Falcons Injury - Kroy Biermann and Ewing Land On Injured Reserve | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Falcons Injury - Kroy Biermann and Ewing Land On Injured Reserve

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Kroy Biermann has a torn achilles. Bradie Ewing has a separated shoulder. Both will go on injured reserved.

Biermann is a big loss, maybe their best defensive player. We should be able to run the ball and protect Tannehill way better than the previous games.

I hate injuries but I have to be happy with Biermann out and I wish them both a speedy recovery

We really need to setup a nice screen for Lamar! Also, the Wheel route has been open a few times for him. I absolutely love it when teams like the Patriots and even Baltimore, Line the RB wide taking a LB with him. Patriots scored often going over top to Veerne/Ridely on that play. No reason we shouldn't be exploiting L.Millers matchup problem on LB...

Biermann was hardly their best defensive player. A good player, underrated around the league, but a spot/rotational guy for pretty much his entire career.

biermann killed jake long back in '09... i always thought he was a good player.. sad to see anyone get hurt but this helps the fins a slight bit

Is Steven Jackson out? I know he got banged up early in week two and didn't return.

That was Vernon Carey. John Abraham killed Jake Long that day.
biermann killed jake long back in '09... i always thought he was a good player.. sad to see anyone get hurt but this helps the fins a slight bit

Looks like they are severly dinged up. A number of starters left in the first half and only 1 returned. The remaining injured players didnt even return to the sideline.

Asante Samuel left the week one game with a thigh injury and did not return. Looks like he reaggrivated it which coupld possibly put him out. Who knows. I bet at a minimum he will be doubtful.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9677691/steven-jackson-atlanta-falcons-leaves-game-td-run

Is Steven Jackson out? I know he got banged up early in week two and didn't return.

Jackson will probably be back...to me it just looked like a nasty thigh bruise. Never know- he went out a few games for a similar injury a few years back.

he has been a starter this year and played fairly well.

He only made it through a game and a half. PFF had him getting one hurry against New Orleans and two hurries against St. Louis before getting hurt. Like I said, I've always liked him, and this news will help Clabo, but the injuries to Sean Witherspoon, Steven Jackson and Roddy White are more vital to this weekend.

Samuel looks to be okay, they pulled him as a precaution. I'd love to see ATL put 2 rookie corners on the field at the same time, it'd be like bizzaro 2009

Weatherspoon looks to be okay as well.

Frankly, ATL defense has always been a paper tiger IMO. Very soft up the middle and questionable on the back end. A team that doesn't like to get physical.

IMO, this game will be determined up front. And my money will be on the MIA front 7 over matching the ATL front 5.

Anyway you slice it, it is a pretty big loss for them.
Biermann was hardly their best defensive player. A good player, underrated around the league, but a spot/rotational guy for pretty much his entire career.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

This is true also.
He only made it through a game and a half. PFF had him getting one hurry against New Orleans and two hurries against St. Louis before getting hurt. Like I said, I've always liked him, and this news will help Clabo, but the injuries to Sean Witherspoon, Steven Jackson and Roddy White are more vital to this weekend.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Noone has mentioned something though... The return of Mike Nolan.. Lol.. Good thing its a completely different and now functional offense. Unlike the one he used to see in practice everyday.

i doubt this was ever in dispute

FWIW the key Atlanta beat writer to follow is named D. Orlando Ledbetter (seriously).

Here's his twitter: https://twitter.com/AJCFalcons

The Falcons were a MASH unit during the Rams game so it'll be important to monitor their injury situations. It's a good thing for us that they won. Non conference road games are a notoriously bad situational variable, as I'm sure Awsi Dooger will expand on this week.

Back
Top Bottom