Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed

Miami should have some decent choices in the off season at the QB position without getting locked into a big contract at QB.

It will be a buyers market. The usual suspects are committed to the QBs that got drafted this year...Browns, Bills, Jets, Cards, Ravens aren't going to be drafting a QB early or spending $$$ for one.

The only teams I can see being in the market for a QB willing to spend a 1st round pick or spend $ for a QB...Jags for sure, Giants depending on Manning who has been playing well of late, Bucs depending on whether they've had enough of Winston, Broncos perhaps but not sure if Keenum's contract locks them in for another year and Raiders are a wild card just b/c of Gruden.

If any teams above other than the Jags decide to move on leaving Manning, Winston, Keenum or Carr available Miami has easily found a QB just as good if not better than Tannehill, although I'm not a fan of signing an old Eli. Considering Bridgewater will be available and Lock, Finley, Hebert, Grier, Haskins will be available in the draft there is absolutely "ZERO" reason to offer Tannehill much money.

If Miami does bring back Tannehill giving him anything above a $12-15 mil one-year contract would be foolish. Which is why Miami will probably make him one of the highest paid QBs :(

The only team I can think of that Tannehill might have a chance of starting other than the QB foolish Dolphins is the Jags. Let them have him as that would prevent them from getting a good QB. To get into a bidding war with the Jags over an average at best QB when there are so many more options are available would be lunacy!

Both Jville and Denver and us are still facing pretty decent sized Cap hits with their incumbent QBs in 2019. That makes them more likely to go young at QB and avoid adding another 8 figure contract at the position.

Oakland, Tampa and the Giants all have QB contracts they can get out of without tkaing a massive cap hit to do it.

I think the Giants and Jaguars are the biggest threats to take a QB in round 1.

I think Oakland is all about Bosa

Denver sticks with Keenum and Tampa ultimately sticks with Winston

That leaves Miami back in no mans land at QB and that is where the Tannehill paycut and stick with him another year would come into play.

Its leaning that way with the current cap hit as much as I want new blood at QB.

But 2019 becomes make or break for the entire regime IMO. Young bring back Ryan and Gase and you are mediocre or worse . . . .you have to start fresh and get your QB in 2020.

In terms of Tannehill if he is let go Jax and Denver I would think as main suitors.

Pretty sure Denver has an out with keenum and that wouldn’t be a tough decision.

But both these teams would be competing with you for the draft qb too.

Tampa is a wildcard. And don’t rule out Oakland either in terms of potentially replacing its qb.

If I’m Tannehill though give me Jax or Denver. Teddy b is gonna play into someone’s plans too. Likely someone who doesn’t have a conviction about the qbs in the class.

Carr’s contract is gonna make for a tough sell to anyone in trade. I sure wouldn’t want it.

Carr’s contract is very cuttable. Oakland was smart enough to take the cap hits on directly vis roster bonuses instead of deferring them with signing bonuses.

He only cost them $7.5 million in dead cap to cut. Its a definite possibility.

Carr’s contract is very cuttable. Oakland was smart enough to take the cap hits on directly vis roster bonuses instead of deferring them with signing bonuses.

He only cost them $7.5 million in dead cap to cut. Its a definite possibility.

I thought he was the highest paid qb in football for a bit there on like a 7 year pact. Like not even 2 years ago.

I thought bortles was on his 5th year option they picked up this year and free after this season?

I gotta pay more attention to the details evidently

Miami should have some decent choices in the off season at the QB position without getting locked into a big contract at QB.

It will be a buyers market. The usual suspects are committed to the QBs that got drafted this year...Browns, Bills, Jets, Cards, Ravens aren't going to be drafting a QB early or spending $$$ for one.

The only teams I can see being in the market for a QB willing to spend a 1st round pick or spend $ for a QB...Jags for sure, Giants depending on Manning who has been playing well of late, Bucs depending on whether they've had enough of Winston, Broncos perhaps but not sure if Keenum's contract locks them in for another year and Raiders are a wild card just b/c of Gruden.

If any teams above other than the Jags decide to move on leaving Manning, Winston, Keenum or Carr available Miami has easily found a QB just as good if not better than Tannehill, although I'm not a fan of signing an old Eli. Considering Bridgewater will be available and Lock, Finley, Hebert, Grier, Haskins will be available in the draft there is absolutely "ZERO" reason to offer Tannehill much money.

If Miami does bring back Tannehill giving him anything above a $12-15 mil one-year contract would be foolish. Which is why Miami will probably make him one of the highest paid QBs :(

The only team I can think of that Tannehill might have a chance of starting other than the QB foolish Dolphins is the Jags. Let them have him as that would prevent them from getting a good QB. To get into a bidding war with the Jags over an average at best QB when there are so many more options are available would be lunacy!

Tannehill is under contract for next year.:bang:

I don’t think anyone other than Coughlin would consider Eli should the giants let him go.

He’s pretty close to washed up.

I thought he was the highest paid qb in football for a bit there on like a 7 year pact. Like not even 2 years ago.

It was 5/125 and an extension at that so they added that money onto the end of the rookie deal, so it functions more like 6/127. The signing bonus was only $12.5 million . . .QBs with that type of contract sign $50 million signing bonuses which lock them in for the majority of the deal and lessen the cap hits early.

Oakland took their medicine right away with immediate $25 million dollar cap hits.

I thought bortles was on his 5th year option they picked up this year and free after this season?

I gotta pay more attention to the details evidently

Yea they extended Bortles through 2020 ROFL

What’s bortles cap hit next year?

Jon Gruden cannot like carrs situational play. That much I know.

What’s bortles cap hit next year?

Jon Gruden cannot like carrs situational play. That much I know.

$16.5 on Bortles. $10 million from signing bonus and 6.5 from them guaranteeing that much of the base in 2019.

He aint going nowhere.

*edit that is the dead cap of course, cap hit is over $20 million

$16.5 on Bortles. $10 million from signing bonus and 6.5 from them guaranteeing that much of the base in 2019.

He aint going nowhere.

Holy balls. I take it back. That contract trumps Andre branches for worst in football.

Yep they got to draft their qb. They should be all in.

I guess those 2 front loaded $25 mil hits on carrs contract is why they couldn’t resign Khalil Mack.

Ouch.

This stuff just makes me think even more that Miami needs to draft a rookie de difference maker they can control for 5 years on a rookie pact or a qb.

They tried with Charles Harris looks like that failed.

It also makes me think even more Tannehill stays for 2019 regardless

I guess those 2 front loaded $25 mil hits on carrs contract is why they couldn’t resign Khalil Mack.

Ouch.

They have tons of cap space in 2019 and beyond, even with Carr. They are staring at over $80 million on free space with tons of draft capital.

They could of easily kept Mack, but John Gruden looked at the AFC West, saw they wouldn’t be good enough for the immediate future and decided to build it from the ground up.

He’ll probably end up the smartest guy in the room when its all said and done.

They have tons of cap space in 2019 and beyond, even with Carr. They are staring at over $80 million on free space with tons of draft capital.

They could of easily kept Mack, but John Gruden looked at the AFC West, saw they wouldn’t be good enough for the immediate future and decided to build it from the ground up.

He’ll probably end up the smartest guy in the room when its all said and done.

I don’t know how you ever give up a complete de with the pass rush impact of a Khalil mack. I sure as hell wouldn’t have done it.

Back
Top Bottom