F the Michael Vick apologists! | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

F the Michael Vick apologists!

Fair enough. Would you also support the right of other employers to deny him employment? It's good enough for you, after all...Isn't it good enough for everyone? What makes you so special?

Thats the funny thing about America....my opinion may not be the same as someone else's.

I would have the right to deny him a spot on my team...if someone else feels differently, that is their perogative. They want to deal with him and all the baggage he comes with? Go ahead..

...but he would feel just fine if he saw him working at McDonalds?? Pretty sure he'd find it unpleasent where ever he saw him.

want a silver-lining for Vick getting reinstated....people such as yourself who don't like the man will be able to go to games and scream anything you want at him, 'dog-killer' all that stuff...and he'll have to sit there on the sideline and take it. What other job could he have where people would get to admonish him like that????

LOL.. PETA are loudmouth *******. He'd be fortunate if they were all he had to worry about.

I think the # of teams will be lower than you are expecting. The 49ers owner came out the next day denying things after Singletary mentioned they would look at him if he came back. But I do see him coming back somewhere. My guess is Al Davis...he doesn't care what anyone has to say.

Im not so sure we would not look at him. Owners can say anything until he is reinstated. Im not so sure that there are not other owners that would sign him. I have read things about other teams doing research.

I'm sure he will have a lot of people rooting against him. Doesn't mean he shouldn't get another chance after serving his time, just because THIS is something YOU really believe in. And again, make a real stand and stop supporting the nfl all together if you feel like that. The nfl won't lose money if you support another team.....the only team that will be effected is the team with vick. They make enough back from the people supporting him.

Really, I can't see any other team signing him. Its a PR nightmare ....however the guy has a right to try to approach a team and explain himself and show how he has changed.

It will be more of a PR nightmare thanks to the efforts of people like me. And it's people like you who might encourage a team to consider signing Vick.

That's why I guess I'm asking you to respect and support dog-loving NFL fans over Michael Vick.

Would I hire Michael Vick? I would do a due backgroundcheck, possibly a psyhcological evluation and speak to his parole people. I would interview him and make my own decision with other viewpoints. I would have some bias based on hating what he did , but maybe he could convince me that he was worth giving a second chance.

The differance is there are 32 owners and all do not feel the same about dogfighting and what his punishment was.

Joey Porter is quite fine with letting Vick back into the league so maybe a few owners think the same way. Im pretty sure overall the majority of NFL players have no problem with Mike Vick coming back,

But you are the boss. Porters not and the owners aren't. Not in the case of hiring into their particular holding company..The NFL.

Your employees do not determine who you employ. You do. You say you may or may not hire him. Fair enough. What makes you so special that your company can have the option of employing him but the NFL can't have that option?

Thats the funny thing about America....my opinion may not be the same as someone else's.

I would have the right to deny him a spot on my team...if someone else feels differently, that is their perogative. They want to deal with him and all the baggage he comes with? Go ahead..

But your team is not the question here. The company is the NFL, not NYinBoston, INC. Your team, the NYinBoston Dolphins does not exist without the NFL. You and all the other bosses have given one person sole discression on who is allowed to be eligible for employment. Why does he not have the chance to determine who is and who is not eligible for employment, when, you have given him that express right? Why do you have the right to not employ him on your team, but, Gooddell not have the right to not allow him to be availiable for employment?

But you are the boss. Porters not and the owners aren't. Not in the case of hiring into their particular holding company..The NFL.

Your employees do not determine who you employ. You do. You say you may or may not hire him. Fair enough. What makes you so special that your company can have the option of employing him but the NFL can't have that option?

I think the NFl should do the same diligence which they are. There is a differance though. Just because the NFL reinstates him does not mean he is hired. Unless there is some other issues I see no reason to not reinstate him, I was speaking as an owner of a business. he commissioner is not the owner of the league but sort of an overall caretaker.

I personally think the NFL should have a commissioner and a committee to make decisions like this so one man's bias and beliefs are not overly represented. Unless Vick does something else, the NFL plans to reinstate him they are just crossing thier t's and dotting thier i's.

It will be more of a PR nightmare thanks to the efforts of people like me. And it's people like you who might encourage a team to consider signing Vick.

That's why I guess I'm asking you to respect and support dog-loving NFL fans over Michael Vick.

A team looking at Vick will not care about people like you. And they will thrive on people that are fans of his that believe he will deserve another chance.

I do not encourage my team to sign Vick. I don't like him, and personally I dont think he is a great QB.

Your war on Vick where you "must pick a side" is laughable.
Where is your Stallworth thread? Aren't you against players killing others?
Where is the thread that states....DWI lovers or people against Stallworth. Pick a side!!! Are you someone who loves football players who run over people?????

But your team is not the question here. The company is the NFL, not NYinBoston, INC. Your team, the NYinBoston Dolphins does not exist without the NFL. You and all the other bosses have given one person sole discression on who is allowed to be eligible for employment. Why does he not have the chance to determine who is and who is not eligible for employment, when, you have given him that express right? Why do you have the right to not employ him on your team, but, Gooddell not have the right to not allow him to be availiable for employment?

