Fanduel's view of Miami as a trade destination IF Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fanduel's view of Miami as a trade destination IF Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston

Maybe just me but that seems like a high risk wager.

I think we have better options that actually avoid risk rather than adding it.

Like he's done with Houston?
I don't place a single bit of the blame for their issues on Watson. Inept front office decision making is 100% responsible for their misfortunes.

Watson has been remarkable. He makes any team on our level a title contender immediately. 4800 yards, 33 TD passes to only 7 picks, and completed 70% of his passes at that mass. He single handedly keeps his awful football team in games, like he did against a top 4 AFC team in Tennessee when they were fighting for the division title in week 17.

Having followed him closely since Clemson.... He's an absolute gamer and an excellent leader. His teammates love him.

Last edited:
How many has he won so far?....Have you ever seen a QB run into as many sacks as Watson does?
Come on man, if Tua would have put up half the production deshaun does this board would be saying he’s the next Marino (already said that regardless).

I don’t care how many sacks he runs into when he’s putting up 300 yard 3 TD performances.

Off your rocker if you wouldn’t trade tua for Watson lol

I see how the rookie contract value comes into play, but I’ll still take Watson

How many has he won so far?....Have you ever seen a QB run into as many sacks as Watson does?
We should know better than anywhere outside of Houston how terribly ran that team was by O'Brien. I don't think any QB in history wins with this 2020 Texans team. In spite of how horrific his team/coaching staff was this year, he led the NFL in passing yards while only throwing 7 INTs. He's made 3 consecutive Pro Bowls. Prior to the mess this year, his previous teams have gone 11-5 and 10-5 (missed 1 game in 2019). He's won a playoff game. His career low in passer rating is a whopping 98.

Watson has been awesome since the first time he stepped onto an NFL field. Look at his rookie records. They're astonishing. Guy threw 16 TDs in a single month as a rookie QB playing behind an awful OL - an OL so poor that the team decided to throw away two drafts to get him some blindside protection. Unfortunately, they also threw away his WR1, and he still put up the numbers he did this season on an abysmal team/coaching staff.

Jim Plunkett is the only QB to win multiple Super Bowls after a trade....
So? Is it that being traded has magical effects on a quarterback or is it that trades involving excellent, in their prime, proven QBs are rare? And if winning multiple Super Bowls is what makes a quarterback worth having on the roster, are you saying you wouldn't want Marino, Fouts, Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes, etc as your QB?

Who would he throw to.?...You think Houston will eat that cap hit?....It would take players and several 1st rd picks (3 min plus 2nd rounders)
to get Watson...

I'd be all in on on Watson proven special player, but not at the asking price, Tua plus #3 and #18.
So much so I actually posed such a trade on this board a week ago.

Nevertheless, the cost there is too much. I'd offer Tua and #3. Anything more, forget it. And the main reason there is the cheap years you are giving up with Tua. Paying Watson limits $$$ to invest in a roster that desperately needs it. If you're gonna make that move, his contract limits what you should offer IMO.

Who would he throw to.?...You think Houston will eat that cap hit?....It would take players and several 1st rd picks (3 min plus 2nd rounders)
to get Watson...
He as in Tua in Houston or Watson in Miami? Personally, I think Miami and Houston will both sign at least one veteran WR free agent and draft a WR in the first three rounds as well no matter what.

Just my 2 cents.... I’m not a fan of QB’s that run as much as Watson and Jackson do. I want my QB’s to throw the ball (Mahomes and Rodgers), not run the ball. That’s why you draft Running Backs. Let Watson go to an NFC team. I’ll improve this team around Tua and see what he has for the next 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom