Excitement Builds For 2019 Miami Dolphins Despite Expectations | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Excitement Builds For 2019 Miami Dolphins Despite Expectations

It will be exciting for a few games with the new players and coaches.
If they play horribly by week six ..the games will become a chore to watch.

I’m just excited to see actual coaching and executions. Forget wins and losses. I just wanna see a team that isn’t dumb on the field.
Yep. I hope to see the Jets get a case of the bubble screens, 10-15 penalties per game and stubborn play calling while we get some real strategic thought behind our execution of game plans.

Yep. I hope to see the Jets get a case of the bubble screens, 10-15 penalties per game and stubborn play calling while we get some real strategic thought behind our execution of game plans.
With a refusal to run the ball, and then blame the players for losses and make excuses that they’re playing a lot of good teams at the wrong time . Hopefully when the jets are down 35-0 vs New England with Brady driving to make it 42-0, Gase is on the bench by himself not paying attention to the defense getting slaughtered.

It was really odd that Gase was not getting better as a Head Coach and Tannehill wasn't getting better at QB. With experience, they both got worse! Isn't that kind of backwards?

It was really odd that Gase was not getting better as a Head Coach and Tannehill wasn't getting better at QB. With experience, they both got worse! Isn't that kind of backwards?
QB whisperer...

I remember being excited about Gase, Sparano, Culpepper, Harrington, Suh, Henne, Tannehill ...

then again I am a moron
If you didn't get excited each year, you wouldn't be a fan. The benefit of hindsight can be a b*tch at times, don't let that deter you. :up::up:

If you learn how to do something incorrectly the first time and continually do that incorrectly over the years, in the end, it's still incorrect. Gase was flawed from the start and was too stubborn to change his ways because he thought his way, the incorrect way, was the best way. Tannehill fell victim to Gase's bloviating during the most critical point in his career. Tannehill needed a teacher, not an appeaser. Not to mention he lacked top tier talent.

QB whisperer...
What? I couldn't hear what you said...
tenor.gif

The biggest addition to the team was Flores and the winning culture he brings.

I was on the fence on Gase during last season, but after seeing how the season ended and seeing the ****show go down in NY, I'm so glad he's gone.

This season is all about planting seeds in my mind. We won't win a lot of games, but we'll see who really is a player in this league and who needs to be sent to the woodshed so to speak.

The 2020 season is the one I'm really excited about. Picks and money bro's!!!!!
upload_2019-7-1_19-23-4.png

Coaching is everything if you don't have a good one and that's been the case in Miami for a long time. Last season was really a low for the Dolphins. I couldn't understand why the team was never ready in the first quarter. I couldn't understand always playing from behind, almost as if that was the plan. I don't understand going into every game trying to keep it close and get into the 4th quarter. I'll never understand what Burke was trying to do on defense. I'll never understand why Gase never could coach us to a victory on a big game. He lost every time the NFL gave the Dolphins a prime time game. I'll never get why Gase's road record was so God-awful. And finally, I'll never understand how the Jet's could look at Gase's body of work and give him their Head Coach job.

So, now we will see what having a team prepared to play will look like again. I can't wait. I also think we have a pretty good nucleus of young talented players. I'm majorly excited to see some quality QB play in Miami, it's been really lean. I think we're going to see Josh Rosen take a big leap when the pads come on. You know Jim Campbell is working with him big time, and Campbell is a real whisperer!!
Good post BSQ!

Reactions: BSQ
It is hard to watch our team when they look clueless on the field... stats and expectations for individuals aside... the team needs to, at least, look like they have played organized football before... too often they have looked lost in these eyes
Ive been going through that for a long time know. I miss the 70's and 80's when we always had a shot. Here's hoping those times are just around the corner again. :up:

It is hard to watch our team when they look clueless on the field... stats and expectations for individuals aside... the team needs to, at least, look like they have played organized football before... too often they have looked lost in these eyes

Yes sir. I'd settle for a collection of highly paid athletes that can adhere to a coach's plan, play fundamentals, and be fired up...win or lose. Mainly fundamentals...those have been lost on this team through many regimes...I just don't understand it. Those '70s/'80s teams were fundamentally SOUND. That by itself gets you a few wins.

Never said Campbell was a good coach. I was talking about inspiration. IIRC, the players were pumped the 1st two games and many commented on the attitude Campbell instilled. The problem was, onc the opponents figured that out, you're right, ra ra counted for nothing. Nonetheless, winning teams have an attitude, unlike those under Queasy and Gase.
I think losing Cam Wake made a huge difference in the Campbell run. Wake had 7 sacks and 4 FFs in the two games prior to injury. He had 0 sacks in the first 4 games under Philbin. Campbell managed 5-7 w wins over Baltimore, Philly and NE after destroying Tenn and Houston. Many thought he wouldn’t be able to match the brain power of Chip Kelly, Harbaugh and Belichik yet he showed why fundamentally sound, physical football is the way you can beat anyone. Heck, it’s how the G men beat NE in 2007.

Back
Top Bottom