Evidence Flo and his staff have potential | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Evidence Flo and his staff have potential

such a succinct point of view that incapsulates the whole process perfectly..here me out J..

The obvious strategy was just that, very obvious from the very beginning..The handshake deal was this imo.

Front office and staff two different entities..each one minds their own business...that’s key to a proper rebuild of this magnitude..the goal is to rebuild the entire team with Brian Flores type guys.

So, the Front office depletes roster to collect as many assets as possible, even ones that have a higher return for which was paid out..depletes roster to start over and clean cap.

The Staff agrees to coach the players that the front office provides without concern..Win with what you have is their personal mantra and challenge...

I bet Grier, Ross and the rest of the front office staff is shaking their heads In disbelief, in disbelief that this staff has that roster not only competing against NFL teams, but getting a win...

That’s why their happy, because they know they put that coach and staff in the worst situation possible, and they came out fighting and winning regardless.

All that being said, I, we, still want that #1, the front office will continue to make it very hard on them,but don’t sweat about it, the coaching staff welcomes it, it’s training them in a sense to coach the absolute worst situation possible, so when they do get a talented roster watch the bleep out.

You know when you hear about a staff saying they wanna make practice so difficult so when it’s game day their players are prepared and the game is easy..??

That’s what our front office is doing to our coaching staff.

That’s the perspective no one wants to understand..forgot to understand.
It's refreshing to see that some people around here do get it.

Knowing what we know of Brian Flores, why is it hard to understand that he would say this to Grier at the beginning of Grier’s plan.

“ listen Chris, I respect what you wanna do, and to rebuild this thing we need assets and to clear this cap mess, but don’t expect me or my staff to do anything but, what we have been doing all our careers, Myself, and my staff will coach the men you provide to us hard, and to win, period..

Grier... “I respect that Brian, and respect you, and I wouldn't of expected anything less.”

Strong handshake ensues

With the way the players have taken to Flores and the improvement across the board, since the bye week; the analogy that best describes Flores, IMHO is. If he's doing this with virtually 2nd and 3rd string players, Imagine what he could do with a roster filled with starting caliber or 1st string players?

That actually makes some sense. It is obvious the coaches and players are trying to win. Also obvious that the front office is in total rebuild mode. I don't understand how some on this board trash others about tanking vs. winning. What we want has absolutely no effect on the outcomes of games. The season has to play out before we can count on drafting Tua, expecting a top pick with Pitt's #1, etc...

The low number of penalties generated by a roster that is not super talented is a telling sign. Penalties usually increase when you are on the wrong side of the talent gap. It is a very impressive job of coaching.

I believe that the majority of players continue to improve on a week by week basis. Clearly, there will be outliers, but that does not change the positive player development trend.

The coaching staff seems to be improving on the execution of the game plan and preparation of the players. This is the hardest aspect for me to judge because it is incremental improvement instead of “Wow, they out coached the competition“.

There are definitely signs we have a good coaching staff, but I need to see more.

That looks nice though those four teams average 16.8 points per game... Jets and Skins score 12 points per game...

I do like the fact that the Fins are the least penalized team tough.

A good coach would get the spoiled brat to buy into his system. I do it all the time with my players.

Do you coach in the NFL or anywhere of any consequence? Or are you just pretending that you know WTF you are talking about?

It dont matter. In the end as fan we all want dolphins to win. Flores need to win at leased one or two game this yr. Dont want be in same boat as Hue Jackson..

You look at this roster and there are just a handful of players who would be starters on other teams. For the sake of discussion, maybe five on defense (Wilkins, Howard, Jones, Godchaux, Baker) and maybe two or three on offense (Parker, Wilson when healthy, Kilgore when healthy). Of those, only Howard is a star. Perhaps Wilkins becomes close to that and a few others could still develop/emerge.

So, yes I agree with the OP that this is a positive for the coaching staff. Since the Washington game the Dolphins have been competitive.

These players are not starters on most clubs so they have to bust there asses to stay in the league and hopefully keep getting a paycheck. I hate by boss and think he's an idiot, but I still bust my ***, keep my mouth shut and earn a killer living.
That's how you do it. I'm in Fine Dining as a restaurant professional and have the privilege of making incredible $$$ each week.
Without question I eat **** everyday dealing with my boss over some bull. But day in and day out I show up on time and keep my mouth shut. Keep those lights on. Keep making that cheddar. Work life in a nutshell.

Last edited:
With the way the players have taken to Flores and the improvement across the board, since the bye week; the analogy that best describes Flores, IMHO is. If he's doing this with virtually 2nd and 3rd string players, Imagine what he could do with a roster filled with starting caliber or 1st string players?
Most of these guy will.be back next yr. Dolphins will.be better team next yr. We probably win 2 to 3 games this year. Cin,jets and redskins maybe worst than us. They all need qb as well.

I get a kick out of watching Omar Kelly throw clickbait on Twitter about how terrible the coaching has been. Anyone else getting the feeling he is completely terrified of the new "medium" for fans to track their team? Podcasts, guys like Wingfield, 3yards, etc... It is SOOO refreshing to have those outlets to listen to, opposed to completely uneducated sh**-stirrers like Omar. I have a feeling his, and many others in local media, careers will soon be at an end, at least as it relates to why any media outlet would pay him to follow the Dolphins. There is a night and day difference between the intelligence and coverage he provides versus the guys I mentioned. That has been the best thing that has happened for me as a fan in the past 10 years, honestly.

I get a kick out of watching Omar Kelly throw clickbait on Twitter about how terrible the coaching has been. Anyone else getting the feeling he is completely terrified of the new "medium" for fans to track their team? Podcasts, guys like Wingfield, 3yards, etc... It is SOOO refreshing to have those outlets to listen to, opposed to completely uneducated sh**-stirrers like Omar. I have a feeling his, and many others in local media, careers will soon be at an end, at least as it relates to why any media outlet would pay him to follow the Dolphins. There is a night and day difference between the intelligence and coverage he provides versus the guys I mentioned. That has been the best thing that has happened for me as a fan in the past 10 years, honestly.
is omar lying no. I agree w him on some of things he said..our coaches have lot work to do.

I just listened to the Inside the NFL crew discuss building a culture (winning culture). Here are some paraphrased comments.
  • The head coach, coordinator, and position coaches are on the same page delivering a consistent message to the players.
  • The players are unified without dissenting groups
  • There is a player that becomes a rallying point or focus.
Our coaching staff has the unified message down. Just listen to the press conferences and comments. The only divisive voice left on the team is Jones. Drake, Stills, Minkah, and others have moved on to other team. The vast majority of the players are pulling in the same direction. Coach Flo has done a good job restarting the culture. The question is can it continue when more talent is added next year.

Back
Top Bottom