Extending Parker might be the smartest move right now. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Extending Parker might be the smartest move right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. You want to get into semantics. The facts remain the same. He NEVER missed a game due to injury until this season. Do you care to dispute that?
Nope. No dispute. But that wasn't your declaration. The fact is he only played 1 full season. It's not really semantics when you make a broad statement in order to support your position when that statement wasn't factual.
Putting all that aside...I'm fine with tua at 5 and believe this "injury prone" description is a bit over stated.

Nope. No dispute. But that wasn't your declaration. The fact is he only played 1 full season. It's not really semantics when you make a broad statement in order to support your position when that statement wasn't factual.
Putting all that aside...I'm fine with tua at 5 and believe this "injury prone" description is a bit over stated.
How can you hold it against Tua for not playing every game in his freshman year? He was available to play every game and never missed any playing time due to injury. To me, that's playing a whole season. Nothing physically kept him off the field. So how does this circumstance fit into the "injury prone" narrative Tua has been labeled with?

How can you hold it against Tua for not playing every game in his freshman year? He was available to play every game and never missed any playing time due to injury. To me, that's playing a whole season. Nothing physically kept him off the field. So how does this circumstance fit into the "injury prone" narrative Tua has been labeled with?
Tua appeared in only 8 games out of 14. Started none. Attempted only 77 passes all year, mostly garbage time backing up hurts. How is that "playing a full season "?
Edit, at most you can say is he was available all season, but in no way did he play a full season.

Tua appeared in only 8 games out of 14. Started none. Attempted only 77 passes all year, mostly garbage time backing up hurts. How is that "playing a full season "?
How can someone hold up his freshman season as part of the argument that Tua is injury prone? Because I keep seeing people say Tua can't play a full season and include his freshman year as evidence.

How can someone hold up his freshman season as part of the argument that Tua is injury prone? Because I keep seeing people say Tua can't play a full season and include his freshman year as evidence.
I've never seen his freshman year used against him. What some say are his ankle surgeries but I don't agree they are significant. I don't consider him injury prone.
My issue was only with the statement that he played 2 full seasons that's all.

Cooper signed a 5 year $100M contract with Dallas after posting less yards and TDs than Parker (on 7 more catches) last season. Parker for 4 years and $40M is a steal. Even if his production drops it’s a great contract for the team.

This is disingenuous Cooper also has 15 more career TDs, 1678 more yds, and 122 more catches (in only 7 more games played). Parker had 1 good year in his career, we'll see if he keeps it up or if he is just another one year wonder.

But he didn't. Why don't you do some research? He never missed a game until this past season.

So officially Tua has missed 4 of the 36 games he was schedule to play in at Alabama .888 % and Parker has played in 69 of the 80 games he was scheduled to play in with the Dolphins .862 %. I only counted the 8 games Tua played in as a freshman, I don't think you should hold the other games against him or factor them into the equation at al since he wasn't playing regardless of his health. I'm all for drafting Tua and I agree injuries have impacted Parker's career. However I don't think he's missed as many games as people seeme to believe... it's been more of a factore of decreasing his effectiveness in some games he plkayed injured in.

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure how Tua became so imbedded into a thread about Parker, but if I may... How many more games would the youngster have missed if he were playing in longer seasons? I don't think this is an apples to apples comparison.

I'm not entirely sure how Tua became so imbedded into a thread about Parker, but if I may... How many more games would the youngster have missed if he were playing in longer seasons? I don't think this is an apples to apples comparison.
Amazing. So now you are going knock Tua as an injury risk for imaginary games that were never even played. Then people wonder why so many of the Tua advocates get defensive about their position about him.

It’s a risk for sure. I don’t suspect he will regress as a player at this point but the injury potential is always out there.

If he picks up where he left off last season (playing like an All-pro), he’s looking at $15 million plus on the open market.

Do you try and tack on 3 years, like $33 million now?

Edit: didn’t realize he was extended already. Just looked up the numbers, comparable to what I was thinking so will give myself some credit.

This is disingenuous Cooper also has 15 more career TDs, 1678 more yds, and 122 more catches (in only 7 more games played). Parker had 1 good year in his career, we'll see if he keeps it up or if he is just another one year wonder.

I feel Cooper is actually a pretty comparable player to Parker. Not stats wise. His career in Oakland was marred by injuries and coaching staff changes. The trade to Dallas allowed him to reach the potential everyone saw in flashes in Oakland. Parker seemed to really take to the coaching staff changes last year. We will see what happens, but I’d rather have a top 25 WR for $10M per year than a top 10 WR for $20M per year.

Oooookay, this thread was based on a mistaken understanding that the OP acknowledged nearly right away.

Seeing as how we’ve gone off topic anyway ...

This thread has run its course. /closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom