“Everything is perfect” with DeVante Parker’s recovery | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“Everything is perfect” with DeVante Parker’s recovery

dipset-crutches-o.gif

Having the screw replaced makes me feel that there was still some non-union of the fracture and/or his body began rejecting the first one.

I'm not sure that's the case. If I had to guess, without being involved in the case or looking at his chart, the screw removed could have been a bit long causing some discomfort or irritation to the surrounding tissue. You'd be surprised how often this happens. The screw is in a weight bearing bone so the issue of pain had to be resolved ASAP before the season started.

What I do know is that the agent is correct. These kind of procedures are done as precautionary so the patient doesn't experience pain in the long term.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again: Stop worrying. This isn't a big deal.

It is a little concerning that he broke his foot a year ago and has already needed to have surgery. But, who knows maybe we'll get lucky. We're due to be lucky with the WR position. I hope he's as awesome as all predict.

I am far from worried. I never expected less than it to be fine just replacing a screw.

When was that photo taken?

Is he still in a cast?

yea right, like its good news to see him that way. Wow, you must have used all your brain power

picking out that metacommunicative pictorial representation of a facial expression!

:loser:

I like Parker alot. I like how he didn't have the need to show off wearing any glitzy attire at the draft, as some other first rounders did. That he was there to get drafted and not distracted by pressure of opinions of others, or contemplating how he's viewed. He was simply there to enjoy and soak in the moment, fully appreciating the opportunity with humbleness. I really like his demeanor and maturity as a young man, and here wishing he has a healthy and full recovery.

The injury Green had would be fairly easily fixed today. Unfortunately, back then it was career ending. He could have been quite good.

The foot issue Parker has can be fixed and essentially was fixed. But they wanted to be sure it was fine so this is kinda an elective surgery to make sure it is right. Better lose a little training camp now and be certain it will not become a recurring issue.

Parker will be fine. The only question is how the missed time to gel with Tannehill effects their chemistry, and how quickly he can sharpen up his route running after the rehab is done.

Given how natural he looked in OTA's and his 80" wingspan, and exceptional ability to adjust to the throw, and soft hands ... I think the chemistry will be fine.

Route running takes time and practice, but Parker is a hard worker and I have faith Tannehill is willing to put in the extra reps to get Parker up to speed quickly.

Back
Top Bottom