Every team had a good draft/Best draft ever??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every team had a good draft/Best draft ever???

Butterfrog 2.0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I know a lot of people are excited about our picks, and So am I......... Especially the first 3 picks.........WoW!!!! But if you look at all the teams this weekend it looks like they all had pretty darn good drafts. You could look at almost every teams picks over the weekend and say........."Damn they got a few really good players that are really going to help them" Obviously this is not going to be the case, some of these stud picks "Everyone" seemed to have got aren't going to work out no matter how good they were supposed to be, but If you look all across the board, and the talent that was picked up in the 3rd, 4th, 5th rounds this was an EXCELLENT draft. I can't remember the last time I seen a draft with this many really good or really great prospects. I really don't see how some people were saying this was a weak draft, it could turn out to be one of the best ever!!!!

I know everyone is happy with there picks but i think it's just that the NFL is hyping players up better then before.

cedric benson, troy williamson and Cadilac Williams i think will all be Top ten picks that flop in years to come

yeah but some teams reached really bad, like seattle, raiders, bills or even the mighty pats

wazzy said:
I know everyone is happy with there picks but i think it's just that the NFL is hyping players up better then before.

cedric benson, troy williamson and Cadilac Williams i think will all be Top ten picks that flop in years to come

but not ronnie brown?? :evil:

Al13 said:
yeah but some teams reached really bad, like seattle, raiders, bills or even the mighty pats

What does that mean??

The Bills draft was as good as it could have been. We didn't have a first, got a playmaker in the 2nd, and an athkletic TE in the 3rd. The rest of the picks are "reaches" just like every other post 3rd rounder is. No one knows if anyone past the 3rd is gonna make an NFL roster.

Losman7 said:
What does that mean??

The Bills draft was as good as it could have been. We didn't have a first, got a playmaker in the 2nd, and an athkletic TE in the 3rd. The rest of the picks are "reaches" just like every other post 3rd rounder is. No one knows if anyone past the 3rd is gonna make an NFL roster.
The only problem with the Bills taking Parish in the seond is that they didnt need him. And its not as if he was first round talent that fell. The Bills already have Moulds, Evans, Reed, Aikens, J.Smith and now Parish. Someones gotta go and my guess is Josh Reed. Everett was a good pick. Hes been stuck behind some very good TE's at Miami and didnt have the opportunities to show off his skills. I guess I just dont understand the Parish pick. Not knocking him as a player. Maybe the Bills plan on taking the kr/pr duties away from Mcgee. I wouldnt because thats his best asset, and the reason all Bills fans love him. And rightfully so

I don't think anyone completely pooch-screwed the draft this year. I wouldn't give anyone a grade below C-. I can remember some years when San Diego got a big fat F for their efforts.

outlawd2u said:
If you look all across the board, and the talent that was picked up in the 3rd, 4th, 5th rounds this was an EXCELLENT draft. I can't remember the last time I seen a draft with this many really good or really great prospects.
This is the exact opposite of what a lot of analysts where saying.

Even Belichick said it at his pre-draft press conference, where he usually doesn't say much of anything. He hated the talent pool this year so much that he spent much of his time trading out of this year's draft and into next year's.

Seriously... the Patriots picked up four 2006 draft picks this weekend - a 3rd, two 4ths, and a 5th. They've already got 11 draft picks for next year, and they'll probably get some more compensatory picks as well.

Losman7 said:
What does that mean??

sorry man no diss at all, but i read everywhere that parrish will be a #3 receiver on his team and to get a 3rd guy with a 2nd round pick is a reach, imo :D

I'm not knocking the Bills draft i just disagree with there 2nd round pick. Also, Bills fans call him a playmaker and they already have Moulds, Evans and Mcgee returning the ball. I think you could of added depth somewhere else but time will tell.

phunwin said:
I don't think anyone completely pooch-screwed the draft this year. I wouldn't give anyone a grade below C-. I can remember some years when San Diego got a big fat F for their efforts.

No, we took that from SD this year. Talent wise, probably a b-, but for filling the scheme wise, I had no freakin clue what he was doing, he was drafting for a 4-3, not the 3-4 which he promised us. that gets a big fat F! He either lied, or when Dallas grab Spears in the first, it scrwed his head up, and he blew it. Once again, sticking to what he knows, blew it for us. Now, were back to the same old, over front D BS, that gets no penetration, and now we dont have the corners to keep it from becoming ugly on Sundays. No QB competition. So, when did we exactly pass on Frye, Orton, Lefors? Oh yeah, the second, third and fourth rounds. So, dont make it out to be we would of been reaching and messed up our game plan by grabbin one of these guys.

Back
Top Bottom