Fans, Are You Worried About The Dolphins’ Pass Rush? Not Patrick Graham And Here’s Why | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fans, Are You Worried About The Dolphins’ Pass Rush? Not Patrick Graham And Here’s Why

Your scheme better be boss Patrick. That’s all I know. Unless you get a year one pass personnel wise too which I guess is possible.

Your scheme better be boss Patrick. That’s all I know. Unless you get a year one pass personnel wise too which I guess is possible.
Compared to Burke, who had no discernible "scheme", the night shift janitor had a boss sceme.

Or what? We (the fans) are going to fire him? It's okay for a coach to have confidence in his players. We are rebuilding and can't fill all the holes we have in an off-season. We all need to show a little patience and let the process unfold.

The 2 guys we signed from that defunct football league, one was a sack leader... You don't think maybe he might be anything special? At least more effective than Charles Harris?
Not sure. I only saw bits of the AAF, and it's harder to judge the quality of competition because nobody in that league technically made the NFL that year … but it's not a known level like college either. Sorry, wish I could be of more help.

And not replacing the oline is another easy way to ensure the offense is stagnant.

And throwing a young QB into the fire behind that oline more so.

I truly think you hit nail on the head.

I really think this team is being setup for failure to secure good draft position or the front office is still making very questionable moves that will hinder the team moving forward.
Agreed. All good points.

I was kinda shocked that we only drafted 1 starting OL. When we drafted Prince, we obviously made a commitment to a project player, and were not serious about solving the OL woes this year. Now, I could be wrong, and maybe they just have that kind of faith in Kilgore and Green, etc., but there were still guys available when we drafted Prince that could would compete right away for a starting spot. Made me scratch my head a bit … as did waiting to draft an edge rusher.

When you hire a bunch of Patriots assistants and their mindset is that of NE's you don't worry about having high picks on the OL or at DE.

You coach up the guys and put them in spots they can succeed in.

It's not rocket science.

I would keep an eye on Solomon Thomas if the 49ers make him available again, but I think Miami will find a way to at least equal last year's pass rush.

There is nothing that scares me more as a question mark in a player more than "questionable motor." And that is Solomon Thomas all day long. I know the dude has been through a lot over the last couple years, but that was the knock on him since college.

There's nothing better for the defense than a sack(not counting INT's).......pressure is fine but you can pressure a QB and he can still complete a pass. Even if you hit the QB he can still complete a pass or at least get rid of it and not lose yards. But when you sack the QB the play it's over.
I understand what the coach is saying of course but bring the QB down is huge.

'Almost' getting there results in INTs, batted passes, errant throws, fumbles, and others. Yeah, I like sacks, but 'almost' can kill a drive

Or what? We (the fans) are going to fire him? It's okay for a coach to have confidence in his players. We are rebuilding and can't fill all the holes we have in an off-season. We all need to show a little patience and let the process unfold.

I try not to see the game like a fan. To each his own

Last edited:
I mean hes confident in a scheme. You dont need great talent to make a scheme work as New England has consistently shown as long as you get the right fits.

Do I think the fits we have also have the talent? That remains to be seen

And not replacing the oline is another easy way to ensure the offense is stagnant.

And throwing a young QB into the fire behind that oline more so.

I truly think you hit nail on the head.

I really think this team is being setup for failure to secure good draft position or the front office is still making very questionable moves that will hinder the team moving forward.

The only thing this team has set themselves up for is making ALOT of draft picks over the next few years.

Do you think Josh Rosen wishes we drafted a RT in the second round and left him in Arizona?

Are you not aware of the “fire” this kid has been playing in for the last 4 years both in Arizona and UCLA?

I’d love to have been a fly on the wall the moment Josh Rosen was being shown film of Laremy Tunsil for the first time.

This new regime has managed to do everything different than their predecessors yet it’s still not the right plan because it hasn’t yielded results yet.

I promise you JR isn’t as worried as you are about his well being.

Maybe making a QB uncomfortable is a positive but nothing beats seeing Brady on his *** and the ball on the ground.

I agree, I love it when Brady gets smacked to the ground. But it does not make up for the stomach turning play he makes following the sack. Constant pressure on Brady or any other QB to disrupt their timing, throwing lanes and routes I will take over temporary bliss.

I agree, I love it when Brady gets smacked to the ground. But it does not make up for the stomach turning play he makes following the sack. Constant pressure on Brady or any other QB to disrupt their timing, throwing lanes and routes I will take over temporary bliss.
Having a stud pass rushing DE is certainly a benifit, but I think this "multiples" approach can have an even larger impact.

Offenses can game easily game plan against an individual, by chipping, doubling, etc. Does it neutralize that guy completely? No, but his effect can be mitigated.

With the multiples approach, an offense has to prepare for many more possibilities, as the pressure can come from anywhere, at any time.

Back
Top Bottom