the defense.

However, he was off-target on those last two throws and that is where we need to see him get more reps and get back in the groove. I honestly disagree with the decision to have him out last night for only one drive. Andrew Luck got two drives and took some hits, and his rehab is honestly more of a concern than Ryan Tannehill's right now.

Good notes but he wasn't off target on the last throw. I think he was expecting Ballage to sit since it was zone and Ballage kept running, so he threw it to his back shoulder instead of in front of him and getting him killed.

That's the part of his game that disappoints me. Very little improvising, robotic even. Something that can make him so much more dangerous. For someone so athletic, he doesn't use it nearly enough. Scramble more, make the defense pay with your legs

total agree, and then Fitzpatrick shreds us with his legs everytime

If the worst we are doing is over analyzing two throws that's pretty darn good. He looked to have command of the game and overall his throws looked pretty on point. He didn't look like a guy pressing because it was his first game action in a year and a half.

total agree, and then Fitzpatrick shreds us with his legs everytime
Qbs all over the league are doing it, ryan should not be the exception..Steve young used to say right from the start of the game, if they turned their backs to him in coverage he would tuck and run just to make sure he was in their heads, and if they were gonna play they were gonna have to account for everything while they were in coverage.

Jmo, but no more babysitting this part of the game, a player like tannehill should be averaging at least twice as many carries as he does, a couple of those carries should happen on his own accord to threaten the defense..

Really this seems like a small part to be worried about, however, with our third down conversion rate being so bad the last few years it would really help if we could convert a couple of those in easy fashion, I think they go along way in the outcome of the game because I believe it plants seeds in defenders heads and opens up real estate for others.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom