Face It People | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Face It People

Wow you are so right, he should just buy the entire Rams team and coaching staff and put them in Miami.

As a backup plan, maybe buy the #1 pick in the draft in 2020 and buy drew brees in 2019 as an interim. Probably can buy OBJ and Barkley with some change in his pocket as well. Khalil Mack for a simple PayPal transfer and we are good to go.

Wtf is he waiting For?
Trust Me.....I get it, but You surely cant be happy with the way things have gone.

Oakland and Arizona will be back on their feet as franchises before Miami does anything significant.
Gruden is doing it the right way. Trade away vets for high picks and build thru the draft unlike us who love to keep players past their prime(if they even had a prime)and they keep bringing in older players in free agency just to plug a hole, all while putting all their eggs on an average QB coming back from major surgery. Just freaking brilliant.

Gruden is doing it the right way. Trade away vets for high picks and build thru the draft unlike us who love to keep players past their prime(if they even had a prime)and they keep bringing in older players in free agency just to plug a hole, all while putting all their eggs on an average QB coming back from major surgery. Just freaking brilliant.
A lot of teams trade or extend players they know will be too expensive or have no intention of signing before they become FAs. Miami just loses them in FA for nothing like Miller and Vernon

A guaranteed 10 year deal gives you such luxury.

When Saban came in, he didn’t want to develop a QB because he knew he had to win. Thus we drafted Ronnie Brown and not Aaron Rodgers. And passed on Brees for culpepper because he wanted low risk. If he had 10 to work with, I bet he goes the same as gruden.

None of our coaches got a 10 year window to work with.

Trust Me.....I get it, but You surely cant be happy with the way things have gone.

No but I want to give gase more time, as I think Tannehill is an anchor that can sink a coach. There’s got to be a reason why he didn’t trust him in that last series. Cincy game maybe?

Think about it, he trusts this poor defense more than Tannehill to make a play, And they almost did, if the refs would call holding even.

A guaranteed 10 year deal gives you such luxury.

When Saban came in, he didn’t want to develop a QB because he knew he had to win. Thus we drafted Ronnie Brown and not Aaron Rodgers. And passed on Brees for culpepper because he wanted low risk. If he had 10 to work with, I bet he goes the same as gruden.

None of our coaches got a 10 year window to work with.
no HC ever got a 10 year contract before but many HC's have traded away vets and gotten picks for them and build thru the draft. I'm sure if Gase had wanted a different QB he'd have been given the time to develop him. Not every HC needs 5 years to build a winning team.

The Dolphins are not on par with Cleveland. The Browns are trending up.

Without a doubt. Very solid moves including their first two picks which were unconventional and not what the 'experts' had projected but both look like best player available thus far. Darnold's stock has definitely dropped a lot from the preseason and Ward is a stud that really looks the part.

Cleveland actually has more young talent on their roster. Sure they've sucked more in recent years but they are trending up more than us now. We will go 7-9, or 8-8, 6-10, same story every year and we still don't have a franchise QB.

Nailed it. I know it's one of my common statements, but a portion of any organization is luck. An owner picks the right GM, who picks the right HC, and he's a genius. Every owner goes on gut feel and an interview and we KNOW how accurate those are. I'm not a Gase or Baum fan, and I realize the buck stops at the top, but Ross is the owner. No one can move him out. He's there. Get over it. Baum? You're right. He and Grier are here for a while based on draft and cap improvement. If people feel better venting about unrealistic wishes, I have no problem. But they ARE unrealistic wishes. Gase? Sadly, I think he gets another year.

"NO ONE CAN MOVE HIM OUT" .

REALLY? There was just an article two days back how Jerry Jones was "aproached" by the nfl brass who asked him to "think about" selling the cowboys. And it wasnt to long ago!!

The nfl cheese has the juice and maneuverability to do just that. And dont be suprized if ross isnt confronted with that in the off season. Never have i seen so many sports writers, media, nfl players and former nfl coaches and gm's attacking our finz and pointing up how deteriated this once proud and historic franchise WAS. Ross has taken the bait to many times on hyped coaches and players. The finz stock amungst fans is dwindling and it isnt pretty. Should he retain either gase and our ace d/c matt burke, the dam will burst and the 2019 season will be nothing but a good time to paint the stadiums seats!!

It's all about revenue folks with the nfl. And its a huge chunk out of the nfl cash trough when tickets, tv revenue, sponsorship, hats, mugs, shirts, jerseys, jock straps, prime time games and overall product is falling down as fast as rosie o'donnel sitting on a grand piano hurled off the empire state building!! I for one am hoping the nfl sends the corporate mashers to ross's mansion for a football "tune up". An offer he can't refuse.

If I was a GM I’m more happy about the browns situation than I would be about the Dolphins.

Nailed it. I know it's one of my common statements, but a portion of any organization is luck. An owner picks the right GM, who picks the right HC, and he's a genius. Every owner goes on gut feel and an interview and we KNOW how accurate those are. I'm not a Gase or Baum fan, and I realize the buck stops at the top, but Ross is the owner. No one can move him out. He's there. Get over it. Baum? You're right. He and Grier are here for a while based on draft and cap improvement. If people feel better venting about unrealistic wishes, I have no problem. But they ARE unrealistic wishes. Gase? Sadly, I think he gets another year.
So now it’s bad luck? We have sucked since Ross got here partially due to luck?

A football owner is the same as any business owner. He needs to build a winning organization. The good owners do this. Many others struggle with this. There’s a reason many franchises are competitive year after year for a decade or more with only a few down years in there before they are back competing. And same goes for the doormats who repeat as doormats. The entire league is set up for parity yet this phenomenon occurs.

It’s because of ownership building organizations. Or lack therof.

Back
Top Bottom