Falcons begin play without Vick against Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Falcons begin play without Vick against Dolphins

It would've been nice for the defense to play against a quarterback like Vick, but I guess those are the breaks...(no pun intended).

Doug Johnson is a good prospect. When MIchael vick was out, he helped the falcons gain more victories and played flawless.

Honestly Michael Vick is so incredibly unique to the rest of the NFL, what value could facing Vick in the preseason have to our defense? Nobody is going to look like Mike Vick except Mike Vick, and I would much rather the Phins practice against guys who will make more plays with their arm than their legs.

Doug Johnson is a damn good QB. He could pick teams apart or he could sling it deep on defenses. He's also athletic. If Mike Vick came out and made us look silly with his happy feet, all that does is give the Fins bad press and make the fan base think our defense is crappy.

We'll have faced two very good backups. Not your average, OMG-don't get us killed guys. I wouldn't mind seeing Johnson or Garrard in Miami one day.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Honestly Michael Vick is so incredibly unique to the rest of the NFL, what value could facing Vick in the preseason have to our defense?
other than preparing for the Philly game or Titans game none - other McNabb and McNair are not 1/2 the runner Vick is...

This is good because our starters will be going about 3 quarters....we should win today's game. I also exp[ect 3 INTs from the defense.

Back
Top Bottom