Examining each of the Miami Dolphins’ receivers and their futures | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Examining each of the Miami Dolphins’ receivers and their futures

Why are so many sleeping on Bowden and not considering him a part of the group at least next year? He was a rookie and showed some flashes throughout the season. It seemed like he always made the first guy miss when the ball was in his hands. Just wondering if I am missing something here.

If I am making a list of those I keep
1. Parker
2. Bowden
3. Williams

Dump the rest

Completely agree! Those are the only ones that should be leftover next year. Gives us 3 new players to hopefully add some explosiveness, separation ability, and better insurance to the group.
I have Bowden on my list too, but I keep asking myself if you ignore all other factors and just focus on who would be the most valuable asset in 2021 and 2022 for Miami, would you keep Bowden over a healthy Albert Wilson? Again I realize Bowden is younger and Wilson cost more $$$$. But which player would help Tua the most out of the slot right now?

I have Bowden on my list too, but I keep asking myself if you ignore all other factors and just focus on who would be the most valuable asset in 2021 and 2022 for Miami, would you keep Bowden over a healthy Albert Wilson? Again I realize Bowden is younger and Wilson cost more $$$$. But which player would help Tua the most out of the slot right now?
It is worth considering, when thinking in terms of the entire unit. Wilson is obviously more versatile at this point. Speed wise, there is no comparison.

On the other hand, MG often works out of the slot area, so that is also a factor.

Flores just cut Van Noy... I don't think Grant is gonna make it. I would think that the F.O. had more personal investment in Van Noy. Grant CLEARLY is not any help in the passing game and I don't think we'll keep him JUST for returns. That gig will go to our new slot receiver... or Bowden if he sticks.
I can't think of the exact words Tua used, but the gist was he gave Grant props for being a great decoy. However, I am not sure just how seriously defenses fell for the ruse, though. It would be nice to add some guys who are both fast and can catch, LOL.

Grant will be let go. I think Parker stays. Wilson May stay or get traded. He is low cost with talent. I think perry stays and becomes new returner. After that anybody else is gone pending draft and free agents.

That’s a good question, and to me the potential of Bowden outweighs what Wilson gives us now. However, we shouldn’t be in rebuild mode anymore, and who helps the most now instead of down the road potential has to be considered. I just wouldn’t be ready to give up on Bowden yet for a year of Wilson whose contract is up at the end of the year and is almost 30.

I am intrigued by Bowden and am curious about how we will use him. I am very interested to learn about what offensive scheme we will run.

Grant will be let go. I think Parker stays. Wilson May stay or get traded. He is low cost with talent. I think perry stays and becomes new returner. After that anybody else is gone pending draft and free agents.

A number of us have said wilson is a lock UNTIL an equivalent WR is found. The bottom 2 will have to have at least average ST skills

Back
Top Bottom