FA target: Mike Hilton | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA target: Mike Hilton

Another give up on Iggy thread. Smh
This has absolutely nothing to do with iggy. I even mentioned who I think he should replace (Needham). Like others have mentioned I think Igbonoghene is more of an outside corner who can rotate with Byron and xavien

This has absolutely nothing to do with iggy. I even mentioned who I think he should replace (Needham). Like others have mentioned I think Igbonoghene is more of an outside corner who can rotate with Byron and xavien
Maybe so, as far as a boundary guy, but I don’t see why he couldn’t be trained up for the slot. He’s a high level athlete and competitive.. I’d like to see him get a chance there at least instead of spending more money at the cb spot

Only my opinion of course but Iggy’s problem is not his athletic ability but his instincts while playing the position of boundary CB. He has a problem locating the ball in the air while covering causing PI’s. He has trouble getting his head around while the ball is in the air. If he is having trouble as a boundary CB when he has the boundary as an added defender, he is going to have an even harder time defending the slot when the receiver has both sides of the field to work in.

What Iggy lacks as a cb is what Molden has in spades , which is instincts and football IQ.

What Iggy lacks as a cb is what Molden has in spades , which is instincts and football IQ.

Smith participated in a Bleacher Report “Ask Me Anything” session this week. When asked about the best player he played against, Smith answered former Auburn defensive back Noah Igbinoghene, calling him “best DB I played against.”

@gopgabe123: Best players you played against during your time at Alabama?
The cornerback Noah Igbinoghene from Auburn, best DB I played against

Maybe so, as far as a boundary guy, but I don’t see why he couldn’t be trained up for the slot. He’s a high level athlete and competitive.. I’d like to see him get a chance there at least instead of spending more money at the cb spot
I’m fine with cross training iggy to play nickel with a full offseason. But I still think we need to address nickel corner regardless. We run 3 CB’s more than almost anyone in the league. We need at least 4 good ones for our scheme to be able to rotate and have injury insurance especially when Howard has a bit of an injury history.

No, I don’t think Iggy is a slot CB, someone on here explained it to me. He’s not the right athletic profile for slot.
I don’t think he has quick enough feet to defend the slot

Cameron Sutton also from Pitts might have a better shot of hitting FA and be cheaper and he was almost just as good. They're both more of Stars/Rovers than pure NCBs but I would take either 'cause they can still press/man well enough also.

I feel like he’s the ideal corner target. I know everyone’s gonna say we can’t spend on another corner. But Hilton is a strictly nickel guy, those guys typically don’t break the bank in FA. Brian Poole signed for about 5 mill per year I’d expect Hilton to be somewhere in that range. He has 237 tackles 9 sacks and 7 ints from the nickel in 4 years starting. One of the better blitzing corners in the nfl would add a whole extra dimension to our amoeba packages. Upgrading from Nik Needham is something I think we need to do to go from a good to elite secondary. We could cut Bobby McCain and use that money on Hilton, get younger and better in secondary then draft a FS like Richie Grant in round 2-3.
I think they are looking for Iggy to take over that position next season. Iggy isn’t going to take the CB spots from Howard or Jones in 2021, so the one position he could see more playing time would be as the nickel CB.

If they decided to go after Hilton, they would basically be saying that Iggy isn’t good enough to take the position from Needham and they would be admitting they screwed up picking Iggy in the draft. I just don’t see that happening and I expect Iggy and Needham to battle for the the nickel spot next season.

I think they are looking for Iggy to take over that position next season. Iggy isn’t going to take the CB spots from Howard or Jones in 2021, so the one position he could see more playing time would be as the nickel CB.

If they decided to go after Hilton, they would basically be saying that Iggy isn’t good enough to take the position from Needham and they would be admitting they screwed up picking Iggy in the draft. I just don’t see that happening and I expect Iggy and Needham to battle for the the nickel spot next season.
Although that’s possible Nickel corner and Outside corner are very different positions and different skill sets thrive in different roles. There is some corners who are versatile enough to play both at a high level. But there are a lot of strictly nickel guys and some strictly outside guys. Igbonoghenes rookie year Miami viewed him as a strictly outside corner that may have been due to a shortened offseason program and they didn’t want him to be overwhelmed or it could be a skill set thing at this point it’s to early to tell

Back
Top Bottom