Examining each of the Miami Dolphins’ receivers and their futures | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Examining each of the Miami Dolphins’ receivers and their futures

How many WRs do you think we can realistically carry?
Like Dolph N.Fan said, about 6. As much as I would like to upgrade the entire unit, I don't think we can replace them all. I only included Grant because of his return ability. He's a hard worker and I hope he continues to improve with his catching ability, but I am beginning to lose faith that he will be able to do that.

Oops, I see where the problem is. In my original post, I should have said Smith, or Chase, or Waddle, and/or Pitts. Sorry about that.

Like Dolph N.Fan said, about 6. As much as I would like to upgrade the entire unit, I don't think we can replace them all. I only included Grant because of his return ability. He's a hard worker and I hope he continues to improve with his catching ability, but I am beginning to lose faith that he will be able to do that.

Oops, I see where the problem is. In my original post, I should have said Smith, or Chase, or Waddle, and/or Pitts. Sorry about that.
Death, taxes, grant ending the season on IR.

I expect us to at least double up on WR in the draft. I generally hate to bring in FA WRs. It is historically one of the worst bets, even worse than FA RBs. But I can see not wanting to have just rookie WRs playing.

The YAC numbers highlight what our eyes tell us. Miami needs a big play, number one receiver.

Bowden showed promise, but the Dolphins could also use an upgrade in the slot.

Keepers = Bowden, Preston and DVP with maybe Hollins looking in from the outside.

Always been a fan of the kid but I'm ready to move on from Grant. The rest of the pack

including Wilson is expendable. Certainly leaves with us 1 glaring WR need and probably 2.

Based on that -- you could project 3 drafted. Pretty sure 2 is the absolute minimum.

My eye says -- Pitts and Waddle would look fine in that mix. If not Pitts then Chase and Waddle.

Keepers = Bowden, Preston and DVP with maybe Hollins looking in from the outside.

Always been a fan of the kid but I'm ready to move on from Grant. The rest of the pack

including Wilson is expendable. Certainly leaves with us 1 glaring WR need and probably 2.

Based on that -- you could project 3 drafted. Pretty sure 2 is the absolute minimum.

My eye says -- Pitts and Waddle would look fine in that mix. If not Pitts then Chase and Waddle.

Don't disagree, but, IMO, Wilson and Grant (as much as I dislike him) will stay, at least until better replacements are found. For reasons I don't understand, Flo seems to like Grant

I just love seeing people loving Williams.All I see is a IR spot.
I fully expect to see at a minimum of 4 brand new WR.

The entire WR room is extendible - the experiments with what we have is over - yes keep PW and DVP but all others expendible or practice squad

I would trade Parker and Grant, and keep Preston and Wilson. Keep Hollins as the Gunner, double down in the draft with like Chase/Bateman, and get Nelson Agohlar or TY in FA.

Chase, Williams, Wilson, Agohlar/TY, Bateman, Hollins.

Back
Top Bottom