Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed

Bad play calling
Bad defensive coaching
Poor interior OL
Whats up with the injuries?

Gase needs to stop calling plays.
Burke needs to go
And our interior OL needs fixing. Sitton snd Kilgore out. Swanson and Brendel look good, hope they stay healthy.

Patriots prove you dont need elite OL. You need coaching, and all around team chemistry.

Gase's ego and stubbornness will screw this team. But dont forget all the injuries.

That's your knock on Tannehill? That he is not elite? LOL.

Yes!! How is it possible that point escapes you?
And not elite by some stat standards, but by performance on contract. Brady is great because he is in the playoffs, competing year in and year out. That's the standard. Elite like that, and not based on rating.

The main problem is that we missed out on last three drafts of QBs, Goff , Wentz, Watson, Mahomes. We are living in a nightmare, now and during the Gase years that is called Tannehill.

That speaks not only of Tannehill, but everybody in that building. The problem, it's BIG!

Did the guys we sign have injury history? I thought they were pretty legit but suffered unfortunate freak injuries.
They were in their 30’s, Stilton and. Kilgore right?

This offseason we need to focus on the line; both sides. 2020, get a QB in the draft!

Meanwhile Billy Turner is starting for the Broncos and Mike Pouncey is playing at a Pro Bowl level.

Think many of you guys are overestimating the “lack of talent”. Again that doesn’t mean Larsen doesn’t suck . . .but it is more than a talent issue. Good teams have offensive lines littered with low round picks and UDFAs and they perform at high levels.

I see where you’re going with this and I used to have a simile view but no more. I want absolutele studs at center and guard.

As innacurate as Josh Allen is he is a guy that put the Bills offense on his back and damn near pulled out a victory yesterday. He made big plays when needed. Tannehill doesn’t do that. He needs a strong defense, solid OL, running game and good coaching to have any chance at long term success. He is the definition of mediocrity.

I’d cut him and sign a journeyman QB and roll with him and Falk. 2019 is going to be no better than this season so unload the fat off the roster, make trades to stock up on the 2020 draft then get your long term answer at QB.

I see where you’re going with this and I used to have a simile view but no more. I want absolutele studs at center and guard.

So let Tunsil and James walk and spend high on the interior then?

Because you aren’t paying that kind of money on the offensive line and subsequently take a $27 million dollar cap hit for your QB.

It is not a sustainable model nor a realistic one.

And you certainly don’t force the issue in a draft that is set up to fix a defense almost immediately.

Tho it would be so Dolphins to do so.

LOOK AT THE TEAM'S RECORD WITH GASE AND TANNEHILL.

Look at Tannehill's numbers with a reasonable OL.

Fix what is broken. To change for the sake of change is stupid. Changing the QB because you can't figure out how to fix the OL is beyond stupid. Any coaching staff that does that should be immediately fired.

For whatever reason they all completely ignore this
And are OL just isn't a little bit bad or plain bad like some other teams...it is atrocious

I mean we just did that. Both guys ended on IR while the guy we asked to take a paycut and waived is playing some of the best football of his career on a team that is 9-3 and nearly a lock to make the playoffs.

You aren’t paying any interior OL some sort of major FA deal when you have Tunsil coming up in a year. Current regime needs to play to the strengths of this draft and focus on defense . . . .but always keep their head on a swivel at QB . . . . . ALWAYS.

If you can’t identify garbage like Larsen when you see him upclose all summer and into the season, then there is obviously other big issues.

I mean young guys or even practice squad guys not an aging vet

Kdawg, I think at some point we have to make an upgrade from RT, we can all agree on that. But when I look at the performance on the field I see it a bit differently. Tannehill isn't holding us back....he is just not moving us forward as he is not able to overcome some of our more glaring weaknesses. In my view and order.......

