F.a.q. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

F.a.q.

Saint Greg

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Some questions I've received through PMs. Hopefully this will answer questions some of you may have.

Q. I got a question regarding free agency. Is it possible to do a sign and trade for restricted free agents?There are alot of guys I like that are restricted. I'd like to do a couple of sign-and-trades to ensure I get the players I want before they hit the market.

A. Here's how we do that. If a team tenders an RFA. The RFA remains tendered until free agency starts. 24 hours into free agency, If the RFA hasn't received any bids he is officially signed by his original team for the tender amount. At that point he can be traded to any team. You can't trade for them before they are signed because you cannot trade free agents.

Q. What do I need to do (financially) to keep RFA's and ERFA's? I know that ERFA's don't negotiate with other teams...so all I need to do is tender them for 700k? Is that right? And that keeps them on the team for one more year?

A. 700k for ERFA and nobody can touch them.

Q. RFA's...I saw the scale in your rules thread...do I just tender them with the amount specified and THEN have to match any offer that comes in to keep them? And that keeps them on my team for the length of the other team's OFFERED contract?

A. Tender the RFAs and then match if someone bids on them. We don't do anything with contract length. We just do the amount as if they were all 1 year contracts.

Q. when will you need our list of RFA's and ERFA's that we want to keep?

A. You just need to have your tags/tenders worked out by the start of free agency. I have the first sunday in march as a projected start date for free agency.

Q. Cool and is it (free agency) just first post gets the player or is there more to it?

A. We'll have a free agency period next month where people bid on players.

Q. So in free agency, we're just bidding for ONE year contracts then? Highest bid within 24 hr's wins that player?

A. Yeah one year contracts. Everything resets next year so there isn't much point in doing anything longer

It's not quite the highest bid in 24hrs. Bidding could go on for a week for one player. Whenever a player goes 24 hours without receiving a bid, the bidding is over. So once you are outbid, you have 24 hours to get back on and bid again.

Q. Will there be a FA list or will we just have to work from each persons team page?

A. The "Free Agency" forum will have a thread for each position. The first post in the thread will have a list of players. The players will have the bid amount, time, and team next to them. Once a player is signed, he will be moved to the bottom of the listed under the "Signed" section.

Q. How is draft pick compensation going to work out? I know you got to be significantly under the cap to sign free agents. Lets say I get the winning bid. But if a team a tenders a guy with draft pick compensation, and you sign that guy but dont have the draft picks to give up, what will happen then? Is that team going to get a compensation pick or are you left with a bunch of capspace due to lack of draft picks?

A. You either have to give that team a higher pick or trade for a pick to give him before you can bid on the player. You cannot sign a tendered restricted free agent or a franchise player if you do not have the picks to give up.

Q. As we approach FA and our teams sign and cut players (for real) do we add and subtract those players from our rosters, and if so, how soon will the cap# be available. I'm sure that the Rams will be resigning some of their FAs before March, and possibly cutting some for cap reasons.

A. None of that matters. The moment we started this thing, you took control of the team. The only thing that the real team does that can affect you is if they restructure a contract and lower someone's salary. As long as that player is still with the team he began with, the restructure can be applied to our league. Now if say Reggie Wayne was traded from the Colts to the Steelers in our league and he restructures with the Colts in real life, the Steelers in our league cannot use that. Once a player is traded, his salary is frozen unless he is cut and signed during our free agency period.

Back
Top Bottom