Ex-Dolphins star explains why Don Shula wasn't a big fan of Patriots coach Bill Belichick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ex-Dolphins star explains why Don Shula wasn't a big fan of Patriots coach Bill Belichick

We know what is on the record....multiple penalties for actions by Bill Belichek as the captain of the ship...on the Patriot organization,

No...I don’t hold underlings responsible unless they personally did these things.

Conversely...we have overwhelming testimony from insiders as to Shula’s integrity...and that his teams were the least penalized in the NFL.

Been trying to get that through his thick skull. Still love ya though @dlockz :lol:

I'm not the type to say things that aren't true just because someone isn't with us anymore. I always thought the "Cheatriots" thing was very petty of him. Belichick didn't have a 19 year dynasty because of cheating.

Don Shula went to bed at night dreaming he could be as great of a coach as Belichick is.

Spygate X2....Deflategate...malfunctioning headsets at Gillette.....there is a long track record of cheating and penalties levied by the NFL for the actions.

Spygate X2....Deflategate...malfunctioning headsets at Gillette.....there is a long track record of cheating and penalties levied by the NFL for the actions.

If you want to believe that they cheated their way to a 19 year reign, then have at it. I don't see it though.

If you want to believe that they cheated their way to a 19 year reign, then have at it. I don't see it though.

I’m not saying they weren’t good...I’m saying they cheated to gain competitive advantage and that is born out by serious penalties they were assessed for those actions.

I actually think the deflategate scandal was not as penalized as it should have been...And was largely swept under the rug.

If you go back and look at the years in question...the Patriots had a remarkable reduction in fumbles versus the rest of the league...and it’s reasonable to assume that the deflating of footballs by the Patriots led to this.

Obviously...winning the turnover battle is the key to winning in the NFL.

Everybody focused on Brady wanting deflated balls....and not enough attention was paid to their extraordinary low fumble rate during that period.

So yes...I believe turning the ball over less effected history of that era.

I'm not the type to say things that aren't true just because someone isn't with us anymore. I always thought the "Cheatriots" thing was very petty of him. Belichick didn't have a 19 year dynasty because of cheating.

Don Shula went to bed at night dreaming he could be as great of a coach as Belichick is.
And you know this how...?

It's what YOU DO, when you're in a position to DO IT, that defines "character."

No one was forcing the Cheats to cheat. To spy. To mess with the clock at home.

To under-inflate their footballs. To cut com from opposing teams. To basically

subvert the rules to gain advantages -- that add up to changing outcomes.

It's a fact Belicheat is a proven low-character guy. Based on what's he's

demonstrated when he's in a position to "DO IT!"

Now you can argue he's still a really good coach. But his character is

severly compromised. IMO. And that's a fact!

:lol:

Belicheat & the Cheaters have been found guilty of cheating throughout their run. From beginning to end.

Just can't respect that.

IMO, it's all about the competition. If you're not willing to compete on a level playing field, whats the point?

I’m not saying they weren’t good...I’m saying they cheated to gain competitive advantage and that is born out by serious penalties they were assessed for those actions.

I actually think the deflategate scandal was not as penalized as it should have been...And was largely swept under the rug.

If you go back and look at the years in question...the Patriots had a remarkable reduction in fumbles versus the rest of the league...and it’s reasonable to assume that the deflating of footballs by the Patriots led to this.

Obviously...winning the turnover battle is the key to winning in the NFL.

Everybody focused on Brady wanting deflated balls....and not enough attention was paid to their extraordinary low fumble rate during that period.

So yes...I believe turning the ball over less effected history of that era.
Agreed 1000% BlueFin!

Much easier to hold & catch an underinflated ball.

I saw a stat from like a 5-7 year span a while back where it was thought this began right up to getting caught with those underinflated balls & their fumbles lost was DRASTICALLY different than in previous years. DRASTICALLY! Coincidence? Yeah right.

If the Cheatriots didn't think these illegalities made a difference, why would they be doing them? CAUSE IT MATTERS!

Long live The DON & Integrity in the game!

Like 347 games?
Last Superbowl win was 1973...I'd give back 100 of those wins to see my team hoist a few more trophies..

I don't get caught up in stats and wins, especially when he had an all time great qb and failed to build around him for nearly 15 years.

Back
Top Bottom