"fantasy Breakdown Of The Miami Dolphins" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"fantasy Breakdown Of The Miami Dolphins"

CRAZYDOLFAN305

We Are Still Going To The SB
Reaction score
Breakdown: Miami Dolphins

Overview
Dolphins fans have reason to be excited this year. Not only do they have a young star receiver named Chris Chambers, but now they also have a young star running back named Rickey Williams. For the past few years, the Dolphins defense has carried the offense. This year, the offense should be able to carry the defense through some games. The addition of Williams should allow Jay Fielder more time to throw downfield to all of the Dolphins receivers. While we still haven't reverted to the days of Marino, Clayton, and Duper, the Dolphins do offer some quality players for your fantasy draft.

see http://www.flyingiguana.com/Football/Breakdown/dolphins.html for rest

:eat:

Last edited by a moderator:
that was ok, but i didnt like the part where he said that fiedler is a very good backup and the possibitlity of being a starter. Whatever. I guess the only people in the world that have confidence in him are his family, him, his teamates, and a few select dofans

From a fantasy football perspective thats just plain realistic. In a typical 12 team league, Jay Fiedler just doesn't fit into those top 12 QBs. They probably belong to Kurt Warner, Jeff Garcia, Rich Gannon, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Donovan McNabb, Aaron Brooks, Daunte Culpepper, Mark Brunnell, Kordell Stewart (sadly enough), Steve McNair, and Brian Griese before picking among a group that could be an opinion pool between Tom Brady, Drew Bledsoe, Tim Couch, Trent Green, Kerry Collins, Brad Johnson, and Jay Fiedler. From a fantasy perspective I believe all 12 of those guys performed better than Fiedler last year and are expected to perform just as well this year.

i would take ricky in the 1st round...chambers in the 3rd or 4th...i would also take the phins defense and olindo mare...i wouldnt touch anybody else as a starter...

ck, I hate to argue with you, but Kordell? he only tossed 14 tds, and rushed for 5 more, for a total of 19.

Jay tossed 20, and rushed for 4. I would take Jay over Kordell.

Points is points man.

I was going to say Jay was 5th in the AFC in TD passes, then had a couple more rushing. Not that Im trying to put Jay on anybodys roster, but........................................DONT SLEEP!

Interceptions is the answer to that one, depending on how your league scores interceptions. They both threw for comparable yardage, they both had 4 fumbles. Kordell had a good 200+ more yards rushing and pretty much figures to ALWAYS have that advantage, which from a point perspective is almost always an advantage over the 150 yards more passing that Jay Fiedler had.

But the interceptions. Fiedler had 19. Kordell had 11. Of course it depends on how you score them, but 19 TDs and 11 Ints is usually preferable to 24 TDs and 19 Ints.'

But in all honesty you're probably right Kordell probably belongs in the opinion group along with Brady, Bledsoe, Green, and co.

Well he might be a sleeper this year...I might conider having Fiedler in my fantasy team ....What a goood fantasy football league?....I was in the Sunshine network one...

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Interceptions is the answer to that one, depending on how your league scores interceptions. They both threw for comparable yardage, they both had 4 fumbles. Kordell had a good 200+ more yards rushing and pretty much figures to ALWAYS have that advantage, which from a point perspective is almost always an advantage over the 150 yards more passing that Jay Fiedler had.

But the interceptions. Fiedler had 19. Kordell had 11. Of course it depends on how you score them, but 19 TDs and 11 Ints is usually preferable to 24 TDs and 19 Ints.'

But in all honesty you're probably right Kordell probably belongs in the opinion group along with Brady, Bledsoe, Green, and co.

Fielder has 20 TD's not 24. Also I broke down yards rushing, passing, TD's, and turnovers. Stewart beat Fieldler by one point.

Stewart Fielder
53 points rushing 32 points rushing yds
124 points from TD's 144 points from TD's
124 points passing yds 130 passing yds points
-22 int's -38 int's

The way I calculated the points
1 point for every 10 yds rushing
1 point for every 25 yds passing
6 points for every TD's
-2 points for int's

That's how most of the fantasy leagues score points.

Aaron Brooks sucks.

Don't draft him. I know from experience. I had him as my starter and Jay as my backup last year. By midseason Brooks just tanked it and Jay boomed. Jay was one of the best 2nd half fantasy QBs last year.

Mark Brunell and Brian Griese are risks also. Fiedler is pretty durable.

There's a couple different kinds of leagues and the ones I've seen give 60 points for TDs and -45 points for interceptions or fumbles. Thats what I was basing it on. I like I said Kordell probably belongs in the opinion crowd.

Originally posted by bills711

Fielder has 20 TD's not 24. Also I broke down yards rushing, passing, TD's, and turnovers. Stewart beat Fieldler by one point.

Stewart Fielder
53 points rushing 32 points rushing yds
124 points from TD's 144 points from TD's
124 points passing yds 130 passing yds points
-22 int's -38 int's

The way I calculated the points
1 point for every 10 yds rushing
1 point for every 25 yds passing
6 points for every TD's
-2 points for int's

That's how most of the fantasy leagues score points.

Umm 711, Jay rushed for 4 TD's. and passed for 20. That in simple math is 24.

Originally posted by dolfan87

Umm 711, Jay rushed for 4 TD's. and passed for 20. That in simple math is 24.

I was talking about passing touchdowns. That was pretty obvious. Look at the post I was replying to he was talking about Passing touchdowns to intercetions.

He actually did add the rushing TDs. He said Kordell had 19 TDs. He had 14 passing and 5 rushing. Get your facts right before you post dribble on this board.

Back
Top Bottom