Excellent Analysis of Miami's Offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Excellent Analysis of Miami's Offense

Yep. Just like it looked to most observers. Take what that D gives you. Protect the ball = Score a lot of points = win a lot of games. I love the big plays but we need more balance w them. We need to wear defenses out in the 4th quarter.

How about our defense stop somebody on 3rd downs?

McDaniel's adjustments will determine the season IMO. If the run game and short yardage plays are implemented successfully within the big play, explosive offense, the Dolphins figure to go far.

Fangio is a huge upgrade. He'll have the defense playing at a high level.

I was at the game against the 49ers. Even a football-blind person like me could see the 'Niner backers dropping. If we made adjustments to that I didn't see them. Very disappointing.
Their 4 man line handled our oline and running game. The LBs were able to drop back because our run game was no threat.

Their 4 man line handled our oline and running game. The LBs were able to drop back because our run game was no threat.
I swear, many of you guys watched a different game. The reason Miami lost the SF game was because Tua had his most uncharacteristic game he had all season. He was inaccurate all game long and it had nothing to do with what San Francisco’s defense was doing. Miami had receivers running wide open all game long, and especially early in the game, Tua had ample time to throw but was just missing his targets. Even that douche Chris Simms said after the game that he had never seen San Francisco’s defense so overmatched.

Both Dolphins and Minnesota are worth listening to, our new vs are old defenses.

Considering how many defensive backs we lost last year to injury and a lack of a great pass rush we were easy picking on 3rd down. 80% of the off-season resources went to fix this along with a scheme change means the offense shouldn't have to carry the load.

I was at the game against the 49ers. Even a football-blind person like me could see the 'Niner backers dropping. If we made adjustments to that I didn't see them. Very disappointing.
Exactly
but most here was so enamored with the long ball with Hill they made excuses for McDs failures as far as adjusting to what the defense gave them. Someone here once defended him saying and I’m paraphrasing here but it went something like this “how the hell can you complain when McD gave us a top 5 offense”
Earth to apologists, a good OC does adjust and come up with different plans

With that said, everyone knows I’m not a fan of his as an OC because of those failures and not changing with what the defense gives you and his lack of getting plays in on time. But, I’m willing to let last year go and see if he improves this year. I’m rooting for McD to get over the hump. If it’s the same ole story this coming season, then we need to have a conversation

Exactly
but most here was so enamored with the long ball with Hill they made excuses for McDs failures as far as adjusting to what the defense gave them. Someone here once defended him saying and I’m paraphrasing here but it went something like this “how the hell can you complain when McD gave us a top 5 offense”
Earth to apologists, a good OC does adjust and come up with different plans

With that said, everyone knows I’m not a fan of his as an OC because of those failures and not changing with what the defense gives you and his lack of getting plays in on time. But, I’m willing to let last year go and see if he improves this year. I’m rooting for McD to get over the hump. If it’s the same ole story this coming season, then we need to have a conversation
It was year one.

Frank Smith is actually the OC.

You have been having this conversation, mostly with yourself, for about 9 months now.

Never credit for the many good things that were accomplished in a short time, only bitching

I swear, many of you guys watched a different game. The reason Miami lost the SF game was because Tua had his most uncharacteristic game he had all season. He was inaccurate all game long and it had nothing to do with what San Francisco’s defense was doing. Miami had receivers running wide open all game long, and especially early in the game, Tua had ample time to throw but was just missing his targets. Even that douche Chris Simms said after the game that he had never seen San Francisco’s defense so overmatched.
I agree Tua was missing throws

He also should of cut them with his legs, a few checkdowns, and perhaps a semblance of a screen game

Back
Top Bottom