F the Michael Vick apologists! | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

F the Michael Vick apologists!

No no..Not at all. We're having a debate here...And, I think a particularly appropriate, and, fun one if done the right way.

No.....I'm not saying it's the deer's fault for being shot. There is no "fault" involved. What I *AM* saying is a cow in confinement has no shot at escape. A dog bred for dogfighting has not shot at escape.

A deer, in his natural habitat has the ability to use his tools that he has developed to defend himself against predators....One of them being man. Also...The dog is bred and confined, like the cow. I've never heard of a hunter going out to hunt a specific, individual deer...Unless it's like that mythical "ghost" bazillion point buck or whatever.

Also.....Just because you have a rifle and a scope does not mean you are going to hit what you shoot at. Go to a rifle range and try if you don't believe me. The longer distance you go, the harder it is. Breathing, trigger pull, round ballistics, wind, humidity, and temperature can all affect the flight of a bullet...Often dramatically. Again...Don't believe me? Go try it on a paper target.

The deer has a chance. The dogfighting dog and the cow have no chance.

The deer has a better chance but the dog could escape when he is released to fight theoretically. The dog and cow example is a great choice because they are both being raised to do one basic thing. The people that use these animals are not looking at them other than just a product. If the people that deal with cows were not forced these animals would be treated even worse but there are laws governing them, dog fighting is illegal so its pretty useless to worry about humane treatment from a legal standpoint. Dogfighters look at dogs with no more sympathy than a man at a slaughtergouse looks at cows.

Bullfighting and many other sports in other countries are much more accepted. Are thier people all pschopaths because they look at it from a differant view. These people have been conditioned much like Vick was conditioned. This does not make it right but he did not just fight dogs from a sheer sense of wanting to hurt animals. I think the whole dog fighting mentality is quite warped butyou cannot equate what these people have done to serial killer tendencies as some have tried to do.

Well, like I've said before....Vick was caught and, admitted to it after being forced to, to gain some lieniency. No matter how blatant the evidence seems, we don't know for a fact that Porter fights dogs. Both you and I believe he does, but, belief is not proof.

What will be interesting is if Porter does get caught, and, how people react to that.

he wont get caught because Vick made too much of a spotlight of a problem the NFL was more than glad to ignore as long as it did not put them in the spotlight. Seeing a picture with Porter and a guy that has sold fighting dogs was more than enough evidence for me although not for a court of law. Im pretty sure that hobby has almost completely went to a death in the NFL because someone got caught.

I personally would love the truth to come out. He always has acted like a scumbag and yet even when he does people praise him. At first people hear he attacks Jones and they want to thump thier chest and call the otherplayer a wimp then ignore the facts about the incident that show Porter to be a coward

The deer has a better chance but the dog could escape when he is released to fight theoretically. The dog and cow example is a great choice because they are both being raised to do one basic thing. The people that use these animals are not looking at them other than just a product. If the people that deal with cows were not forced these animals would be treated even worse but there are laws governing them, dog fighting is illegal so its pretty useless to worry about humane treatment from a legal standpoint. Dogfighters look at dogs with no more sympathy than a man at a slaughtergouse looks at cows.

Bullfighting and many other sports in other countries are much more accepted. Are thier people all pschopaths because they look at it from a differant view. These people have been conditioned much like Vick was conditioned. This does not make it right but he did not just fight dogs from a sheer sense of wanting to hurt animals. I think the whole dog fighting mentality is quite warped butyou cannot equate what these people have done to serial killer tendencies as some have tried to do.

Just because it is useless to worry about humane treatment does not excuse there not being humane treatment. I'm no expert on bullfighting. I don't think it makes those people psycopaths, but, to me, it does make them morally repellant to some degree. At least in bullfighting, there is a chance the bullfighter gets his.

he wont get caught because Vick made too much of a spotlight of a problem the NFL was more than glad to ignore as long as it did not put them in the spotlight. Seeing a picture with Porter and a guy that has sold fighting dogs was more than enough evidence for me although not for a court of law. Im pretty sure that hobby has almost completely went to a death in the NFL because someone got caught.

I personally would love the truth to come out. He always has acted like a scumbag and yet even when he does people praise him. At first people hear he attacks Jones and they want to thump thier chest and call the otherplayer a wimp then ignore the facts about the incident that show Porter to be a coward

Pretty much agree with everything you said there.

What will be interesting is if Porter does get caught, and, how people react to that.

If Porter is caught doing the same thing as Vick did, give him the chair too. F him if that's what he did, I don't give a damn if the Phins lose any hope at the SB that year b/c of it.

Where's the idea that Porter might dogfight? Is it b/c he said "Oh they're just dogs" or b/c his dog killed a miniature horse?

Maybe he places human life above animals or just doesn't give much of a damn about dogs. As for the horse incident, I don't even feel like thinking of talking about **** like that going down.

If Porter is caught doing the same thing as Vick did, give him the chair too. F him if that's what he did, I don't give a damn if the Phins lose any hope at the SB that year b/c of it.

Where's the idea that Porter might dogfight? Is it b/c he said "Oh they're just dogs" or b/c his dog killed a miniature horse?

Maybe he places human life above animals or just doesn't give much of a damn about dogs. As for the horse incident, I don't even feel like thinking of talking about **** like that going down.

His dogs have shown that they are viscious. He has been seen in the company of dogfighters, and, he has said in an interview that he trains his dogs to be mean... I can't remember the exact verbage. To me, walks/quacks like a duck...Probably is a duck.

Joey Porter is indeed a scumbag and I wish we would trade his arse away. I know about his dogs and it's his damn fault they got loose and killed that neighbor's poor little minature horse. He also jumped Levi Jones in Vegas like a punk b/c he was frustrated that Levi Jones had been kicking his arse everytime they matched up ON THE FIELD (CIN vs. PIT).

All I can hope is that ASPCA Spokesman Jason Taylor is a good influence on this scumbag and hopefully, shows him the error of his ways.

His dogs have shown that they are viscious. He has been seen in the company of dogfighters, and, he has said in an interview that he trains his dogs to be mean... I can't remember the exact verbage. To me, walks/quacks like a duck...Probably is a duck.

Well based on that info just b/c you train your dogs to be mean doesn't necessarily equate you to dogfighting. But hey like I said, if JP is involved in that, I'll stop supporting him.

As bad as what Vick did. If people on hear want something to protest write your congressman to fight Jennifer Porter getting off probation early.
This woman ran over multiple kids killing a 3 year old and a 13 year old. She fled the scene of the accident and only came forward after a week because she was about to get caught. She did not receive one day in jail and wants off probation early. For people that think Vick got off easy, this is getting off easy. One thing wrong does not make another right but like I said we should definately be more incensed about something like this so feel free to write your congressman or do your own protest.

P.S. Saw Marshall Faulk on NFL Network the other night and got so pissed b/c not only is he defending Vick's return to the league, but he only mentioned Vick apologizing for "lying to the commissioner and Arthur Blank". He said the Vick should apologize for those lies to set a better example for kids (or something like that).

Hey Marshall, HOW ABOUT FOR DROWNING, SHOOTING, ELECTROCUTING AND HANGING DOGS TO DEATH?!?!?!?!

These focking Vick supporters just have ZERO empathy for animals.

They are LESS than animals themselves.

Back
Top Bottom