Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed

Invest in linemen that don’t have an injury history. I mean when you lose guys left and right the depth eventually is needed and isn’t always ideal after the second tier guys.

Ya know this sounds strange, but imo, some of this could come down to the evaluation process when they are in underwear at the combine, not just a sheet of paper that says how many injuries the player had previously.

Understanding how the body is built, the physique, the joints, can be projected to a degree imo.

Funny part is Tunsil may be the best LT in football and the line is still full of nightmares
Well, we have two elite cornerstone position players at this point, X and Tunsil..that’s pretty cool.:)

You are getting fooled by the single image.
Respectfully, I don't believe that is correct. No matter what any other image shows, the single image I commented on showed that Gore was engaged on a block of a DL who had gotten past the initial block. Whether he picked up that block or #20, one guy was going unblocked and a sack was inevitable unless RT throws the ball away. An unblocked inside pass rusher is typically a higher priority than a delayed edge blitz. In any event, the point I was responding to was the assertion that there were blocking problems other than the o-line, when the image shows that the play involved a clear failure by the o-line. Whether Gore failed to pick up the correct block was pretty irrelevant to the play, but more importantly, not as clear.

As Lionstone noted, we don't know the scheme so it is hard to draw conclusions as to how this was supposed to be blocked. It appears that the RG (Davis) believes he did not have primary blocking responsibility on Lotuleilei, as he is pushing him toward Brendel with his left arm extended rather than trying to engage him head on, but Brendel does not pick up the block of Lotuleilei and instead extends out to block the LB, giving Lotuleilei a clear path to RT. On the screen shot I commented on, you can see that Brendel clearly realizes his error as his head is turned looking at Lotuleilei. That was clear error #1. Davis seems to believe he has the responsibility to block the LB that O'Leary decides to engage as Davis stays in position to pick up that block, so now you have Davis and O'Leary both somewhat in position to block an LB who may or may not be rushing, while a d-lineman goes unblocked and a delayed blitz is ignored. Error #2. BTW, on a passing play, O'Leary's path seems a bit strange...that looks like a seal block that would be employed on a running play. O'Leary had position to block #20 (and I can imagine that he was blocking Gore's view of #20) but he abandoned that position to go pick up a LB who ultimately didn't rush and who Davis was in position to block. I don't understand what the intended blocking scheme was, but if your C, RG and TE all are not blocking the man standing in front of them, you got a problem.

Respectfully, I don't believe that is correct. No matter what any other image shows, the single image I commented on showed that Gore was engaged on a block of a DL who had gotten past the initial block. Whether he picked up that block or #20, one guy was going unblocked and a sack was inevitable unless RT throws the ball away. An unblocked inside pass rusher is typically a higher priority than a delayed edge blitz. In any event, the point I was responding to was that there were blocking problems other than the o-line, when the image shows that the play involved a clear failure by the o-line. Whether Gore failed to pick up the correct block is not as clear.

He was not unblocked. just watch the whole play. Gore screwed up. Can't you see his head snapped around in the first pic I posted. The inside guy was blocked when Gore made his decision. Period.

He was not unblocked. just watch the whole play. Gore screwed up. Can't you see his head snapped around in the first pic I posted. The inside guy was blocked when Gore made his decision. Period.
Happy to look at it if you can post the video...I don't have it recorded. My recollection is--and the screen shots clearly show -- Lotuleilei got past both Davis and Brendel. Davis did nothing more than put a hand on him. Brendel is looking back at Lotuleilei...he made no effort to block him.

Happy to look at it if you can post the video...I don't have it recorded. My recollection is--and the screen shots clearly show -- Lotuleilei got past both Davis and Brendel. Davis did nothing more than put a hand on him. Brendel is looking back at Lotuleilei...he made no effort to block him.

When Gore makes his decision, Davis has his man blocked. We can just disagree on this one.
U1eZSY2EZ9pATKq9PYuLGfHGpWnBHc

Crazy that pouncey is having a pro bowl year with no health issues. Makes me wonder about this coaching staff and how they mismanage players

Still holds true. The easy thing to do is blame Coach and QB and they share blame respectively but this was bad.

We should have run 3 TE, extra lineman

Back
Top Bottom