Falcons shopping Schaub/Could help chances of Quinn falling! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Falcons shopping Schaub/Could help chances of Quinn falling!

I don't see Atlanta being successful with Vick either. His flashes of success come from his scrambling and running abilities-not his throwing. Until he learns to be a quarterback instead of a running back the Falcons will forever be a see-saw team that under achieves year after year.

Atlanta would be smart to hang onto Schaub. Also, if their running game, which isn't what it used to be, takes a nose dive they will really fall apart.

yeah, they should hold out for a low first or a high second

I think Vick can do alot better with Petrino. a defensive HC, average WCO OC and crappy WR's did little to help him

not be ruled out. As much as the club wants to keep Schaub, it doesn't want to lose him for nothing after the 2007 season when he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

that explains it, in a year they will get nothing for him

I think the Vikings 2nd rounder for Schaub would be a great trade for both teams

I knew this was gonna happen would love to see this guy starting for the Vikings, Browns, or maybe even the Raiders...... This would have a huge affect on the Draft. The possibality of Garcia, Huard, Plummer and Carr all being out there, things could get real interesting.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/2007/02/falcons-to-shop-schaub.html

It certainly is some interesting news. Right now, there's a much bigger market for veteran QB's than there are for rookie ones. But if those guys in front of us sign some vet QB's to take over, we could be in good shape to nab Quinn at #9.

Schaub is just a glorified AJ Feeley, a classic west coast QB who has looked good in limited time in relief of injured starters. I wouldnt waste a 5th on him and really hope some team in front of us trades for him and drops out of Quinn talks, im so pumped up to get that guy, just gives me flashes of the success Manning is having.

Big market for second rate vet QBs, hope some teams go for them.

Say no to Quinn.

Any specific reasoning?

We've had many people post the same thing, but that's ALL they post. Most don't give a reasoning.

I wouldn't mind Quinn (although I want Adams), but I sure would like to hear a lot of the reasons people say no to Quinn. Rather than just seeing posts like this.

No way Shaub goes for only a 2nd or 3rd round pick. They are off their rockers in that sense. He will go for a 1rst round pick if he is traded. Frankly, I would rather have Shaub than Quinn. Shaub has demonstrated NFL ability, Quinn has not.

Oh yeah, he's been real impressive in the NFL with his eye popping 52.2% completion percentage, his whopping 1033 yards of production, his 6 touch downs AND 6 Interceptions, and his off the charts 69.2 quarterback rating...........yeah your right, he has mad skills:lol:

Take all this with a grain of salt. This could be Atlanta just sending a flyer (like they've done in the past with him) as to what teams are willing to give, just to see how bad teams want him. They obviously know nobody will make an offer on his RFA status and have to give a 1st and 3rd. BUT there may be some teams willing to give up a 2nd and something else to get him. I don't think Atlanta trades him for anything less than multiple picks (2nd & 5th) or (3rd and 4th), unless someone offers a 1st (which I doubt). What I could see happen is a multi-pick offer over 2 years (this year's 2nd and next year's 4th or something like that). Just depends on how bad a team wants someone to come right in an take charge of the team. Teams that can't wait for a rookie to take the year or two to develop, will be the most likely candidates. I could see Carolina, Houston, maybe Minnesota & Cleveland. Obviously, most of these would be helpful to us, if we are looking QB in the draft, but at this point, I wouldn't get my hopes up. I think the Denver/Houston trade is more likely than this one.

Oh yeah, he's been real impressive in the NFL with his eye popping 52.2% completion percentage, his whopping 1033 yards of production, his 6 touch downs AND 6 Interceptions, and his off the charts 69.2 quarterback rating...........yeah your right, he has mad skills:lol:

Looking at his career stats, you're right that they aren't that impressive. But he came off the bench for nearly all of those games. He has 2 starts, one was during his rookie season and the other was in 2005. The 2005 game was against one of the better defenses in the league, the Patriots, and Schaub went 18-34 for 298 yds 3 TD 0 INT. That was the game that people fell in love with, I think.

Not saying they are right or wrong, beacause I haven't seen enough of him myself to know, but I think that's the game that really put him on people's radar. Also, his physical stature (6'5, 235) is ideal.

Looking at his career stats, you're right that they aren't that impressive. But he came off the bench for nearly all of those games. He has 2 starts, one was during his rookie season and the other was in 2005. The 2005 game was against one of the better defenses in the league, the Patriots, and Schaub went 18-34 for 298 yds 3 TD 0 INT. That was the game that people fell in love with, I think.

Not saying they are right or wrong, beacause I haven't seen enough of him myself to know, but I think that's the game that really put him on people's radar. Also, his physical stature (6'5, 235) is ideal.

Exactly.

It's hard to determine players based on a few games. Some times they get it right, some times they get it wrong (as we did with Feeley). When players show flashes, though, you have to wonder about them.

Out of those choices ... the only 1 I would want is Schaub ...

I would 'consider' Huard, with an incentive laden contract ... I look at him as an improved version of Joey ...

Last year, I was pretty high on either Cutler or Carr ... I have soured a bit on Carr .... if for no other reason than -- Plummer

What I mean is, Plummer showed glimpses while with the Cards .... so you would think - that surrounded by talent, he would reach that next level -- well he didn't with DEN .... which brings me back to Carr --- he hasn't shown many glimpses, and hasn't carried HOU at all ... regadless of whether or not he had an awful OL .... thus Carr is now off my list of potential long term starters ....

Even Jay Fiedler had a game or two where he looked like an all-pro.

Schaub has limited mobility and does not have an Elway arm, he's a decent prospect but to suggest that he's proven something in the NFL is a joke, he certainly is not worth a 1st rounder in my opinion, and I have yet to see anybody step up and offer Atlanta that sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom