Fanduel's view of Miami as a trade destination IF Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fanduel's view of Miami as a trade destination IF Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston

I slept on it. Yesterday I supported this trade, now I dont.

We cant give up so many 1sts and 2nd round picks for anyone, especially not a guy who only won 4 games this year.

Im not a fan of Tua, but lets give him better receivers and OL and see if he gets better.

If Lawrence makes it to 3, i would take him. No on other QB.

I agree, even though I was for the trade previously. Watson is definitely more talented than Tua. We have already been down the road of having the best QB and we never won a SB. I would still trade back to pick up more picks and build the team. Much easier with a rookie QB contract

I don't know if its been mentioned already, but Peter King talked about the possible trade yesterday during the Sky Sports coverage of the playoffs.

Basically said, the new GM would likely give Watson a couple of weeks to calm down and then look at repairing the relationship. He didn't think it would be likely he would be traded. He also said that it would take 3 firsts plus Tua to get him if it did come to it.

I like Watson, he is the real deal, but that is too steep a price for me (not that it matters)

All these scenarios of Watson coming here are just nuts to me and contrary to how Miami has been trying to build a team. Much rather stick with Tua and keep our picks and salary cap under control. Still believe with the right OC and some weapons that Tua can be big time in this league. We run the risk of being as foolish as the Texans were with us for Tunsil. Destroying our draft and taking his cap hit does not help us field a team around him. We still need a lot of offensive help for Watson too or we just waste him.

Not going to happen. Bienemy ain’t going to move lateral for the same job. Only way he’ll move is for a HC position.
Bienemy will get a HC job...But EVERYONE knows why it's taking so long ..Watson can pound the table all day for him...
Have you seen Bienemy's rap sheet?..
That's hard to make as a face of your coaching staff......I'm not saying people can't change...
You know the way the world is today.....

I don't know if its been mentioned already, but Peter King talked about the possible trade yesterday during the Sky Sports coverage of the playoffs.

Basically said, the new GM would likely give Watson a couple of weeks to calm down and then look at repairing the relationship. He didn't think it would be likely he would be traded. He also said that it would take 3 firsts plus Tua to get him if it did come to it.

I like Watson, he is the real deal, but that is too steep a price for me (not that it matters)

3 first and Tua...🤣🤣🤣🤣 After we use their picks in the draft we should thank them

Also in the no thanks camp. Miami finally has the draft picks to fill lots of holes 1 guy can't plug. Stay the course and use the equity you built up over many seasons to get talent across the board

Well, it's hard now. There's rules about interviewing coaches on playoff teams. I don't think he can interview now until the Chiefs are out.
He interviewed for several teams already, actually everybody except Houston

Also in the no thanks camp. Miami finally has the draft picks to fill lots of holes 1 guy can't plug. Stay the course and use the equity you built up over many seasons to get talent across the board
Yah the FO is not giving up all their darts that they just acquired - to thro at the dart board of cheap salaries

I think the Tua and 3 firsts (assuming one is #3 overall) is a little overblown if you ask me. Watson is a great player but...

#3 this year is not your typical 1st rounder
Watson is expensive and they are getting a QB on a rookie contract
Houston isn't negotiating from a position of strength if Watson is forcing their hand.

I would offer Tua, 18 and 36 and next years first.

When you consider that the #3 overall could easily yield the Dolphins (or Texans) both a top flight WR and another First Rounder in a trade down scenario, the idea of giving up that pick AND more picks with Tua for Houston seems a bit ridiculous to me. I like Tua and I think he'll be good, but I'd move him for Watson in a trade that made sense. Value-wise I'd add offer #18 and Texans 2nd rounder to make it happen, but in the scenario where we give up both our firsts and Tua for Watson, it could hypothetically shake out to something like this:

Option 1:
Watson

Option 2:
Tua
2021 #18 pick
Smith/Chase/Waddle
2022 1st rounder (from another team)

I take Option #2 all day, especially when you factor in cap hit.

Sorry, I'm not mortgaging the future for today.

Last year clearly showed we're more than a QB away from competing. Bring in Watson and he's gonna throw bombs to who? Grant? Are you kidding me? Are any of you watching the playoffs. At the end of every "great pass" you have playmakers making plays. Something we lack allover the field offensively.

We've done this so many times and never get ahead. People all excited about the shiny new thing, willing to give up everything assuming he's going to be the savior. How many examples do you need that without a solid foundation premium players simply can't carry a bad team on their own.

I'd rather be a great TEAM instead of just having a great player. Look at Howard. Great player... but we STILL got blownout by the Bills. I don't want to be 7-7 again where we won the offseason with the flashing name, but don't make the playoffs.

Great teams are built through the draft.

Sorry, I'm not mortgaging the future for today.

Last year clearly showed we're more than a QB away from competing. Bring in Watson and he's gonna throw bombs to who? Grant? Are you kidding me? Are any of you watching the playoffs. At the end of every "great pass" you have playmakers making plays. Something we lack allover the field offensively.

We've done this so many times and never get ahead. People all excited about the shiny new thing, willing to give up everything assuming he's going to be the savior. How many examples do you need that without a solid foundation premium players simply can't carry a bad team on their own.

I'd rather be a great TEAM instead of just having a great player. Look at Howard. Great player... but we STILL got blownout by the Bills. I don't want to be 7-7 again where we won the offseason with the flashing name, but don't make the playoffs.

Great teams are built through the draft.
Cmon man, we were 9 and 7 last year. No way Daunte Culpepper doesn't take us to the Super Bowl in our house.

I think the Tua and 3 firsts (assuming one is #3 overall) is a little overblown if you ask me. Watson is a great player but...

#3 this year is not your typical 1st rounder
Watson is expensive and they are getting a QB on a rookie contract
Houston isn't negotiating from a position of strength if Watson is forcing their hand.

I would offer Tua, 18 and 36 and next years first.

LOL dude that's less that what we got for Tunsil !!! You are out of your mind if you think they would take that. This would be a completely unique situation never before would a team trade a QB with the reputation Watson at 25 years old, he the face of their franchise and you don't just give them away for less than you gave up for a LT who you had to then give a bumper contract to.

You can't even look at what teams gave up to move up for QBs in previous drafts, because Watson has already proven he can play at an elite level. Washington gave up 3 firsts (including the 6th overall pick) and a 2nd to move up for the 2nd pick to take RG3. The Eagles did a similar thing with 3 first rounders (including 8 overall, which was originally ours BTW) and a second to move up to 2 to take Wentz. Neither RG3 nor Wentz were slam dunk can't misses, in fact both weren't even considered the best QB in their draft. Watson is way less of a risk than either of them, so the bidding starts at higher probably much higher than that compensation. You are looking at all our 1's and 2's this year plus at least 1 next and Tua !!

We do all that for a QB who won 4 games last season 2 less than the prospect we are giving up on in his Rookie season, and unlike Tua he started every game. Don't get me wrong Watson is great and I 'm not saying Tua is better just yet, but there are warts to Watson's game and his reputation a little blown up. If we even think of making this move we are basically hitting the rest button again because you've completely lost all the pieces you had in place to build a "Team" around.

This whole thing is summed up basically by this famous meme:

1610383521905.png

Stupid is,as stupid does!!!!

Back
Top Bottom