Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed

We seem to find effective linemen in the SEC. After watching Georgia and Alabama, i think they should go back to the well this offseason.

I know ill get shamed for saying it but, Sam Young at Right Tackle isn't bad. Young sucks at LT, but whenever he played RT he did pretty well. If Juwan James demands a lot of money and it gets in the way of us signing Xavien and Laremy, tell him goodbye. I wouldn't mind Sam Young filling the void for awhile, and if Miami doesn't make the playoffs why not put him at RT some more to see what we've got.

When was the last time we developed an OL guy that wasn't a first round pick? Samson Satele or something? Wasn't that like 15 years ago?

Serious question.. what the ****??????????????

When was the last time we developed an OL guy that wasn't a first round pick? Samson Satele or something? Wasn't that like 15 years ago?

John jerry carved out a decent enough career as a third rounder. Stuck with the Giants as a starter until recently.

Yea its difficult to think about tho lol

Rex Hadnot stuck around after his rookie tenure in Miami

But it is sad when u gotta go back to Keith Simms LOL and its not like he was a slouch being a top 40 pick and all.

I know ill get shamed for saying it but, Sam Young at Right Tackle isn't bad. Young sucks at LT, but whenever he played RT he did pretty well. If Juwan James demands a lot of money and it gets in the way of us signing Xavien and Laremy, tell him goodbye. I wouldn't mind Sam Young filling the void for awhile, and if Miami doesn't make the playoffs why not put him at RT some more to see what we've got.

Just dont know if you want to roll with that as your day one starter- the guy you keep releasing and resigning who is probably about to hang it up.

I will say this though, I cant say Im always on board with who this staff has as inactive on the OL each game.

James will probably get decent money, assuming he finishes the year healthy

We seem to find effective linemen in the SEC. After watching Georgia and Alabama, i think they should go back to the well this offseason.

My #1 is that center from Wisconsin if he declares. Tyler Biadazs

This is a really good post.

I've mentioned not reaching for a QB just because we feel the need to several times in this thread already......I completely agree with your thoughts on this.

However once I do see the guy I want, you have to go for it. If the QB is out there that you know is the future of your franchise, then you do what you need to do to draft him. In my mind, that is likely 2020, but who knows.

Completely agree.

I still believe you will be hardpressed to find a team that has invested more into their offensive line than Miami has since 2011.

They just suck at evaluating or their scheme has just sucked.

2011 - Mike Pouncey - 15th overall
2012 - Johnathan Martin - 42nd overall
2013 - Dallas Thomas - 77th overall
2014 - Juwan James - 19th overall
2014 - Billy Turner - 67th overall
2014 - Branden Albert - 5 years/47 million
2015 - Jamil Douglas - 114th overall
2016 - Laremy Tunsil - 13th overall
2017 - Isaac Asiata - 164th overall
2018 - Josh Sitton - 2 years / $13.5 million

That is not ignoring the OLine at all. You will be hardpressed to find a team that has done more in that time period on their oline.

This is an indictment of the organization’s ability to evaluate talent and the ability of the coaches teaching that talent, not an indication that the QB is the problem.

Working on Jesse Davis right now! Lol

If I'm Tannehill, I go straight to NE. Brady can't play forever and I can think of worse things than playing for Belichick for 10 years.

Lmaaoooo yeah I’m sure the Patriots plan is to get Ryan Tannehill to follow up Brady for the next 10 years ha ha ha thx for the belly laugh omg you really outdid yourself with this one

Kdawg was it you that mentioned maybe Jesse Davis as an RT option next year?

Last year when thrust into action i think he was okay there? Better at guard iirc? But either way he has regressed this year. I’m just not a big fan of paying James either. He’s above average but not great enough I’d want to pay him top RT money

Does Asiata suck really bad to not even be a thought to take over for Larsen? And if he is so bad why do they keep him? What a waste.

They better be seriously looking at Michael Jordan from Ohio state. Kid can play guard and center.

Back
Top Bottom