Fans, Are You Worried About The Dolphins’ Pass Rush? Not Patrick Graham And Here’s Why | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fans, Are You Worried About The Dolphins’ Pass Rush? Not Patrick Graham And Here’s Why

The only thing this team has set themselves up for is making ALOT of draft picks over the next few years.

Do you think Josh Rosen wishes we drafted a RT in the second round and left him in Arizona?

Are you not aware of the “fire” this kid has been playing in for the last 4 years both in Arizona and UCLA?

I’d love to have been a fly on the wall the moment Josh Rosen was being shown film of Laremy Tunsil for the first time.

This new regime has managed to do everything different than their predecessors yet it’s still not the right plan because it hasn’t yielded results yet.

I promise you JR isn’t as worried as you are about his well being.

I saw Rosen throw the ball up to get it out of his hand to avoid hard contact a few times in zona. The just get it out of my hand thing. So yeah I do think he thinks about preservation at times. There was a throwing into the end zone int in one of the national televised games of his where I literally said to myself after he threw it he didn’t care about clarity he wanted that ball out of his hands.

I saw Rosen throw the ball up to get it out of his hand to avoid hard contact a few times in zona. The just get it out of my hand thing. So yeah I do think he thinks about preservation at times. There was a throwing into the end zone int in one of the national televised games of his where I literally said to myself after he threw it he didn’t care about clarity he wanted that ball out of his hands.
There's nothing wrong with a QB getting rid of the ball when SHTF, and everything is collapsing around him.

In the case you cited, he just has to throw it out the back of the EZ.

That type of int is brutal, because you are basically taking 3 points off the board.

It'll be interesting to see what new coaching brings to the table. I thought Burke was completely lost most of the time, and add to that a HC who didn't even watch the game when Mia was on D. It'll take time, but I'm very hopeful we can see improvements from better coaching throughout the season.

There's nothing wrong with a QB getting rid of the ball when SHTF, and everything is collapsing around him.

In the case you cited, he just has to throw it out the back of the EZ.

That type of int is brutal, because you are basically taking 3 points off the board.

It was a product of all the contact he had already taken getting in his head. I think hes not as fearless in the face of contact as thill was as a first or second year player and I think we will see evidence of it. Separate from durability.

It was a product of all the contact he had already taken getting in his head. I think hes not as fearless in the face of contact as thill was as a first or second year player and I think we will see evidence of it. Separate from durability.

You are entitled to your opinion, and you may even be correct.

I have to say, though, you do bring a lot of negativity to the table, in general.

Not anywhere near that of our beloved Largo, but it is noticeable.

It does feel like we're sorta in the middle with this rebuild.

We took an early flyer on a QB, but haven't really backed that up with additional FA acquisitions or even tire-kicking.

Painfully thin at O-Line and DE.

You are entitled to your opinion, and you may even be correct.

I have to say, though, you do bring a lot of negativity to the table, in general.

Not anywhere near that of our beloved Largo, but it is noticeable.

I’m here to talk football not freaking feelings. Can we ever just leave that women’s tee talk out? God dang

I already said rosen was the biggest move of the offseason and the reason I’m not just waiving a white flag. That kids talented but dudes as tough as tannehill don’t grow on trees. Regardless of what people think of the actual qb play.

And hard consistent contact caught up with him in Miami.

It does feel like we're sorta in the middle with this rebuild.

We took an early flyer on a QB, but haven't really backed that up with additional FA acquisitions or even tire-kicking.

Painfully thin at O-Line and DE.
Brother I think they are still looking at additional options.

On another note I thought there was a mini camp this weekend.

Want to hear how Rosen’s spinning it.

I really am excited about this multiple front defense. But, I see our lack of pass rushers as a real Achilles heel at the moment. You can't fill every hole immediately, and we have a lot of picks next year, but this is a glaring hole. I will be very pleasantly surprised if they generate sacks given this talent.

If I were going to tank, not replacing pass rushers is one easy way to ensure the defense doesn't do well. Just a thought.

I’m shocked some don’t realize the Patriots scheme doesn’t really have typical edge rushers, like a Cam Wake...Trey Flowers was their sack leader at 7.5....the next guy had 4.5.

Ya there was a lot of that UCLA too.

JR is clearly better at that then RT was/is, which in itself can help the OL.

Wilson and Grant should pick up where they left off.

Running game will likely continue to be hit or miss week to week.

It'll be interesting to see what new coaching brings to the table. I thought Burke was completely lost most of the time, and add to that a HC who didn't even watch the game when Mia was on D. It'll take time, but I'm very hopeful we can see improvements from better coaching throughout the season.

I don't understand how, for 2-3 games a year, Burke/Gase seemed to have quite good game plans, but the other 13-14 looked as if they couldn't spell 'gameplan.'

I don't understand how Burke seemed to have a plain unprocessed vanilla D (e.g., almost no stunts) and the players STILL didn't seem to understand it. Yeah, there were reports it was complicated, but I saw very little to indicate it.

Which gets me to, I agree, if there is one thing that gives me some optimism, it's the coaching. I'm expecting actual gameplans, actual adjustments, actual teaching players 'you have ONE assignment - do it.' No, I have no evidence, and, yes, I'm always a little optimistic with a new HC, but these guys seem to actaully be competent.

I’m here to talk football not freaking feelings. Can we ever just leave that women’s tee talk out? God dang

I already said rosen was the biggest move of the offseason and the reason I’m not just waiving a white flag. That kids talented but dudes as tough as tannehill don’t grow on trees. Regardless of what people think of the actual qb play.

And hard consistent contact caught up with him in Miami.

I can’t argue with that...even if I disagree about Rosen’s toughness...which I did see last year.

I’m shocked some don’t realize the Patriots scheme doesn’t really have typical edge rushers, like a Cam Wake...Trey Flowers was their sack leader at 7.5....the next guy had 4.5.
You mean doesn't have guys like Chandler Jones? I think what we saw is that the scheme is capable of creating pressure without typical edge rusher, like Cam Wake or Chandler Jones. But, with those guys it produces a lot more bite. They also used dominant NT/DT's like Richard Seymour to allow the scheme to create pass rush in other ways, with lesser talents like Van Noy. But yeah … this scheme needs guys who can pass rush. It just has more flexibility when it doesn't have those guys.

Back
Top Bottom