Evidence Flo and his staff have potential | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Evidence Flo and his staff have potential

Kyndig

Seasoned Veteran
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
1 week before the regular season the front office traded away one of our best players, and starting Left tackle on what was already a shaky Oline, and arguably our best receiver. Then they proceeded to churn around 1/3 of the roster on both sides of the ball, shedding a number of players that were pencilled in to get significant playing time and or provide depth to on both sides of the ball and proceeded to replace them with a bunch of cast offs from other teams that had not been in training camp or taught the offensive and defensive schemes. Then we started the very same QB who as a rookie won the first overall pick to the Cardinals and delivered to them Kyler Murray.

Those are very difficult odds to overcome, and the results in the first few games were extremely predictable. However, the past 3 games, the team has demonstrated significant improvement. The team has the fewest penalties in The NFL, or at least we did coming into this game, so that discipline is nice to see. Players like Geiseiki, Williams, Parker, Jenkins, Mark Walton, Taco Charlton, & Vince Biegle have been developing and look like are keepers. The defense has been getting it done with scheme to make up for their lack of pass rush, and fairly solid fundamentals, and the O-line whilst still a weak point on the team has improved significantly from the train wreck that it was in the beginning of the season. The offense has a high conversion rate in the red zone, and the team has improved week after week.

This has been some fine coaching by Flo and his staff overall. There have been some questionable calls, the 8 man blitz last week, going for 2 at the End vs Buffalo and such. But, big picture wise, considering the position/hole CoachFlo started in, the team has not quit on him, plays hard and has improved week after week. That is a good sign.

I still expect us to lose all but a max of 2 more games, but considering the ownership and front office made the conscious decision to tank this year by stripping the roster of talent to stockpile assets for the future, this coaching staff has been showing some reasons for some optimism at least about them In the future with more to work with on the roster.

Last edited:
The fewest penalties in the NFL speaks volumes. Only good coaching reduces penalties. Done and done.
Good coaching of players/discipline reduces penalties. There is such a thing as game time coaching and Flores was this >< close to me treating him like Jets fans are treating Gase.

He's improved to below average from bad.

Good coaching of players/discipline reduces penalties. There is such a thing as game time coaching and Flores was this >< close to me treating him like Jets fans are treating Gase.

Improved from below average to bad. Blah blah blah. I understand you need to hate. No prob. You being pissy....I sleep sound.

Yeah, I agree. What was it 14 out of 53 on the roster didn't see time with the team during training camp. That is an astonishing number and, I have to believe, a big reason the team started so poorly. That and starting out with so many playoff teams from the prior year.

At the very least the team has been competitive since the Buffalo contest. Moving forward it does bode well for the coaching staff considering the Dolphins are clearly undermanned each and every week in terms of talent.

Agree with you on player development. That is nice to see. When the Dolphins first drafted Geisicki I thought he was a future star. He's not to that point, but he clearly belongs and is more than contributing. Taco Charlton looks like a great pickup as well as the player that came in the Alonso trade. I also feel good for DaVante Parker.

main questions they asked Gase in his presser, what can you do about all these penalties..
The more we see from Gase the more I wonder how he ever managed to get Miami to 10-6 his first season. Think about this. The Jets spent all kinds of money in free agency, while the Dolphins did the opposite trading away many of their players with value (Tunsil, Fitzpatrick, Alonso, Stills, Drake etc.). And yet the Jets offense might be the only one in the NFL worse than Miami's. New York might end up with the #1 overall pick as well. Something else to wonder about.

Improved from below average to bad. Blah blah blah. I understand you need to hate. No prob. You being pissy....I sleep sound.
Hate...ae won our first game today against a team more dysfunctional than your thought process. Let's not give Flores coach of the year just yet. There is still the matter of the previous 6 games where the o-line was practically musical chairs...playing people in positions where they weren't strongest (Davis at LT, Davenport at RT). He had film, training camp, and preseason to iron those kinks out and not use the.regular season as an extended preseason.

That is bad coaching, of which he has improved.

Hate...ae won our first game today against a team more dysfunctional than your thought process. Let's not give Flores coach of the year just yet. There is still the matter of the previous 6 games where the o-line was practically musical chairs...playing people in positions where they weren't strongest (Davis at LT, Davenport at RT). He had film, training camp, and preseason to iron those kinks out and not use the.regular season as an extended preseason.

Haha. "Hold off on coach of the year".I love your ad absurdum. posters that argue like you live and die by them. Im just going to ignore that one cause absolutely no one is going there.
This team is still under going dismantlement. And your argument is Flo sucks because he is using/ evaluating players possibly out of position during a rebuild year. Im trying to slow walk you to your absurdity...you there yet?[/QUOTE]

I get it. It’s a results business, and he’s lost 7 games and won 1. But, considering the circumstances, to have the team developing, improving, and playing hard this deep into the season when everyone on the outside pencils you in for a win and knows your organization made a decision to sacrifice the present for the future, shows promise. Under different circumstances next year with more talent, more weapons in your arsenal so to speak, and a core of young players who have bought in and been through this could be a different deal, that’s all I’m saying...

Umm, half the Oline wasn’t in training camp, and the half that was are either rookies, injured, or playing out of position because we can’t field two decent NFL level starting tackles. This is what I am saying. Who the F do you think should be manning those tackle positions that is on the roster?

Last edited:
Umm, half the Oline wasn’t in training camp, and the half that was are either rookies, injured, or playing out of position because we can’t field to decent NFL level starting tackles. This is what I am saying. Who the F do you think should be manning those tackle positions that is on the roster?
You got some nerve trying to reason with people!

No that's good coaching. You have a ton of below average players so Flores made moves to see what combo worked. Everyone was all up in arms about the OL in preseason and the first couple games but you know what? They have been OK. Certainly not historically bad like back then.

This team is also great in penalties. Another coaching thing.

Williams isn't dropping balls like he was. Parker looks like an NFL WR. Gesicki is making phenomenal grabs when Gase wanted him blocking. And hell, we've had successful ST trick plays that worked. Also, with the crappy new onsides rule, we almost had 2 recoveries.

Don't tell me coaching isn't a big part of this!

Back
Top Bottom