Excitement Builds For 2019 Miami Dolphins Despite Expectations | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Excitement Builds For 2019 Miami Dolphins Despite Expectations

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
miami-dolphins-vs-tennessee-titan-opener-19.jpg

The Miami Dolphins are rounding the off-season corner and heading towards July with a new vision and hopes for the future.

When the Miami Dolphins take the field for training camp in 2019 and then as they start the season, expectations will not be very high but that has not diminished the hopes and excitement of a new chapter in Dolphins history.

Tempered enthusiasm is how many Dolphins fans feel. We have been there and we have been burned. Our excitement for change has led to the same old Dolphins year after year. This year may not be any different. In fact, it isn’t supposed to be any different. It’s supposed to be bad. Not “we are giving up” bad but still not very good.

https://phinphanatic.com/2019/06/28/excitement-builds-2019-miami-dolphins-despite-expectations/

It will be interesting to see how this season plays out. For the first time in a long time I don't expect much from this team. I do know that our Defense will be much better with Burke gone. On the other hand this is the First off season the Dolphins have not been in the News for stupid crap. Players getting DUIs. PEDs Beating up Their girl Friends/Wives or Teammates. This is a good sign. Lets hope it's the beginning of something good for this team.

I'm excited about a number of things going forward. The first thing we got right was the dumping of Gase. Then we finally moved on from the most average QB to ever grace the NFL, Ryan Tannehill, after 7 years. Next Burke was shown the door. Mike Tannenbaum was also blown out. Losing these 4 is huge addition by subtraction. In the NFL it's all about the Coach, the GM and the QB. The trio of Tannenbaum, Gase and Tannehill wasn't any good at all. We were going backwards. If we still were riding with those 3 it would be nearly impossible to watch the team this year. I'd seen more than enough so we all should take a second and just rejoice that the people dragging the Dolphins into the toilet have been canned.

We now have a bonified, for real, hard core football coach. When you look at Flores you see a football man through and through, old school. When you look at Gase you see a guy who looks like Jarad Kushner with wild eyes. Flores brought in a great staff and I can't wait to see the Dolphins be a well coached team again! I also can't wait for the Jets to self destruct, and they will, bet on it.

I’m just excited to see actual coaching and executions. Forget wins and losses. I just wanna see a team that isn’t dumb on the field.

It is hard to watch our team when they look clueless on the field... stats and expectations for individuals aside... the team needs to, at least, look like they have played organized football before... too often they have looked lost in these eyes

I'm excited to see what Flores can do. I wouldn't have a lot of optimism if Gase was still here.

Since most fans see the roster talent as worse or 'no better' than last year, this year will be mostly on Flores. I want to see individual players play better than '18. I want to see actual gameplans and play-calling. Identifying and exploiting mismatches. Those will get me excited. You know, coach-type stuff.

It is hard to watch our team when they look clueless on the field... stats and expectations for individuals aside... the team needs to, at least, look like they have played organized football before... too often they have looked lost in these eyes
Exactly. Too much of not even looking like a professional football team the majority of the time. Dumb penalties. Mismanagement during crunch time. Refusing to adjust. If the game plan is failing for the first half of the game don’t come out in the 3rd continuing to try it like things will change suddenly.

Exactly. Too much of not even looking like a professional football team the majority of the time. Dumb penalties. Mismanagement during crunch time. Refusing to adjust. If the game plan is failing for the first half of the game don’t come out in the 3rd continuing to try it like things will change suddenly.

Agree, but don't neglect the coach's ability to inspire players. Almost everyone here remembers the move from Queasy to Campbell. No, Campbell didn't end up being an effective HC, but he illustrates the difference inspired players can make.

Coaching is everything if you don't have a good one and that's been the case in Miami for a long time. Last season was really a low for the Dolphins. I couldn't understand why the team was never ready in the first quarter. I couldn't understand always playing from behind, almost as if that was the plan. I don't understand going into every game trying to keep it close and get into the 4th quarter. I'll never understand what Burke was trying to do on defense. I'll never understand why Gase never could coach us to a victory on a big game. He lost every time the NFL gave the Dolphins a prime time game. I'll never get why Gase's road record was so God-awful. And finally, I'll never understand how the Jet's could look at Gase's body of work and give him their Head Coach job.

So, now we will see what having a team prepared to play will look like again. I can't wait. I also think we have a pretty good nucleus of young talented players. I'm majorly excited to see some quality QB play in Miami, it's been really lean. I think we're going to see Josh Rosen take a big leap when the pads come on. You know Jim Campbell is working with him big time, and Campbell is a real whisperer!!

The biggest addition to the team was Flores and the winning culture he brings.

I was on the fence on Gase during last season, but after seeing how the season ended and seeing the shitshow go down in NY, I'm so glad he's gone.

This season is all about planting seeds in my mind. We won't win a lot of games, but we'll see who really is a player in this league and who needs to be sent to the woodshed so to speak.

The 2020 season is the one I'm really excited about. Picks and money bro's!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom