Extra Points: Schobel to Dolphins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Extra Points: Schobel to Dolphins?

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Rookie Koa Misi and Cam Wake, last year's pass rushing sensation, are currently penciled in as starters on the strong and weak side respectively. But Wake has yet to prove to the Dolphins that he is an every down player, especially versus the run. And while Misi is making terrific strides, he has a ways to go as he transitions from a "hands-on-the-ground" guy to a stand-up LB who must be versatile against the run and pass.

By signing Schobel, the Dolphins would solidify their defense with a veteran who is very good against the run and is well-suited to defensive coordinator Mike Nolan's collection of dogs and front seven alignments. Football-wise, it makes a lot of sense.

The rub here is the whole story behind his falling out with the Bills. Some say Schobel had become disgruntled with the direction of the team and has threatened to retire rather than endure another losing season. The fall out from that, especially in regards to his relationship with new GM Buddy Nix, supposedly brought Schobel and the Bills to where they are today. If this is true, then the Dolphins have nothing to worry about. But if there is something else in play that could cause trouble for the Dolphins, they would be better off passing on Schobel.

http://shashaty.blogspot.com/2010/08/schobel-to-dolphins.html

Would Buffalo really just let him go without trying to get anything in trade??

I thought Schobel said he does not want to be a linebacker convert.

Besides, we got no room for him on the team. We've already signed two veteran defensive ends much cheaper than Schobel would command.

Cannot blame anyone on the planet earth for not wanting to play for Buffalo. They say they have a new FO regime up there, what a joke. The only new one is Gailey and Buffalo is the only team that would hire him. The new GM Nix is partly responible for getting them where they are right now. NIX is about the most inept person to run a football franchise that you can find. Do not blame Schobel one bit for not wanting to keep playing in a place like that.

While I give the man every credit in the world, come on, Ralph Wilson is what. 93? Do you really think its the best case scenario for the NFL to have someone like that still owning a team ? Last time I saw him on TV it looked like he was not sure which way he was supposed to walk and from what I hear, his daughter would be the sole heir to the team and she has no interest. Anyone thats been to Orchard Park for a game will tell you, the place is 50 years old and put together with new paint each year and a good washing. One thing is cool, only place I have been where there is a bar right incoporated into the parking lot :) Its time Ralph Wilson sells the team which he probably owes nothing on and plays in a stadium he owes nothing on, take the half a billion bucks and go fishing or something like that. Bills fans up there actually are not half bad, mostly happy and drunk but never had a hard time.

Not sure he is really needed, since we have Wake, Misi, Anderson and Alama-Francis seems to be doing well. Though it would be kind of fun to sign him and he would get to go back into Buffalo Week 1.

I'm torn between this one because on one hand it would be nice to have a veteran presence there but in the other I don't want him taking plays away from a younger, hungrier player. I wouldn't be upset if they did pick him up as I wouldn't be upset if we don't.

Back
Top Bottom