Everyone slow your roll.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everyone slow your roll..

Quadfather

Club Member
Reaction score
Its obvious that once Joe Philbin was hired, that this organization was going to start all over again, from the ground up. Thats why you saw the Marshall and Davis trades. But before that was the decision to take Ryan Tannehill 8th overall. Tannehill looks all the part so far, and I know alot of you are mad cause we are losing, that we dont have all the right pieces, that this must be a crime! But the fact is, we need to have patience with this team. Tannehill is growing exponentionally every week, so there is no limit this year. We are one game back so we arent out of anything at all. Next year we have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. Philbin is building this team through the draft, not through free agents or trading for players. Just to put things in perspective, In Peyton Mannings rookie year he threw 28 interceptions and fumbled the ball 3 times and the team was 3-13. The next year he was practically the MVP and the colts were 13-3. And stop blaming Jeff Ireland as a scape goat. There are 32 teams in the NFl and just about every teams fans are calling for the heads of there GMs and coaches. These guys are human and it could be a whole lot worse. Look at the mess Jacksonville is in...

Agreed but with the way we can play and having 50 mil cap space plus 5 picks in the first 3 rounds should almost expect next year to be a good one if tannehill keeps developing and we cover those holes. Anything can happen with ireland tho if he gets resign I will call suicide hotline for the first time in my life.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

If you're going to mention jacksonville you should mention Browns who have had just as bad if not a worse decade and before that.

I don't trust Ireland with the picks next year and with all that cap space. If he's not here, I will be a lot more optimistic. Call me a bad fan, but I have legitimate concerns. All our needs are at the skill positions, which Ireland has been awful at drafting.

Tannehill has a bright future.

Only thing that I am somewhat optimistic about is it looks like Miami is about one draft away from being legit contenders and next years draft is the one to do it with all the picks. Though I'm sure everyone's heard that one before.

I think everyone is incredibly frustrated at how we lost these last two, and deep down you feel like we coulda/shoulda won both games and be sitting pretty at 3-1. I hate how the media and guys like Dan Patrick are gushing over the Cardinals great win today and how they are 4-0, but I think deep down we can compete with anyone...but we still have a ways to go and have to add a little more talent. This is Tannehill's first season and all rookies are going to take some lumps. This is a rebuilding year.....but we have five picks in the first three rounds in 2013, and these close games should toughen us up, and maybe next time we are in a close game we will have learned how to put the other team away. I think we are heading in the right direction over the long run. There are still 12 games left in the season and a lot can happen. At least we are not 0-4 like the New Orleans Aints. :crazy:

Only thing that I am somewhat optimistic about is it looks like Miami is about one draft away from being legit contenders and next years draft is the one to do it with all the picks. Though I'm sure everyone's heard that one before.
Our cap space will help this time tho.

I don't trust Ireland with the picks next year and with all that cap space. If he's not here, I will be a lot more optimistic. Call me a bad fan, but I have legitimate concerns. All our needs are at the skill positions, which Ireland has been awful at drafting.

Tannehill has a bright future.

So Ireland had nothing to do with drafting Tannehill? If you re-read your post, which I should do with mine sometimes, you almost contradict yourself.

If our two biggest needs are a great WR and CB. I have complete confindence in Ireland that he can get a couple of them with all the draft picks for next year. Including another TE. Alot of our holes are filled, we just need to get these two positions sealed. We are deep in many other positions. This is the one thing Ireland is good at. Drafting high the position of need and scoring. Others may just disagree how much a positiion is of need.

So Ireland had nothing to do with drafting Tannehill? If you re-read your post, which I should do with mine sometimes, you almost contradict yourself.

If our two biggest needs are a great WR and CB. I have complete confindence in Ireland that he can get a couple of them with all the draft picks for next year. Including another TE. Alot of our holes are filled, we just need to get these two positions sealed. We are deep in many other positions. This is the one thing Ireland is good at. Drafting high the position of need and scoring. Others may just disagree how much a positiion is of need.

It took 5 years to draft a QB though. I also think he only did it because of the pressure from the fan base to do so.

I hope Ireland succeeds, but I have legitimate concerns. He hasn't done well in those spots.

Back
Top Bottom