You asked if I was the employer...I thought you meant if I had a team. If you are asking if I was goodell, I would ask the owners their opinions, but I would ultimately let him in the league because he already served his time and I have no right to tell other teams he cannot have him because of other players that preceded his actions that have done far worse. I personally would hope he wasn't signed, but I would have to let him back in.

Goodell has the right not to let ANYONE back in thanks to his rule about conduct which he can challenge in court as being his judgement call. But I'm sure you know that, thats why you are asking.

I think the NFl should do the same diligence which they are. There is a differance though. Just because the NFL reinstates him does not mean he is hired. Unless there is some other issues I see no reason to not reinstate him, I was speaking as an owner of a business. he commissioner is not the owner of the league but sort of an overall caretaker.

I personally think the NFL should have a commissioner and a committee to make decisions like this so one man's bias and beliefs are not overly represented. Unless Vick does something else, the NFL plans to reinstate him they are just crossing thier t's and dotting thier i's.

I think Roger Goddell would be acting wrecklessly if he didn't AT LEAST suspend Vick for one more season (this 2009 season coming up) post getting out of jail.

Vick already lied to his owner and to Goddell so why should anyone believe his "remorse". What is Roger Goddell a mind reader now?

Let's see if Vick can stay out of trouble and maybe even do some good for one season out of jail and out of football before he even considers him.

I think Roger Goddell would be acting wrecklessly if he didn't AT LEAST suspend Vick for one more season (this 2009 season coming up) post getting out of jail.

Vick already lied to his owner and to Goddell so why should anyone believe his "remorse". What is Roger Goddell a mind reader now?

Let's see if Vick can stay out of trouble and maybe even do some good for one season out of jail and out of football before he even considers him.

Now you will consider him after one suspended season if he is good? :lol:

And wasn't Vick lying BEFORE his jail sentence? I don't think that counts. If you are looking that hard at that, you would be equating lying with dog killing. Imagine if Goodell came out and said...we forgave all the dog killing and torture....but he lied to us....that we can't handle.

A team looking at Vick will not care about people like you. And they will thrive on people that are fans of his that believe he will deserve another chance.

I do not encourage my team to sign Vick. I don't like him, and personally I dont think he is a great QB.

Your war on Vick where you "must pick a side" is laughable.
Where is your Stallworth thread? Aren't you against players killing others?
Where is the thread that states....DWI lovers or people against Stallworth. Pick a side!!! Are you someone who loves football players who run over people?????

You don't know WTF you're talking about. An owner will absolutely care about people like me b/c people like me (successful, compassionate dog-loving SEASON TICKET HOLDERS) put the money in their pockets.

You think those moron Vick supporters in ATL that were cheering for him as he was hauled off to court have the money for season tickets and consessions?

And just b/c I don't start a thread on every other case in the NFL like Donte Stallworth doesn't mean that I support those f*cks and only want Vick banned.

I already said Leonard Little should've been banned for life.

You say you don't even like Vick yet you support his reinstatement over all other dog-loving NFL fans being offended. Nice.

If I thought he was one of the best in the entire world and what I was going to employ him for....I would consider it....can't say that's an easy decision.

...and I won't feel bad for Vick at all if he is reinstated and all 32 teams pass on him....I just would prefer he wasn't banned by the commissioner.

I can respect that. I simply hope he is denied employment by the commish. I fully support both Vick's right to seek employment in the NFL, and, the Commisioner's right to refuse him that employment.

You don't know WTF you're talking about. An owner will absolutely care about people like me b/c people like me (successful, compassionate dog-loving SEASON TICKET HOLDERS) put the money in their pockets.

You think those moron Vick supporters in ATL that we're cheering for him as he was hauled off to court have the money for season tickets and consessions?

And just b/c I don't start a thread on every other case in the NFL like Donte Stallworth doesn't mean that I support those f*cks and only want Vick banned.

I already said Leonard Little should've been banned for life.

Do all Vick-Groupies like you have this much trouble with reading comprehension?

Obviously, you are the one with the reading comprehension issues. If you didn't have trouble, you would know I don't like Vick, condone what he did, or would think about hiring if he came back to the league. You Peta freaks need to get a life.

What are you saying with the bold statement? Nobody that was a vick fan had money for jerseys or season tickets? Now who is the moron? :lol: Do you know how popular Vick was? Do you realize how many jersey he sold yearly?

Now you will consider him after one suspended season if he is good? :lol:

And wasn't Vick lying BEFORE his jail sentence? I don't think that counts. If you are looking that hard at that, you would be equating lying with dog killing. Imagine if Goodell came out and said...we forgave all the dog killing and torture....but he lied to us....that we can't handle.

Can you read? I said Goddell would be negligent to not even make him wait one year while out of jail before reinstating him.

Obviously, if I was the commish, Vick would be banned for life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom