Examining The Dolphins’ Defensive Options At No. 13 In The Nfl Draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Examining The Dolphins’ Defensive Options At No. 13 In The Nfl Draft

My understanding is at miss st model citizen. I doubt any team has him off their board for off field stuff.

I hope so, especially if we take him.

But that video is a PR nightmare that is gonna resurface when he is picked.

I still think they go one of the D players, but you really have to see who is left as the Board unfolds and what OL are still there.. ie a Taylor and a Williams for instance, especially in light of some of these situations were talking about. Ted S makes a good point though, if you really feel like one of these guys are superior, you make the pick and hope you are rewarded down the road a little.

Im thinking it might be a Wilkins or Ferrell at this point. A little high for both probably , would be more idea in a trade down scenario.

Last edited:
It looks like the pick will be Wilkins. If they are sold on him then fine.
The only issue is for some reason Clemson players do not seem to become stars in the NFL like the Alabama and Ohio State guys.

My biggest issue with Simmons isnt his play or his injury, but his off field issues.

That word should be singular.

He's had one issue. He got into a heated dispute involving his mother, his kid sister, and another woman who supposedly had gotten physical with that kid sister and ended up being simultaneously charged by police for her role in the altercation.

It was bad, the video is inexcusable, but he was also put through the criminal justice system because of it, paid for his crime (literally and figuratively), and he's been a model character and model citizen at Mississippi State. He went through anger management and counseling, he has a 4.0 GPA, and by all accounts has been A+ in that department.

This is decidedly different from, for example, Joe Mixon who ended up having another questionable incident or two, or Tyreek Hill and the consistent issues he faced even before these latest accusations of child abuse.

Word is that Sweat was a slow learner of his college defense. Not a good fit for our multiple scheme. Great athlete though.

That word should be singular.

He's had one issue. He got into a heated dispute involving his mother, his kid sister, and another woman who supposedly had gotten physical with that kid sister and ended up being simultaneously charged by police for her role in the altercation.

It was bad, the video is inexcusable, but he was also put through the criminal justice system because of it, paid for his crime (literally and figuratively), and he's been a model character and model citizen at Mississippi State. He went through anger management and counseling, he has a 4.0 GPA, and by all accounts has been A+ in that department.

This is decidedly different from, for example, Joe Mixon who ended up having another questionable incident or two, or Tyreek Hill and the consistent issues he faced even before these latest accusations of child abuse.
Possible scenario:
Wilkins - Simmons - Jones on the board at #13... NYG call and offer #17 and #95. Do you trade down?
Greedy / Taylor/ Jonah long gone.

Back
Top Bottom