Expectations too high for Henne? Not so fast. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Expectations too high for Henne? Not so fast.

JonnyZ81

Scout Team
Reaction score
that dumb article from tim graham a few days ago has seemingly struck a nerve with fin fans. Heres an article that explains things pretty well, imo.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2010/6/8/1506536/are-expectations-currently-too

The Dolphins are one of many teams around the league who currently have a good young quarterback on the roster who might be the franchise's long-term answer at the position. Like Matt Ryan in Atlanta, Joe Flacco in Baltimore, Matthew Stafford in Detroit, and even Mark Sanchez in New York, Chad Henne will enter the 2010 season as the unquestioned starter at the game's most important position.

Also like all of those guys mentioned above, Henne is far from a proven commodity. Yes - he showed flashes of great potential in spurts last season. But we really still do not know what Henne might become.

That's why the comments made by owner Stephen Ross over the weekend made such headlines. Call it the curse of the great number 13 if you'd like. But when anyone comes out and says publicly that a relatively unproven quarterback will "go down as the greatest quarterback in Miami Dolphin history," you instantly raise the expectation level to potentially unreachable heights.

With that said, I'm a little surprised about a post on ESPN's AFC East blog by Tim Graham in which Graham seems to think that Dolphin fans are going "a little too gaga over Henne." Perhaps Graham is a little bit out of touch with true Dolphin fans. After all, while many fans are very optimistic that Chad Henne could become a really good quarterback - maybe even a top five quarterback - I'm not seeing many fans at all who are already anointing him as the second coming of Dan Marino.
there's more but i know i cant post entire articles for obvious copyright issues.

any thoughts? cus i think he's right - i haven't seen many dolphin fans going overboard with their expectations for henne...despite what espn's dumb blogger says.

I may be alone here, but I've always found Tim Graham to be an idiot and a tool for the Pats. Seems like he's a Jets homer now.

Ross also said he hopes Henne parts the Red Sea. After all he's from Michigan, which divides a lot of water. NO PRESSURE HENNE just do it man!

Well in anticipation for Henne's MVP season, they've already started filming Lethal Weapon 5 ... starring Chad Henne's right arm

Ross also said he hopes Henne parts the Red Sea. After all he's from Michigan, which divides a lot of water. NO PRESSURE HENNE just do it man!

Yeah move that water Henne! But really it's not bad what Ross said. I'm glad Ross has confidence in Henne, it will let Henne know that he has full support. I couldn't imagine that Henne is taking the confidence in a negative way. He will continue to play his game and get better.

I think the expectations of Henne are very high from Fin fans....as well they should be we have waited too long
for this.

Remember the bullet pass to Camarillo... You could hear the ball sizzling throught he air like a baseball (seriously). Just sayin it was awesome.

When we expect more out of henne than henne expects out of himself, THEN I'LL WORRY.

I thought Ross said he HOPES Henne becomes the best QB in Dolphins history.
There's a difference.

The highest expectations for Chad Henne are going come from the man himself. You look at the guy, you listen to him speak, and you know he wouldn't have it any other way.

This is the first year where Henne comes in knowing his lot. He's got Marshall now. He has a ferocious OL in front of him and many good RB's at his disposal. I say Henne has a huge year. Last year all the experts correctly brought up the tough schedule. This year they just do not have much to bash us on so they look for stuff. This is going to be a good year fellas.

Back
Top Bottom