O-line
Offense Play Calling
Defensive coaching and schemes
No pass Rush
Terrible Linebackers
QB playmaking
Non-existing TE Play

Do I think Tannehill is the long term answer at QB...no I do not. But am I going to force a pick in a weak draft just because of that....no I am not. I have no problem keeping RT around another year while we fix some of the other items on that list that need to be addressed. For all of the "suck for luck" crowd, in 2020 when the QB class is said to be much better, you trade up to pick the guy you want. Just because we don't have the worst record in the league doesn't mean we can't structure a deal to move up in the draft.....everyone else seems to be able to do that.....why not us?

We could also go after a FA QB for next year to bring in better competition. Not sure that will be a deep pool to choose from....but it is an option.

I have not suggested forcing anything at QB . . . .but if anybody in this draft makes you say “damn that kid is a stud” . . . .you need to be prepared to make that move.

The number one issue on this team is the QB. And that comes from more than just his play . . . .that comes from reliability . . . .that comes from a demanding cap hit for a guy who we know needs much more than what is around him to have success.

It is absolutely the top priority.

As innacurate as Josh Allen is he is a guy that put the Bills offense on his back and damn near pulled out a victory yesterday. He made big plays when needed. Tannehill doesn’t do that. He needs a strong defense, solid OL, running game and good coaching to have any chance at long term success. He is the definition of mediocrity.

I’d cut him and sign a journeyman QB and roll with him and Falk. 2019 is going to be no better than this season so unload the fat off the roster, make trades to stock up on the 2020 draft then get your long term answer at QB.

And yet it was Tannehill that threw 3 TDs and led the come from behind drive when Miami needed it, to take the lead for good...

Seattle's OL was alway pretty good at run blocking. Seattle and Houston are #1 and #3 this year in rush yards per game. Both have had much better defenses.

Tannehill is a good QB. Period.

Running doesn't make a significant difference, and they're 1st and 2nd in rush attempts. Seattle's OL has been much better in 2018 - after moving on from Cable - but Wilson excelled despite terrible OL play for most of his career. Watson's OL is one of the two or three worst in the NFL. For most of the season, he was the most-pressured QB in the league. To put your QB in advantageous positions, you pass on early downs - when the D doesn't know you're going to pass. Houston runs so much for one of two reasons: Bill O'Brien is a bad OC, or they're trying to preserve Watson for the playoffs. It's probably a combination of the two.

The larger point, though, is that quality run blocking does not translate to quality pass blocking. Denver run blocks very well, and they pass block very poorly. Garrett Bolles is the personification of this principle. He opens up a lot of holes in the running game, but he makes every pass rusher he faces look like an All Pro.

I mean young guys or even practice squad guys not an aging vet

Young guys on an all pro OL that become FAs are getting paid. We saw that with the Cowboys UDFA Roanld Leary . . . .and yet Denver paid him very well and he tore his Achilles. Subsequently they started playing their best football when he went down and Billy Turner was inserted lol. Crazy ****.

But I get what you are saying. It isn’t that hard to find competence on the interior tho. If the only way you can achieve it is by dumping top 20 picks on the line . . . U have much bigger issues than player personnel.

Guys like Brendal, Swanson and even Davis give me hope that we aren’t completely misguided in this area but the decision to keep Larsen borders on insanity.

Young guys on an all pro OL that become FAs are getting paid. We saw that with the Cowboys UDFA Roanld Leary . . . .and yet Denver paid him very well and he tore his Achilles. Subsequently they started playing their best football when he went down and Billy Turner was inserted lol. Crazy ****.

But I get what you are saying. It isn’t that hard to find competence on the interior tho. If the only way you can achieve it is by dumping top 20 picks on the line . . . U have much bigger issues than player personnel.

Guys like Brendal, Swanson and even Davis give me hope that we aren’t completely misguided in this area but the decision to keep Larsen borders on insanity.

Asiata should definitely be put in over Larsen just to see
Can't get worse

And yet it was Tannehill that threw 3 TDs and led the come from behind drive when Miami needed it, to take the lead for good...
With a huge assist to Jordan Phillips. Taking the ball out of his hands on 3rd and 1 to run a wildcat with s 3rd string rookie clearly indicates Gase has lost confidence in him.

Back
Top Bottom