Expect a Tua Tagovailoa-tailored offense when Dolphins return from bye | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Expect a Tua Tagovailoa-tailored offense when Dolphins return from bye

I really hope they do a better job coming out of the bye with Tua than they did with Rosen last year (I realize that was with a different OC). That was horrible last year. Sometimes teams overthink things and get too cute coming out of the bye.

RPO was implemented at the high school level to make defenses pay for bringing extra defenders down in the box to stop the run. It made it's way up into college and into the NFL - as does all innovation in football.

Receivers don't like to go in there and try to root out those extra defenders and try to block 'em - so in essence you 'block' 'em by running a route off of 'em. But you need a quarterback that can execute it.

That short fat kid that was in Tuscaloosa that's now in Miami is the best there's ever been at it up to this point.
Great info. Do you think the young rookies on the o-line fit this style?

Basically I'm wondering if the Dolphins drafted these kids for this style of offense.

I hope they did.

Curious if you see an emerging role for Perry and/or Bowden with Tua @QB?

Also, what's your take on Grant actually being a significant contributor with Tua?
Does he have the hands to rely upon?

Last -- since you're the most experienced around these here parts with Tua in college
what's your take on him using the height advantage we have on the outside?

And of course Gesicki...
From the little I've seen of Bowden, that kid will be in the mix just to hit people.

As some others have hinted, the RPO would be beastly here with Tagavailoa and some of our more exotic weapons lining up in the backfield (someone get Matt Breida more snaps!).

But if the NFL wanted more scoring and dynamic offense, forget dictating piecemeal who can be hit, how they can be hit, when they can be hit, etc. etc. ad nauseam every year, always trying to tilt the field in favor of the offense over defense and passing over running.

Just change the rules to match the college game in one respect: linemen can carry blocks three yards down the field instead of one; you could even make it so ineligible receivers can black the same distance, again as it is in college. THAT would make things interesting and would open up the playbooks (and the scoring).

Of course, if they did that then Tua Tagovailoa would lead the Miami Dolphins to the Super Bowl every year - so I'm a bit biased.

Curious if you see an emerging role for Perry and/or Bowden with Tua @QB?

Also, what's your take on Grant actually being a significant contributor with Tua?
Does he have the hands to rely upon?

Last -- since you're the most experienced around these here parts with Tua in college
what's your take on him using the height advantage we have on the outside?

And of course Gesicki...

Yes.

No.

Possibly.

Whoever gets yac the best is really gonna take off. Tua gets maximum yac from his guys

Back
Top Bottom