FA Quarter Backs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA Quarter Backs

IAFINFAN

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I saw over on Dolfantalk that Boomer had an article stating that there is a good chance that both rookie FA on the Dolphins roster would be cut and that Miami might look at getting another vet. FA QB for the 3rd spot.

I was wondering if anyone had read this as well and who might be out there that Miami would bring in. I hope it isn't Aikman, but I remember seeing a list a while back and the names didn't impress me at all. Anyone think that Cuningham might come out of retirement for one more year?

I hope it is not Aikman, that would suck....suck....suck. The Dolphins do not need any more cokeboy tainting. We have enough former cokeboys on our team (and coaching staff) already.

qb's...........

i think the question is, what free agent qb is out there that has spent time in norv turners offense?

any former foreskins, or cowpies or chargers?

i think they would be looking at that first so whoever comes in will at least know the terminology and play book.

:monkey: on paul newman!

there is no way it will be aikman or cunningham. cunningham is retiring as an eagle this year, and aikman is secured in the fox booth. not sure who they'll bring in, but don't hold your breath, it isn't anyone that is gonna play this year.

I guess we'll be waiting to see who gets cut at the end of TC when they have to get to the 53 man roster..hopefully some decent upside QB's are in there and make it though the wire to us

What about Scott Covington, if he hasn't been released, he will be, thanks in part to the "resurgance" (I use that term VERY loosely) of Akili Smith.

how about Jeff George: UFA (2001 team: Redskins) hasnt he worked with Turner. I cant remeber but did they have a disagreement or something?? We would only keep him one year any way..

I think they hated each other. George is the last dude you want to be your 3rd QB anyway. Clipboard holder cancer? No thanks.

Dameyune Craig sucks.

I would say the chances are if we did go for one of those it would be either Jeff Lewis, Paul Justin, or Scott Mitchell. And I don't like any of the above...

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
I guess we'll be waiting to see who gets cut at the end of TC when they have to get to the 53 man roster..hopefully some decent upside QB's are in there and make it though the wire to us
based on past history you s/b correct, i.e Drunkenmeiller and Cade M

Man I wish the Rams would trade us Marc Bulger for like a 7th round pick. That guy is going to be good.

George was benched by Gunther Cunningham early last season.

George played actually pretty well under Norv. A Redskin fan friend of mine hated Brad Johnson and loved George.

Back
Top Bottom