Fanduel's view of Miami as a trade destination IF Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fanduel's view of Miami as a trade destination IF Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston

Peyton was pushing the ball down field as a rookie. Throwing beyond 15 yards. Peyton wasn’t checking it down.

College clearly doesn’t mean much. Those college skills don’t always translate to the NFL
Yeah and Peyton threw a ton of interceptions his rookie year as a result. Miami’s play calling was conservative which is why the passes were short. Don’t forget didn’t Peyton even as a rookie have Marvin Harrison to pass to? Tua can hit deep passes as shown by that gif. He’ll have even better velocity with another season and training camp and strength training to get his hip Stronger.

BTW, for anyone on the “Tunsil took two firsts and two seconds so Watson is worth more than that: there isn’t arguing that Watson is worth more than Tunsil. The proper retort, though, is Tunsil wasn’t worth two firsts and two seconds. He’ll, Minkah only yielded one first.
The fact is that the Texans moved four top picks for Tunsil and are very much now a team in flux. Those two items are related.....part of the reason things are bleak there is they gave up a lot of their future to bring in a tackle....and then traded away their stud receiver. The Houston Texans are very much a clyster****.

I'm sure when the Texans were making the Tunsil deal, they were not thinking their pick would be #3. If you told them that, they would have carried Tunsil back to Miami. I am not even sure the front office would be comfortable giving up the #3 in a deal for Watson. These future 1st round picks that are dealt usually aren't landing at 3. Would Miami give up next year's first in a deal if they knew they would stink and it would be in the top 5?

Sox Mi Amigo..... I’m curious on your take on why he wants out of Houston. Does that not concern you a little? You and I agree....He’s better than Tua right now. No Question. But him wanting out because they didn’t hire the GM he wanted concerns me. What’s your take?
Yeah, I do think that's a little more than we know but I need to hear more about it. That organization is a true **** show. I think they seem intent on doing the exact opposite of what the league protocol is. I don't want to claim I know what happened there because I don't. Seems to be some deep rooted issues. The social justice thing seems to be a big deal in his world and I have no idea how this is playing out down there.

The thing is, the contract is going to be huge anytime you get a franchise qb. Tua is not as costly on his rookie contract. But say he has a monster year next season and even though he's on his rookie contract, he could want big pay. And could want out and other teams want him. All it takes is for a qb to make a big splash and go from being on the cheaper side to being a big pay. That's just something you'll have to deal with but is a good thing when finding a franchise qb. They will want top money but a top qb is hard to find and worth it.
Watson's contact will be a bargain for the next group of superstars. Look at what Ryan Tannehill made for being average! He had one good year with Tennessee and boom, his stock exploded. This for a guy who threw for a grand total of 160 yards in two playoff wins while going 15/29 haha. Let's show him what he's won, Johnny! A brand new 30 million a year contract!

He's not a world beater, but he's making 30 million!!! This is perspective on what great QB's go for. If Deshaun Watson had Davis and AJ Brown with Derrick Henry, he would absolutely destroy football.

BTW, for anyone on the “Tunsil took two firsts and two seconds so Watson is worth more than that: there isn’t arguing that Watson is worth more than Tunsil. The proper retort, though, is Tunsil wasn’t worth two firsts and two seconds. He’ll, Minkah only yielded one first.
The fact is that the Texans moved four top picks for Tunsil and are very much now a team in flux. Those two items are related.....part of the reason things are bleak there is they gave up a lot of their future to bring in a tackle....and then traded away their stud receiver. The Houston Texans are very much a clyster****.
And the proper retort to that is. Houston are the team we traded Tunsil too, Houston will not let Watson go to us for less than traded Tunsil for, however ridiculous that trade was. Also a better comp is what other teams gave up in trading up for unproven QB prospects, Watson is proven and still very young so expect the compensation to be higher. Washington gave up 3 firsts and a 2nd for the 2nd best QB in that draft, RG3 (what a move that was :)) and Philly did the same for again the 2nd best qb in the class moving to #2 to take Wentz (LOL).

