Fanduel's view of Miami as a trade destination IF Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fanduel's view of Miami as a trade destination IF Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston

The kid showed flashes of potential, but he was far from showing that he’s untouchable. End of the day when the majority of your passes are short to intermediate it is expected that your QB will complete in excess of 60%. When your passing offense is conservative it is expected you will throw more TDs than INTs. These are reasons why the training wheels should have come off, and why we shouldn’t have kept subbing him out for Fitzpatrick. Now we have question marks over what he can and cannot do, or who he can or cannot become.

Note that I didn’t say Tua stunk or can’t be our quarterback of the future. I am merely stating a fact that this team will make a business decision over him just like they will over another player. If the Dolphins believe Watson will make us a Super Bowl contender, they’ll go for it. If the Dolphins believe another QB in the draft will make us better, they’ll go for it. That’s what the best front offices do, they don’t wait four years to see what happens - they act.
Yes u right lol game film so stupid like other say, receiver don’t run deep but lol why look at game film just look at forum they know more.

or lol no look at stats that show Tua very accurate downfield and deep. Lol stupid it’s lie. Gailey good but he replace at halftime of bills game don’t you know!?

yes he right cardinal show that Rosen go 3-13 with 11 td and 14 pick with 55% comp and 66 rating is same as 6-3 11 td and 5 pick and 64% comp and 87 rating is same thing and can be up for trading.

u never know lol these whacky nfl gms I would trade Tua in heartbeat, same as Rosen
You do realise that Watson is a star quarterback and Tua is a rookie coming off an above average rookie season?

Tua might be a star in the future, but Watson is a star right now. That’s why people are discussing the possibility. If Tua had shown more as a rookie, there wouldn’t be any discussion. Same goes for the draft.

Whatever decision our front office make is up to them. I would back Tua rather than drafting a new QB, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn’t swap Tua for Watson because of the sheer upgrade we would be getting. If Tua was that good, he wouldn’t be getting subbed for Fitzpatrick and Fitzpatrick wouldn’t have been the one keeping us in the playoff hunt.

Man, all y'all calling for Watson. What happens if he does the same thing to us in a year or two if he doesn't like the way things are going?
We drafted Tua for a reason. You saw him play in college. Jeez, it takes a minute to adjust to the NFL from college. Remember Peyton Manning in his first year?

You do realise that Watson is a star quarterback and Tua is a rookie coming off an above average rookie season?

Tua might be a star in the future, but Watson is a star right now. That’s why people are discussing the possibility. If Tua had shown more as a rookie, there wouldn’t be any discussion. Same goes for the draft.

Whatever decision our front office make is up to them. I would back Tua rather than drafting a new QB, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn’t swap Tua for Watson because of the sheer upgrade we would be getting. If Tua was that good, he wouldn’t be getting subbed for Fitzpatrick and Fitzpatrick wouldn’t have been the one keeping us in the playoff hunt.
Yes I agree we trade tunsil for 2 first round and 2 second round pick.

watson they ask 3 first rounders and 2 2nd rounders and Tua. Make sense yes let’s trade everyone and deshaun can throw it to Mack hollins and Lynn Bowden and make them superstar. 6 players for 1 good way to build team.

All need qb u see no worry about anyone else qb make everyone catch better

True, but Tua would have to be extremely naive to think that the Dolphins will not be considering their options, be it in the draft or through trading for a star QB like Watson. The Cardinals showed that just because you draft a QB high doesn’t mean they’ll get a second year if someone better comes along. Same goes here. If our front office believe Watson can take us to the next level and we can acquire him, they’ll do it and not consider what Tua thinks or feels. Same goes if they believe a QB in the draft is a better option to build around, they’ll do it and not consider what Tua thinks or feels. It’s a business decision.

Granted I’m not on the draft someone new bandwagon. I’d prefer to give Tua time and build around him. But at the end of the day the team has to do what’s best for the team long term. Tua is a smart kid, he’ll know that discussions will be taking place even though our front office came out and said he’s our QB in 2021.
Good point as well.
Tua is a mature young man. He knows, ultimately, this is a business decision. Like you said, he would be naive to think the FO would not at least talk to Hou and test the water.

Whether the deal get done or not, if he remains with the dolphins, he would not and should not has any ill feeling toward the organization. And if his confident is shaking by FO conducting trade talk, then may be he is not the qb we want.

Yes u right lol game film so stupid like other say, receiver don’t run deep but lol why look at game film just look at forum they know more.

or lol no look at stats that show Tua very accurate downfield and deep. Lol stupid it’s lie. Gailey good but he replace at halftime of bills game don’t you know!?

I heard about miami's WRs dropping passes. I couldn't watch the games as I was working most sundays but man nice pass only to be dropped

So because they didn’t go with his input he’s throwing a tantrum and demanding a trade? Is that what I’m not understanding? Because that’s what it looks like to me.
He’s tired of the losing, he’s tired of his team making stupid trades. He’s probably wanting a more creative OC....

Now after being told he WOULD have input they go back to the Patriot well again after the disaster of Callaghan in hiring a GM...I think he’s justified, Unlike Minkah Fitzpatrick !

Man, all y'all calling for Watson. What happens if he does the same thing to us in a year or two if he doesn't like the way things are going?
We drafted Tua for a reason. You saw him play in college. Jeez, it takes a minute to adjust to the NFL from college. Remember Peyton Manning in his first year?

Peyton was pushing the ball down field as a rookie. Throwing beyond 15 yards. Peyton wasn’t checking it down.

College clearly doesn’t mean much. Those college skills don’t always translate to the NFL

I slept on it. Yesterday I supported this trade, now I dont.

We cant give up so many 1sts and 2nd round picks for anyone, especially not a guy who only won 4 games this year.

Im not a fan of Tua, but lets give him better receivers and OL and see if he gets better.

If Lawrence makes it to 3, i would take him. No on other QB.

That was such a beautiful throw l. That was basically a 55 yard throw. People that say he can't throw are clowns.

Back
Top Bottom