Excitement Builds For 2019 Miami Dolphins Despite Expectations | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Excitement Builds For 2019 Miami Dolphins Despite Expectations

A number of posters here have fingered lack of physicality, trying to out-smart the opponent, and lack of fundamentals as critical traits Gase seemed to ignore. OK, he didn't SEEM to ignore them - he ignored them. That's why I'm optimistic with Flores. Seems to be emphasizing an actual football mentality.
It is nice to see for a change. Somehow this feels different.

A head coach has to teach sound discipline alongside serious conditioning habits to his team to get the fundamental down..

Gase didn't have the balls to do either..
I get the feeling that although penalties are “up” in the NFL vs yester year, we seemed to be worse than the norm under Gase. So many Pre snap and just bad penalties that would kill drives - every week.

A number of posters here have fingered lack of physicality, trying to out-smart the opponent, and lack of fundamentals as critical traits Gase seemed to ignore. OK, he didn't SEEM to ignore them - he ignored them. That's why I'm optimistic with Flores. Seems to be emphasizing an actual football mentality.

Yep. And that's part of what feeds our disappointment when we prop these guys up to be the next Shula. We naturally expect them to be better than they end up being, because we expect our team to be THE team.

When Gase came in, he was coming in after a complete failure in Philbin, so he was naturally the "savior," QB whisperer, etc etc. He got a lot of fan clout because he was relieving the stain of Philbin, we just didn't see the **** he was dragging behind himself in the process...'cuz we really had no way of knowing.

There are many types of HCs that have won a super bowl...Gase and Philbin just weren't in that category. Philbin was obvious coming in, Gase made it obvious not long after. There are a few types that have won several and had strong seasons otherwise. Flores most definitely seems to be more of this mold. But that, in and of itself, doesn't guarantee success, even if it puts him a notch above the previous two coaches from the jump. There have been coaches that had a lot of those traits that also failed.

I guess I'm trying to say that I'm hopeful Flores will be the dude, but not counting on it (we've been burned so many times....). I'm very excited for this season and hope to see some good progress...seeing fundamentally sound football would be a plus regardless.

Yep. And that's part of what feeds our disappointment when we prop these guys up to be the next Shula. We naturally expect them to be better than they end up being, because we expect our team to be THE team.

When Gase came in, he was coming in after a complete failure in Philbin, so he was naturally the "savior," QB whisperer, etc etc. He got a lot of fan clout because he was relieving the stain of Philbin, we just didn't see the **** he was dragging behind himself in the process...'cuz we really had no way of knowing.

There are many types of HCs that have won a super bowl...Gase and Philbin just weren't in that category. Philbin was obvious coming in, Gase made it obvious not long after. There are a few types that have won several and had strong seasons otherwise. Flores most definitely seems to be more of this mold. But that, in and of itself, doesn't guarantee success, even if it puts him a notch above the previous two coaches from the jump. There have been coaches that had a lot of those traits that also failed.

I guess I'm trying to say that I'm hopeful Flores will be the dude, but not counting on it (we've been burned so many times....). I'm very excited for this season and hope to see some good progress...seeing fundamentally sound football would be a plus regardless.
AMEN!

I think while Gase was here we tended to over rate him because as fans, we wanted him to be good. Some of the stuff that's come out since his firing have been especially revealing. Flores appears to be the opposite of Gase. He's hard nosed, he's plenty tough and he has no ego issues. He's got a lot done already and he's just getting warmed up. I can't wait to go out and see the team practice, it's coming up pretty soon! This is a brand new era of Miami Dolphin's Football and I'm liking it!

The reason why I believe in Flores and see some great traits as a head coach is because I believe players what to be led, I believe players want discipline, I believe players, for the most part need and want to be motivated by someone or something other then themselves..

Gase believed all players should come equipped Intrinsically.

That’s why he failed and will continue to fail, eventually, and that’s why Flores will not.

I get the feeling that although penalties are “up” in the NFL vs yester year, we seemed to be worse than the norm under Gase. So many Pre snap and just bad penalties that would kill drives - every week.
I believe that penalties come from fatigue and an undisciplined mindset..

The reason why I believe in Flores and see some great traits as a head coach is because I believe players what to be led, I believe players want discipline, I believe players, for the most part need and want to be motivated by someone or something other then themselves..

Gase believed all players should come equipped Intrinsically.

That’s why he failed and will continue to fail, eventually, and that’s why Flores will not.

Agree. I've seen a few posts claiming 'professional' players don't need to be motivated or inspired by coaches. Apparently they never saw the Queasy team vs. the Campbell team. Everyone wants to win and will work harder for a boss they think can help them win. Flores SEEMS to be that motivator. We'll find out this fall.

Back
Top Bottom