Expecting Houston to give Watson away for less than these comps is naïve in the extreme, there is literally no precedence for trading a QB who is as highly thought of as Watson is at such a young age, it's never happened for a very good reason, you don't give up your face of the franchise at the start of his career. Compensation for doing the unthinkable will not be equivilant to trading for a childish Minkah Fitzpatrick after his frankly average rookie season in Miami ffs !!

Watson's contact will be a bargain for the next group of superstars. Look at what Ryan Tannehill made for being average! He had one good year with Tennessee and boom, his stock exploded. This for a guy who threw for a grand total of 160 yards in two playoff wins while going 15/29 haha. Let's show him what he's won, Johnny! A brand new 30 million a year contract!

He's not a world beater, but he's making 30 million!!! This is perspective on what great QB's go for. If Deshaun Watson had Davis and AJ Brown with Derrick Henry, he would absolutely destroy football.

And all of that does not help us one iota, how does this stop him impacting the careful rebuild process that is well underway exactly ?? And how do you propose getting Derrick Henry, Davis and AJ Brown here in addition to taking on all that money and losing all your draft picks ??

Tannehill's played better but the playoff game proved what I felt about tannehill. A decent qb, but who needs a lot around him. Tannehill would have good passing games but most of it usually happens when Henry gets going. It's harder said than done, but when teams generally slow down Henry as the offense runs through him. Tannehill won't usually kill the team with the pass or it usually limits Tannehill. Ravens stopped Henry and put it on Tannehill to beat them and Tannehill couldn't. Tannehill had a very modest passing game.

Cmon man, we were 9 and 7 last year. No way Daunte Culpepper doesn't take us to the Super Bowl in our house.

Imagine comparing Duante Culpepper to Deshaun Watson.

Like seriously, imagine doing that. :lol:

And all of that does not help us one iota, how does this stop him impacting the careful rebuild process that is well underway exactly ?? And how do you propose getting Derrick Henry, Davis and AJ Brown here in addition to taking on all that money and losing all your draft picks ??
It doesn't have to help us one iota. It was simply stating that people who think this rookie contract is going to last if Tua blows up are nuts. Watson's contact will be a drop in the bucket compared to the next round of QB's. So Deshaun at 10 mil this year and 35 next is a bargain! Then we will complain about how much Tua costs.

It doesn't have to help us one iota. It was simply stating that people who think this rookie contract is going to last if Tua blows up are nuts. Watson's contact will be a drop in the bucket compared to the next round of QB's. So Deshaun at 10 mil this year and 35 next is a bargain! Then we will complain about how much Tua costs.

Watson's cap hit is actually $15.9 million for 2021, plus we would take a $14.2 mill dead money hit on trading Tua pre June 1st (which we would have to to give Houston the package of 21 draft picks they want). So in essence you are spending around $30mill against a project space of $32million. Thank god we traded all our draft picks because we couldn't afford to sign them. Oh and good luck throwing to Grant and Hollins down the field Deshaun because we can't afford to upgrade them, lol.

Source:

Tannehill's played better but the playoff game proved what I felt about tannehill. A decent qb, but who needs a lot around him. Tannehill would have good passing games but most of it usually happens when Henry gets going. It's harder said than done, but when teams generally slow down Henry as the offense runs through him. Tannehill won't usually kill the team with the pass or it usually limits Tannehill. Ravens stopped Henry and put it on Tannehill to beat them and Tannehill couldn't. Tannehill had a very modest passing game.
You do realize that other than Tannehill, Henry, and Brown, the Titans were actually not a very good team this year, right?

Watson's cap hit is actually $15.9 million for 2021, plus we would take a $14.2 mill dead money hit on trading Tua pre June 1st (which we would have to to give Houston the package of 21 draft picks they want). So in essence you are spending around $30mill against a project space of $32million. Thank god we traded all our draft picks because we couldn't afford to sign them. Oh and good luck throwing to Grant and Hollins down the field Deshaun because we can't afford to upgrade them, lol.

Source:
It's not 15. Houston pays out the 5 mil bonus. I already posted this twice. Dead money is literally the biggest salary cap joke. Every team takes on huge numbers on a yearly basis. The cap number for us will be far higher than 32 mil. There's more than enough money to take on dead money for Tua one year. This is a common occurrence. It's a moot point if we're not making the trade anyway.

Back
Top Bottom