Falcons are expected to release defensive tackle Paul Soliai | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Falcons are expected to release defensive tackle Paul Soliai

For a cheap deal absolutely. He occupies hella space just being on the field

mentioned this the other day, I would welcome him back

prob in Atlanta was he had a big deal, be would be a good signing on a reasonable wage

Luxury pickup that I would stay away from.

We do need a veteran plugger in there, think Soliai is just too expensive for what we need and for what we have already invested.

Now if we were moving to a 3-4 defense, this would be a no brainer.

[tweet]701248183796502528[/tweet]
We won't be interested at $5.5M. He has been cut by Atlanta. I'd offer him $2.5 - 3M as a rotation player and backup at the end of his career.
He could still be interested because family probably wants to be back in Miami. If he still expects top money, the answer would be a definite NO.

Luxury pickup that I would stay away from.

We do need a veteran plugger in there, think Soliai is just too expensive for what we need and for what we have already invested.

Now if we were moving to a 3-4 defense, this would be a no brainer.

What if he came back at a discount?

What if he came back at a discount?

Would be great, but just looking at his agent's tweets, he does not seemed "discount" focused . . .but anything is possible. 4.5 million per year max, and even that is uncomfortable, but the goal is trying to get more out of the Suh investment, so I could understand, and essentially you are looking at two million plus the Earl Mitchell savings.

Miami is interested in everybody, or at least every agent will want you to believe that until we prove we can build a foundation in the draft. Dline is deep in this draft.

Would love to have him back. Cut Mitchell and resign Soliai. He also gives the DC the flexibility to run a multiple front scheme.

Trying to think if anyone is even left in FO and staff with any connection to Paul still, think there all gone, well except Grier.

Guess will have to see if FO has any interest.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Would rather have Terrence knighton

Same here although we made no attempt last time around at him depending on who was really making those calls Mike T or Hickey.

Trying to think if anyone is even left in FO and staff with any connection to Paul still, think there all gone, well except Grier.

Guess will have to see if FO has any interest.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, nobody is here that was involved in that decision.

Keim says Knighton is unlikely to return unless "the Redskins can’t find another nose tackle and he loses weight. Even then it might not happen." Per ESPN Stats, the Redskins yielded 4.23 yards per carry with Knighton in the game last year. That number is far too high. On the free agent market, Ian Williams (49ers) and Damon Harrison (Jets) would both be upgrades on Knighton.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5320/terrance-knighton

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 24s24 seconds ago
Omar Kelly Retweeted Danny Weier
Yes....and Soliai wants to come home to Miami. He can take on two, which frees up Suh

Back
Top Bottom