Face it...we don't know spit right now. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Face it...we don't know spit right now.

PhinPhan1227

Why is there a watermelon there?
Reaction score
On the optimist side of the table, I have to hope that Wayne H knows SOMETHING about quality hires. The man DID build several huge companies, and I don't think he did all of that with mob connections...ok...SOME, but it couldn't have been ALL. So Wayne H can certainly be considered the best judge of these moves.

On the pessimist side...none of us REALLY knows how Rick S would have handled the FA/Draft differently if he had been in charge the last few years. Maybe he wouldn't have made the same mistakes...or maybe they would have been worse. And none of us know what Dan is going to do or not do for the team. Maybe he's the fire we need. Or maybe his temper turns the team into Downtown Beirut. Heck, we don't even know if this is going to change things up. Wanny's still here...Rick is still here...Dan is NOW here, but how much impact will he have, especially in year 1? We might see EXACTLY the same Phins next season(yes, even including Jay Fiedler...you just never know what's going to happen in the off-season). Then again, we might see half the Defense gutted to rebuild the offense. Who knows? Right now I'd say you had MUCH better odds of betting the longshot down at Calder than you do of having any clue what the 2004 Dolphins are going to look like. On a plus note...at least it gives us something to talk about for the next 3 months.:rolleyes:

Well, after reading that I'm still not sure what you think of the move but, I like it.....All the things you said have a possibility of coming true, even the Beirut analogy.....but, even that would be better than what we have now for the simple reason that it would eventually lead to the sweeping chnges that alot of fans wanted already....

I liked this article that I read this morning.....This is one thing that is for sure.....Jay is hanging by the skin of his teeth right now.......

We have some clues though...

Wanny's expectation is for a 30% turnover in roster which could lead to a very different team next season and potentially much better. With an offensive perspective coming from Dan on the moves required, that's quite a mouthwatering prospect. I liked that article too infin!

This was my favorite part.....it doesn't get any more true than this....
The NFL playoffs have illuminated just how far away the Dolphins are at quarterback. Fiedler has certainly made the most of what he has to offer, and his resourcefulness has served a flawed team well. But when you watch the likes of Tom Brady, Donovan McNabb, Peyton Manning, Steve McNair, Brett Favre and even Jake Delhomme, you're often wide-eyed. When you watch Fiedler, too often you're covering your eyes.

....and that last line was something I would not agree with until the end of this season....now, IMO, it's gospel.

Originally posted by inFINSible
This was my favorite part.....it doesn't get any more true than this....

....and that last line was something I would not agree with until the end of this season....now, IMO, it's gospel.

Absolutely!!!

Better QB play is what is MOST needed..........I turned after the 2nd NE game...........Never had I seen such incompetence at QB....NEVER.

Jay is hanging by the skin of his teeth right now.......

This is where I disagree with you. After advocating Damon Dan said many times that dave made the right decision to go with Jay over damon. While he did not endorse jay as the QB with a HOF career he also noted that Jay does not have his weapons (OL, #2 receivers) and that the WR have to make plays as well. In one particular show I actually recall Dan and Cris talking about the Miami offense and both agreed that Jay neither has the time nor the receivers making plays.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jay would restructure and stay and the Phins put a young prospect at #3 and sage into the backup spot.

But at his point we all do not know who will enter FA or is available for trades.

Originally posted by Section126

Absolutely!!!

Better QB play is what is MOST needed..........I turned after the 2nd NE game...........Never had I seen such incompetence at QB....NEVER.

did you miss the game against Buffalo in 2002 or Ravens in 2003?

Well, after reading that I'm still not sure what you think of the move but, I like it.....All the things you said have a possibility of coming true, even the Beirut analogy.....but, even that would be better than what we have now for the simple reason that it would eventually lead to the sweeping chnges that alot of fans wanted already....

I liked this article that I read this morning.....This is one thing that is for sure.....Jay is hanging by the skin of his teeth right now.......

I don't KNOW what to think. It's certainly better than what we had in 2003....but is it better than what we COULD have had? If Mueller takes the team he lands with to the Superbowl in the next 2 years and we're still a 9-7/10-6 non-Playoff team, than no, this was NOT a good move. It all depends on the outcome over the next few years.

Back
Top Bottom