“Everything is perfect” with DeVante Parker’s recovery | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“Everything is perfect” with DeVante Parker’s recovery

You guys also have to take into account the amount of time it will take to gain muscle back in that leg after it's probably atrophied being in the boot, as well as getting back into football shape.

Any of you remember that Brian Hartline story from a few years ago about coming in late to training camp because of an injury and basically having "camp legs" during the first quarter of the season?

The Falcon's WR Julio Jones broke his foot, not once, but twice, but he has recovered and had a very good season in 2014. Every player is different, but I think foot injuries are much more treatable than they were ten to fifteen years ago. It doesn't sound like this is the type of injury that NBA big men get, usually because they have brittle bones. Hoping for the best.

You guys also have to take into account the amount of time it will take to gain muscle back in that leg after it's probably atrophied being in the boot, as well as getting back into football shape.

Any of you remember that Brian Hartline story from a few years ago about coming in late to training camp because of an injury and basically having "camp legs" during the first quarter of the season?

Hopefully he gets back right around pre season week 2. I agree about the leg muscle but football shape wont take long for the kid.

Was that his excuse for falling down all the time?

all I remember is reading that parker stated if the season started a month ago, he would have been playing and elected to not get the recond surgery. He is just over 6 weeks into recovery, and am unsure on how the healing process is with the procedure, but I hope he is ready to run and regain his "football legs" by the 1st week of September, as he will be approximately 13 weeks removed from surgery.

I read an article a few weeks ago stating that an 8 week recovery would be optimistic, but not probable. The article went on to say that a study was done looking at roughly 20 athletes who have had similar procedure and the average recovery time was a little over 12 weeks, with all of them making full recoveries.

Edit: here is the article I was referencing. published june 8
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...kers-return-from-surgery-might-be-optimistic/

Back
Top Bottom