Ex players | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ex players

Kind of amazing how everyone outside of coaches tend to leave here and do better elsewhere...

Also remember Spielman has been in Minnesota for more than a decade after flaming out in Miami as GM.

yeah, anyone who watched that game knows Thill was not at fault. TN [D could not stop (insert ANY other team's offense here) when it mattered.] I have three TVs set up and been watching a lot of TN, Thill is killing it, just didn’t work out yesterday. People are acting like they lost to the Skins, Houston is a tough team

And let me add, I’m not a a Thill apologist.

sounds familiar... :rolleyes:

Kind of amazing how everyone outside of coaches tend to leave here and do better elsewhere...

Also remember Spielman has been in Minnesota for more than a decade after flaming out in Miami as GM.

To be fair, Ireland was always known as a great scout. Even here as GM he could find solid players in the mid to late rounds as well as FA. The issue was Ireland struggled identifying impact players at skills positions. That's how you end up banking on guys like Daniel Thomas, Clyde Gates, and Michael Egnew to help your offense grow. Ireland also tended to not be liked by players for how he handled speaking to them. So has a right hand man he's great. As the man? Not so much.

As for the topic? Different situations for different players, and honestly it's the same for a lot of teams. In different systems you'll be asked to do different things. Is it fair in some instances to blame coaches? Absolutely.

To be fair, Ireland was always known as a great scout. Even here as GM he could find solid players in the mid to late rounds as well as FA. The issue was Ireland struggled identifying impact players at skills positions. That's how you end up banking on guys like Daniel Thomas, Clyde Gates, and Michael Egnew to help your offense grow. Ireland also tended to not be liked by players for how he handled speaking to them. So has a right hand man he's great. As the man? Not so much.

As for the topic? Different situations for different players, and honestly it's the same for a lot of teams. In different systems you'll be asked to do different things. Is it fair in some instances to blame coaches? Absolutely.
I don’t buy that he’s doing crap over there. He’s not the GM. He has a lot of help. **** him he sucks as a football executive.

Back
Top Bottom