FA, Draft, heres what will happen. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA, Draft, heres what will happen.

Phinfan31

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Ok here are my thoughts, everyones saying if we dont draft a QB first they will lose all hope...thats just ridiculous. Sure there are some great QBs in the draft this year. Eli, Ben, Rivers, Losman, etc. but unless the phins work a way out to get Eli then i dont want to draft a QB in the first round. It would be stupid. The superstars will be gone by then and I dont see Losman or Rivers becoming much in the NFL. We need a 2nd WR just as bad as we need a QB. Even if you have a great QB, if he only has 1 good WR then theres not much he can do. They already double team chambers, without someone to fill in the 2nd position we will still have no passing game. Thats why I say either pick up Eli Manning or forget the QB in the draft and sign Brunell. If this were to happen then DEFINATELY go for WR in the 1st round. We can pick up a very good WR that will contribute to our team immediately. Depending on what we do in free agency we might have another even higher draft pick in the 1st round which gives us the options of Williams, Evans, Woods, Clayton, etc. Then we go for the line. So by the end of this our main spots will be filled. We will have
Vet. QB - Brunell
Star Rookie WR- Williams, Evans, Woods, Clayton?
and then we will fill in our line.
We take care of every position this way, now yes I know youre all saying that we still need a Rookie QB to groom, and what I have to say to that is we will go for one in next years draft. We should be just fine with our WRs,TE,Line, our D has been doing very well, and we all know our RB wont need to be updated for a long time. The only dire need should be a QB in next years draft, so until then lets try Brunell. Unless we can get Eli guys I dont see us drafting a QB, a source has already let out info of Brunell, I forget who but it was on this forum. Like Wayne said were in a WIN NOW mode and they wont go for a rookie QB unless its Eli.

Tom Brady was a third round pick.

Hell, Marino was the end of the 1st round.

I would pick up Rivers in a heartbeat if he is there at #20. The fact that you don't think they will succeed in the NFL is misled. You are saying that only Eli will succeed and no one else. Give me a break. I would say 3/4 of the QBs drafted in the first round will succeed. This is assuming Manning, Roethlisberger, Rivers, and Losman are all drafted.

Mark Brunell
Reggie Williams

Will make my day....

Originally posted by muddaconch
Tom Brady was a third round pick.

Hell, Marino was the end of the 1st round.

I would pick up Rivers in a heartbeat if he is there at #20. The fact that you don't think they will succeed in the NFL is misled. You are saying that only Eli will succeed and no one else. Give me a break. I would say 3/4 of the QBs drafted in the first round will succeed. This is assuming Manning, Roethlisberger, Rivers, and Losman are all drafted.

No, Tom Brady was a sixth round pick.

every year thats all anyone wants. A WR. ever notice that? we always end up talking about WR's no matter how bad our Oline is.:cry:

Oh thats right, we can just get those guys in free agency.:rolleyes:

I cant agree any more than I am right now with PhinFan31. Eli Manning is the guy we need, and will be an NFL stud sooner than the rest. I mean come on, football runs in the Manning's blood and theres no way he can do worse than jay so he is just going to make our team better. I believe we have to do all we can to get Eli or no1 at all. If we get Eli then I think Marino will help turn him into a solid QB and this is boost our offense huge.

Back
Top Bottom