Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed

I went back and watched the first two offensive drives. The second drive that almost ended in a safety was a poor job by Smythe on first down, an assignment mistake by O’Leary on second, and Davis being overpowered on third and sixteen. My point is the TEs need to get better for the team to improve. It is not just the OL.

It's as simple as that. Holding penalties to blown assignments it prevents us from running anything. It's embarrasing how bad our interior line is.

It's been an issue for like the last 10 years. Almost Gave up a safety today, although tannehill held the ball too long in my opinion. Gotta get rid of it quick in that situation.

Miami absolutely has to fix the offensive line. The fans can see it. There's no way the front office can't recognize this problem.

The O line (including the TE) has caused both our passing game and running game to be hollow.

I cannot imagine what our running game could be with a real line.

And at the risk of opening yet another can of worms, I believe Tannehill would see his play improve dramatically.

Coming up on year 8 for this QB. He has not performed on contract. We are in a Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford nightmare at this point. The FO is torturing the fanbase with a failed quarterback, who has not once performed on contract.

See original post, then learn how football is played. Why are these trolls allowed to exist here?

Miami cannot go drafting a bunch of OL like it is the only priority of this team.

First thing is first, you have to figure out what to do at QB . . . .but you cannot bring back Ryan Tannehill next year on a $27 million dollar cap hit. You better negotiate a direct paycut, trade him or cut him.

In combination with that you need to figure out if this is the draft you take your QB and if there is a guy you have a serious conviction about you need to be prepared to do what it takes, within reason, to add him to your roster.

You also would be crazy to ignore what is looking to be the most talented defensive draft in a long time. This defense is bottom of the barrell.

Truth is, you have to develop your OL . . . .you can’t sign no big time FA with a massive Tunsil deal looming, not to mention you have to figure out what u are doing at RT.

Too many other areas need addressing to use any serious cap assets on the OL. I know some don’t wanna hear that but teams develop OL all the damn time with lesser capital . . . .Miami needs to do the same.

Resign Brendal and Swanson . . . . Bring back Sitton and Kilgore and figure out RT as my guess is Juwan may not be back.

Here's what you do at QB, keep him up right in the pocket. No quarterback would have done any thing today with how that line played yet we got 3 TDs out of ours. Go back under your troll bridge.

Have you considered that it might not be the players? We have had offensive line problems for YEARS. We've changed the players multiple times. Could it be the coaching and/or development?

Here's what you do at QB, keep him up right in the pocket. No quarterback would have done any thing today with how that line played yet we got 3 TDs out of ours. Go back under your troll bridge.

Yea my troll bridge . . .try being here for 12 years and 24,000 posts before calling someone a troll. Either reply with something decent or step off.

And Please stop it dude. As long as Ryan has that rock at LT protecting his blindside he is in a decent position with his offensive line. This ultimatimum crap about “noone else could do it” is the new Tanny defense tactic . . . .get outta here dude. Yes Larsen is crap and Davis had a terrible game . . . .but that doesn’t mean I have to continuing force feeding offensive line picks as an attempt to comfort Ryan Tannehill and it damn sure doesn’t mean I have to be satisifed with a 27 million dollar cap hit in 2019.

This was the home Jets game . . . except we were able to convert TDs instead of FGs from the opponents mistakes/our defensive turnovers . . . and Ryan Tannehill deserves a lot of credit for that.

But make no mistake, that was **** offense outside of the first drive and QB will continue to be the number 1 decision to be made from a player personnel standpoint this offseason.

It's as simple as that. Holding penalties to blown assignments it prevents us from running anything. It's embarrasing how bad our interior line is.

I could not agree more. I don’t care who they get at QB. Until they start taking interior offensive linemen seriously we’ll get the same results. I still can’t get over how much I enjoyed watching the Colts OL and that was without their starting center.

This is on the front office as it can't be that difficult to find offensive linemen that don't whiff or get flagged at such a high rate.

Back
Top Bottom