Everyone assumes QB, not Barkley? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everyone assumes QB, not Barkley?

Yeah Barkley is gone in top 5 and I didn't want Mayfield then got excited about all the talk and hype of getting Mayfield and now im back to getting the team more picks by trading back a little in the first round. Grabbing Mason Rudolph who is grounded in his maturity and can stay outta trouble in south florida pick up an extra 3rd or 4th rd pick and acquire some depth at RB there.

I think that today's NFL mindset in regards to RB's has morphed into both a running and receiving threat, rather than >90% running and <10% receiving in years past. With a RB that can add to the passing game, it frees up a whole lot of the playbook to make defenses play the Dolphins more honest than they do now. Barkley is a stud, no denying that, but I would be a little skittish about trading up for him and giving up other opportunities to fill out the roster.

Yup. That's how the generation of offenses is evolving. You don't wanna have to sub between two different types of backs consistently. Having interchangeable running back depth that can catch/run gives the defense fits. Just look in New Orleans and our situation w/ drake once Ajayi left

It's just what works anymore unless you play like Jacksonville, heavy running game and pass game comes primarily off play action

Am I the only one not smitten with SB?

I mean he is a specimen and all that but all the praise he is getting makes him better than Emmitt, Barry and OJ put together.

Let's get real, he has piss poor after contact yards for a big guy.

Am I the only one not smitten with SB?

I mean he is a specimen and all that but all the praise he is getting makes him better than Emmitt, Barry and OJ put together
Let's get real, he has piss poor after contact yards for a big guy.

Not sure where you got your incorrect info.

• One of the best receiving backs in the nation, gained 1.9 yards per route
run, led all FBS RBs with at least 40 targets.
• A threat to take it to the house on any carry, ranked fifth among all FBS
RBs with a breakaway percentage of 56.8.
• Broke 35 tackles on 200 carries in 2017.
• Averaged 3.4 yards per carry after contact.
• Had an elusive rating of 65.6, good for 26th in the nation in 2017. Elusive
rating declined each of the past two seasons.
• Pass protection has not been stellar, allowed at least eight total pressures
in each of the last three seasons.
• Naturally gifted ball carrier with spectacular skills, his only negative is a
natural desire to want to make the big play every carry.

Not sure where you got your incorrect info.

• One of the best receiving backs in the nation, gained 1.9 yards per route
run, led all FBS RBs with at least 40 targets.
• A threat to take it to the house on any carry, ranked fifth among all FBS
RBs with a breakaway percentage of 56.8.
• Broke 35 tackles on 200 carries in 2017.
• Averaged 3.4 yards per carry after contact.
• Had an elusive rating of 65.6, good for 26th in the nation in 2017. Elusive
rating declined each of the past two seasons.
• Pass protection has not been stellar, allowed at least eight total pressures
in each of the last three seasons.
• Naturally gifted ball carrier with spectacular skills, his only negative is a
natural desire to want to make the big play every carry.

Here is some incorrect info from NFL..

WEAKNESSES
More elusive than he is powerful. Has modest broken tackle numbers during his career at Penn State. Plays with inconsistent leg drive through contact when working between the tackles. Will need to develop a more north/south mindset as a pro. Doesn't always trust his run crease and will look to find side doors to bounce out of. Gets too cute with stutter-steps and jukes on first level allowing help to flow to the ball. Needs a little earlier commitment on stretch plays and sweeps rather than going through extended probing. Has bouts with focus drops as pass catcher and his catch radius is limited. Inconsistent at take-on blocks in pass protection.

Back
Top Bottom