Falcons to Release Robinson, Turner, Abraham | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Falcons to Release Robinson, Turner, Abraham

MD

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
John Abraham, Dunta Robinson and Michael Turner will be released by the Falcons later today per NFL AM. I would be on the phone to Abraham's agent as he is still a formidable pass rush option.

abrahams getting long in the tooth...the falcons really had to limit his snaps this year to try and get some bang for their buck...not surprised they cut bait...looks like pass rushing de is a major need in the draft for them now...

With us playing Indy and ATL next season, and with Freeney and Abraham getting cut . . . you almost have to sign Jake Long now . . . right? I mean those 2 speed rushers are the 2 guys that have given him the most hell in the NFL. He's good to go now.

I had Turner on my fantasy team this year - he got so fat and pretty much is only good for the goal-line TD plunge anymore. His ability to score in short yardage is the only thing that kept him from being a complete fantasy bust. I know we're talking real football here but my point is he is no longer capable of chewing up big yards consistently + he looks like an out of shape O-lineman now...

With us playing Indy and ATL next season, and with Freeney and Abraham getting cut . . . you almost have to sign Jake Long now . . . right? I mean those 2 speed rushers are the 2 guys that have given him the most hell in the NFL. He's good to go now.

the de shaughnessy for oakland ate his lunch also week 2...ha ha...

abrahams getting long in the tooth...the falcons really had to limit his snaps this year to try and get some bang for their buck...not surprised they cut bait...looks like pass rushing de is a major need in the draft for them now...

Falcons could be looking to trade up . . . I know they aren't trying to give up the bounty they gave up for Jones, but what about their 1st (30), 2nd (60) and 4th (124) for the 12 pick (Werner, Ansah, Mingo, Jordan, etc.). We'd be getting short changed some according to the value chart but I'd think Miami would still do well in this kind of draft.

Abraham only needs to be situational. Could be a good pick up on the cheap. Turner is long past his prime.

Falcons could be looking to trade up . . . I know they aren't trying to give up the bounty they gave up for Jones, but what about their 1st (30), 2nd (60) and 4th (124) for the 12 pick (Werner, Ansah, Mingo, Jordan, etc.). We'd be getting short changed some according to the value chart but I'd think Miami would still do well in this kind of draft.

i've pegged them for alex okafor...prior to this release even...they may need to trade up though to get him given how poor this edge pass rush class has shown postseason...

with atl it will be dline cb or te with that top pick...no doubt in my mind

I had Turner on my fantasy team this year - he got so fat and pretty much is only good for the goal-line TD plunge anymore. His ability to score in short yardage is the only thing that kept him from being a complete fantasy bust. I know we're talking real football here but my point is he is no longer capable of chewing up big yards consistently + he looks like an out of shape O-lineman now...

He's been like that for at least 2 years now...

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

...And he still had 10 sacks.

Dunta Robinson is the most interesting name for me there.

Turner and Robinso are what they are right now.

For Turner that's a Jerome Bettis type role on a team where he gets 5-6 touches per game in short yardage....I think I'd pass on that.
Abraham is a situational Rusher, I mean I woudn't be against bringing him on, but I wouldn't necessarily make it a priority. I'd rather have
Freeney if choosing between the 2.

I would be on the phone with John Abraham right now, as I write this. I wouldn't hesitate, I would just make him an offer and show him that we want him.

Dunta Robinson affects us slightly. He's just more supply in this corner market which already should include Cary Williams, Keenan Lewis, Sean Smith, Derek Cox, E.J. Biggers and Chris Houston...not to mention Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Brent Grimes and Aqib Talib. All the more reason to believe we can fix that issue in free agency without even necessarily engaging in overpays, and without forcing our hand to pick a corner at 12 overall.

Id bring Turner to Miami. He will be cheapish and I dislike having an unproven kid like Miller as our main back.

I have no real interest in either Michael Turner or Dunta Robinson. I think John Abraham is the jewel of that release party.

Those that are inclined to argue about his age or other circumstancial type stuff...please just sit down and watch him play football some time. That's all. If you don't like it, you don't like it, nothing to be done about that.

Back
Top Bottom