FA and first thee rounds. quick fix. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA and first thee rounds. quick fix.

FINatic054

Scout Team
Reaction score
Ok so I have posted this in a couple forums but I'd like to see what you guys think. My ideal offseason would be as follows. ..

Re-sign Clemons and Long. This of course is as long as Long isnt trying to break the bank. Then sign Wallace in free agency. Now you focus on draft.
1st round- trade back and pick up an extra second. Then draft Eifert.
Now with our 3 second rounders draft Trufant, Rhodes, and Terrance Williams.
In the third you draft Carradine and Jordan Reed.

This plan shores up our WRs, and TEs, while also getting two very good CBs and a pass rusher. You can then use the rest of the draft for role platers/depth.

Now of course this plan would need Long to be locked up for a reasonable amount. This could leave us with still a decent amount of cash for more free agents.

How about we don't trade back and learn to make a good selection with a top pick for an above average player.

I actually really like this option, except we need to either re-sign Smith or get another FA CB.

How about we don't trade back and learn to make a good selection with a top pick for an above average player.

I agree I'm a bit hesitant on trading back but there is really no sure pick at 12. I mean...this draft isn't too deep. Who would you take who you could be pretty sure could make a bigger impact than eifert on this team? And not just eifert but the extra second round guy we can get

I actually really like this option, except we need to either re-sign Smith or get another FA CB.

If anything go out and grab woodson for a year. He shouldnt demand too much. I'm not high on Smith. Actually I think he's garbage. Woodson can help mentor the young guys for a year.

I like this plan alot. Trading back in this situation doesn't really hurt us too much bc a TE shouldnt be off the board early. Plus getting valuable corners in the second round is definitely possible. The only thing I disagree with is keeping Long bc I dont think he will be cheap. I think Martin can be a good LT and w one if those 2nds, we could go RT instead. Nice idea though

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

I like this plan alot. Trading back in this situation doesn't really hurt us too much bc a TE shouldnt be off the board early. Plus getting valuable corners in the second round is definitely possible. The only thing I disagree with is keeping Long bc I dont think he will be cheap. I think Martin can be a good LT and w one if those 2nds, we could go RT instead. Nice idea though

Yea I thought if Long was asking too much maybe drafting Watson in the second at tackle instead of Williams. Then the money we would have given long we could go after bowe. Now you have bowe and wallace. That would be quite a duo

Now heres the real question you gotta ask yourself....sitting at 12, who will be there that another team just has to have? Cant trade back if you dont have a partner.....

In a perfect world, you think through these things

Ok if nobody trades up with us then select banks at 12. Then select trufant and ertz in second. Carradine and reed in third. Go after number two WR in free agency or 4th round. We neeeeed CB's in a big way.

I'm in favor of trading back for another pick. We waste high picks ( Long , Ronnie Brown ,Ted Ginn )

Jake and Ronnie were good players but not worth the !st and 2nd over all picks in my opinion.

Ireland is about 50 / 50 in the first 3 rounds so give him as many picks as possible. Maybe double down on WR , CB and pass rushers just to play the odds.

If anything go out and grab woodson for a year. He shouldnt demand too much. I'm not high on Smith. Actually I think he's garbage. Woodson can help mentor the young guys for a year.

Forget this constant "mentoring" horse$h*t. These are grown men wanting to earn megabucks. If they need a wetnurse, they're nothing.

I like this plan alot. Trading back in this situation doesn't really hurt us too much bc a TE shouldnt be off the board early.

The best players in every draft ALWAYS come off the board early.

The only thing "trading back" ever accomplishes is to take your team out of the mix for the best players and to limit you to the mediocre ACORNS who can't start for other teams. Quantity not quality is why we are so bad right now.

We need CHAMPIONSHIP-TYPE players and you get those in the top half of the 1st round and you get those at IMPACT positions like WR, QB, RB, NOT on the OL.

If he trades back, he will be fired soon. Take BPA at 12. Lets see who we sign in FA first. Lots of options in the first round.

Back
Top Bottom